All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

i had a 50 coupon to bestbuy for a cancelled pre-ordered, was thinking of getting order of 1886 but found out today someone leaked the gameplay on youtube and it was 5 hours to beat.

not sure anymore :wacko::(

now, im thinking of final fantasy type 0 HD but not sure... :unsure:

Bloodborne comes out in a month

Having used my new 3dsxl (just plain black) over the weekend, I'd have to say, it's totally worth it. I didn't have any issues doing a system transfer, either. I just stopped off at one of the local computer stores, grabbed a 32gb microsd card, and stuck it in before first boot. After a couple of hours it was all done.

I like the super stable 3d mode, and I do like the little c-stick nub. I also really appreciate the faster hardware inside. Really speeds up boot times, and smooths out framerates in a couple of my games.

What I don't like is the glossy covers. It really shows fingerprints, and does get a little slippery after a while. I don't see why they couldn't have gone with an all matte finish on it, like the previous 3dsXL.

I'm really hopping that the faster hardware allows for more virtual console games (SNES please!), and hopefully GBA titles.

Guest davidwhangchoi

wow, i read this today and thought what horrible douche bags: could be fake but it's a mean idea...

apparently 11 yr old kid used ps4 shareplay which you can volunteer control remotely to another Ps4 via streaming and the guys that took over deleted all his characters and save files. the kid started crying when he returned to find out what happened. now his mom is on the youtube account asking for help finding those guys. and a bunch of dudes online are trying to help.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/horror-scenes-as-destiny-player-deletes-stranger-s/1100-6425419/

bungie reached out to the 11 year old kid

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/103128898/0/0/1

wow, i read this today and thought what horrible douche bags: could be fake but it's a mean idea...

apparently 11 yr old kid used ps4 shareplay which you can volunteer control remotely to another Ps4 via streaming and the guys that took over deleted all his characters and save files. the kid started crying when he returned to find out what happened. now his mom is on the youtube account asking for help finding those guys. and a bunch of dudes online are trying to help.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/horror-scenes-as-destiny-player-deletes-stranger-s/1100-6425419/

bungie reached out to the 11 year old kid

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/103128898/0/0/1

While the guy(s) that did that are douchebag isn't Destiny a Teen rated game? If that happened to my nephew who's a tween I'd just a laugh at him and tell him lesson learned, trust no one ( and then go PK search and destroy and the dbags).

While the guy(s) that did that are douchebag isn't Destiny a Teen rated game? If that happened to my nephew who's a tween I'd just a laugh at him and tell him lesson learned, trust no one ( and then go PK search and destroy and the dbags).

Yeah. I mean, the guy that did this is an arsehole, and I hope he gets what's coming to him and all... but I don't have a ton of sympathy for the kid. He just learned a valuable life lesson: don't trust strangers on the internet.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yeah. I mean, the guy that did this is an arsehole, and I hope he gets what's coming to him and all... but I don't have a ton of sympathy for the kid. He just learned a valuable life lesson: don't trust strangers on the internet.

That's exactly what EXO said when he read it, about it's a life lesson not to trust strangers lol. you guys have like minds :p

another lesson, stop trying to cheat with a glitch in the first place. (but man... since he's 11, i felt bad... i think if he was older, i would've said he got what he deserved...)

i used to know two high school kids who would play diablo on hardcore(extreme mode? i don't know the proper terminology. its the one when you die, you lose everything even all your leveling up)

they would go find a noob and tell him to follow them to fight a strong boss and ditch him.

and if the noob escapes the boss, they would wait and ambush him and kill off the rest of him... so mean :unsure:

Yeah, a lot of my free time is spent on Destiny these days and some real world friends and those I've met online playing were talking about this.

I'm with David in that if the kid was a teenager or older then I'd have zero sympathy, but for a little kid, I hope that someone beats the crap out of whoever deleted his stuff - and let that beat down be a life lesson. I hate bullies.

-b.

Picked up the collector's edition on Amazon, and here's my 2 cents on Homeworld Remastered:

Pros:

Original versions of Homeworld 1 and 2!

Remastered editions of Homeworld 1 and 2!

All those extras in the box (keychain, ship model, and artbook)

Cons:

Gameplay changes to Homeworld 1

1) Ships don't maintain formation (this is really, really critical for strike craft)

2) Fighters don't need fuel

3) Research now costs resources (originally, it was just time)

4) Probably some more I haven't found

Collector's box doesn't include a soundtrack CD (not a big con, but something that would have been nice to include)

The art book is part of the original manual (and half the size too)

Overall I'm pretty happy with the remastered. I can overlook the gameplay changes to Homeworld 1, as they did include the original, which holds up really, really well for a game released in 1999.

Cons:

Gameplay changes to Homeworld 1

1) Ships don't maintain formation (this is really, really critical for strike craft)

2) Fighters don't need fuel

3) Research now costs resources (originally, it was just time)

1) i've been reading reviews pointing out that the fighter formations have been imported from HW1 into HW2, and that was a highly requested feature for the remaster since the original HW2 abandoned those formation options. so i'm wondering why that would break the formation routines in HW1. i seem to vaguely recall though, that in the original HW1, i had ships that were drifting out of formation every so often, and that it happened far less in HW2. so maybe it's a case of an original bug that didn't get stamped out in the remaster.

2) i'm torn. i can appreciate how this can reduce micromanagement in big brawls, but i think it also takes away some of the tension in fighter heavy missions (do i make my squad do one more bombing run and chance crawling back on fumes and risk losing them if pursued?). i think it will drastically change the dynamic in the Kadesh swarmer mission.

3) i think this is a good thing.

my collector's set will take at least a couple of weeks to get to me. i'm so itching to play, i'm tempted to buy a digital copy since i bought the set mainly for the mothership replica anyway

Guest davidwhangchoi

Homeworld looks cool. is it taxing to run it? i got a pretty powerful lappy but wanted to ask what specs you guys are using to run it decently.

Bloodborne comes out in a month

so i ended up preordering Bloodborne for ps4 after you mentioned it. looks promising.

Well, I did max everything out and it ran just fine... But then again, I do have a fairly beefy computer. Nothing fazes it too much.

I actually liked that research only took time. I felt that it was appropriate, as per the lore, resources are nothing more than atomized space dust, asteroids or nebula gasses. If you don't provide extra resources in every mission, you're going to run out of money pretty dang quick.

The main problem with the fighters breaking formation happens when they go to attack something. If you have a formation set, in the original, they would stay in that formation, and break it only to evade (or not at all with aggressive tactics). In the remaster, no matter what formation you have set, they'll break off into pairs as soon as they enter combat.

Been playing Shadow of the Colossus from the HD Remaster edition and I've been definetly noticing changes to the grip/balance of Wander from the PS2 version. I almost thoughtI had the game set on Hard at first, then did some research and found similiar comments. Beating Colossus #3 was a royal chore as I could not get settled almost at all in the stomach area with Wander flopping around like a wet noodle. Being on its head, if the colossus even twitches, Wander loses balance again. It's made killing them take a whole lot more time and added on frustration. I don't know if I'll even try the Time Attack.

Guest davidwhangchoi

anyone get any amiibos? last night was the first time i decided to get two, i picked up sonic and megaman. want to see what the craze is about.

Beat Homeworld Remastered last night. Despite the changes to the gameplay, it still holds up incredibly well. The last mission and conclusion were both massive punches to the feels. Of course, most of my fleet was... borrowed from the Taiidan Empire. It's not like they were going to use those ships!

I was surprised at how much of a firepower upgrade the heavy cruisers got. They literally will one shot just about anything short of a destroyer, and will kill destroyers in no time flat. Of course, I made every effort to steal as many as I could!

I have two Amiibos. Right now it's a virtual character you train and grow to fight. In other games they can add special abilities or skins. They are still new so the overall implementation of them within games is kind of scarce. Overall it's still fun to take my Amiibo to a friends place and let it destroy other ppl while I chill or rest between matches.

Edited by kanedaestes

Guest davidwhangchoi

i read this over at CAG and thought wow there's some crazy people:

redreflect, on 13 Mar 2015 - 4:49 PM, said:

snapback.png

I've been checking for Amiibos at the Wal-Mart near my work. I've posted in the past that they don't carry them at all. I still check every week (while running errands for work) in hopes that they might actually pop up, but they have never once carried them. When I ask the employees about them, I always get a response of "ah-mee-WHAT?!" I have checked toys, electronics, etc. Literally every aisle in the store.

Today I went to check like usual and there was this chubby drunk redneck dude stumbling around electronics. He looked around a little and, after a few minutes, started SCREAMING "where the f#@$ are the Amiibos?! Where are you guys hiding them? I WANT THE GODDAMN YELLOW MARIO!!!" (I guess he meant the Gold Mario?) Then he proceeded to slam his fists on the glass cabinets that hold the video games. After that he started knocking stuff into the floor. Eventually an employee came up to him and told him they were calling the cops. He stumbled off and yelled, "I'LL BE BACK FOR MY F*$#ING YELLOW MARIO!!!!" and left.

People are insane for these things.

Guest davidwhangchoi

waiting for ff type 0. Shoulda bought a replacement controller too hahaha

i was thinking of getting type 0, let me know how it is when you get it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Check out this upcoming indie 2D shooter AEROBAT !

it looks great. how do you find these shoot em ups? you seem to know these rare games like the one you posted they're releasing for dreamcast (and/or neogeo)

picked up devil may cry definitive edition while waiting for ff type 0.

i was thinking of getting type 0, let me know how it is when you get it.

To each his own, and I honestly hope you guys like it, but I think the fastest way for me to lose interest in a game is to slap Final Fantasy in the title. I loved the ones on the NES and SNES, and I liked the ones on the original PlayStation, but the last one I finished was X. Every Final Fantasy I've played since (that wasn't an awesome re-release, like the Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection on PSP) has ranged from "meh" to "this game is so awful I can't fathom how it got released in the first place).

alright guys I'm working on my video game mech panel for animeboston, and want to know if there's any video games you think are good, classics, guilty pleasures, or ground breaking that I should include.

what I got so far.

assault suits series

metal warriors

battletech games

first macross game and scrambled valk

first gundam game

front mission

thexder

musha aleste

Guest davidwhangchoi

alright guys I'm working on my video game mech panel for animeboston, and want to know if there's any video games you think are good, classics, guilty pleasures, or ground breaking that I should include.

what I got so far.

assault suits series

metal warriors

battletech games

first macross game and scrambled valk

first gundam game

front mission

thexder

musha aleste

what about vitual on B))