Anyone purchase 3 sets of same Valkyries?

potatotomato

Since most Valkyries come in 3 modes, just wondering if there's any hardcore folks here who purchase most 1/48 & 1/60 Chogokin Valkyries in set of 3's?

I'd imagine how great they look in a cabinet where top shelf you line up all the Jet modes, mid shelf you line up all the Gearwalk modes & bottom shelf Robot mode all aligned to each other.

If anyone happens to have such collection in such display, please show me.

For me i couldn't collect Macross stuff as:

1.They cost too much for me even for just 1.

2.Lack of space for both the toys & boxes.

3.Too many models & variants until i lost count.

I would imagine Transformer fans won't do this but Macross fans might simply because they look great in all modes.

Since most Valkyries come in 3 modes, just wondering if there's any hardcore folks here who purchase most 1/48 & 1/60 Chogokin Valkyries in set of 3's?

I'd imagine how great they look in a cabinet where top shelf you line up all the Jet modes, mid shelf you line up all the Gearwalk modes & bottom shelf Robot mode all aligned to each other.

If anyone happens to have such collection in such display, please show me.

For me i couldn't collect Macross stuff as:

1.They cost too much for me even for just 1.

2.Lack of space for both the toys & boxes.

3.Too many models & variants until i lost count.

I would imagine Transformer fans won't do this but Macross fans might simply because they look great in all modes.

yeah there are some guys who have bought multilples of the same thing.. The most I ever have of any one type is 3 so I can display them in all 3 modes together. Looks very cool!

I'd suggest going through the Display Collection thread instead of asking others to post their photos here.

+1 yes we don't need to start up another display thread..

well, there's over a hundred pages there, and i'm guessing if someone has such collection he'd be infamous here.

I know there are a load of pages to go through but it is rewarding to do so! There are plenty of cool things to see and some amazing collection displays! Have a good solid browse for an hour or two won't hurt..

Getting 6 armored parts for Ozma and Alto now must be super tough.

they usually preorder it first ....

there quite a few on here that does buy 3 or more of each.... i usually get 2 of each , same with my masterpiece transformers :)

I like having multiple modes displayed, but not of the exact same valk -- it looks too much like a catalog or advertisement. There are also some valks that I only care for 1 or 2 of the modes anyway, so I just pick my favorite and leave it as is. The YF-19 fighter mode is ok, gerwalk sucks, but I love battroid so its stays in that mode.

I have 3 of the Bandai VF-25s and 2 YF-30 Chronos. I would post pictures but I am out of town. I normally don't get multiples, with as many as I have it takes up too much space. I have to really, really like one to get more than one..

Personally not a fan of multiples, especially macross. I'm in it for the unique transformations and solid alt modes. I get enough mold fatigue from what ends up being the same figure with a different paint scheme and unique head. I did grab 2x on the Arcadia 19, and Ozma 25 reissue. More for that safe keeping after waiting so long. Gonna keep them MISB. I also find that sticking to 1 copy of each means if I want to display them in a different mode I have to actually transform them (which is the fun part, right?).

To each his own. I think having display's with 3x of a valk is awesome. Looks great, just not my speed.

I have select few multiples. Two VF-4's, because I never expected them to be made again. Two VF-25A Cannon Fodders. Two VF-30's, because I never exepcted them to make any other variants. Technically two VF-1J's, one bare and one (grey goggled) with the GBP Armor. Two VF-171 Alto's, didn't think they would come out with every 171 variant like they have. Two RVF-171, one with the Radome attached and another I could keep plain because I like the green stripes. Two VF-17D, because I didn't expect there would ever be a third variant and I like to have each type in one of three modes displayed if I can. And three VF-11C's, I never cared for the color of the B but I wanted an 11 in all three modes displayed.

Given the amount of space the collection now occupies I can't really justify all of the duplicates like I used to.

I have two VF-1J's one with white goggles and another with grey goggles with GBP. Three DYRL? cannon fodder VF-1A's, two Cavaliers, two VF-4G's, two 1/60 HDP Regults, and two VF-1S Roy Low Viz.

I plan to add three more VF-1A DYRL? cannon fodders 'cause I want to have 6.

Duplicates I have so far:

Arcadia YF-19 x2

Reason why is because I love to display one in Fighter mode with Fold Booster.

Yamato YF-21 x2

Reason is because I messed up the thigh area for transforming it so I decided to get another one for good price. The one with broken thigh will be displayed in Fighter mode with Fold Booster too.

VF-1J Hikaru x2 (Yamato & Arcadia)

Bought my first one (last Yamato release) before Arcadia announced that there will be a GBP set which I also preordered. Which I will probably paint the goggles grey. Not sure what to do with the first one so I'll probably displayed it in Battroid mode or if ever Arcadia decided not to release a MtF version, I'll customize it.

Have/Had duplicates of the following:

VF-1S TV

VF-1S Roy

VF-1S Hikaru

VF-1J Hikaru (had the TV Super set, the GBP-1S set, and the option parts 1J before I started my FS post)

VF-1A TV Mass Production

VF-1A Max DYRL

Angelbirds

Arcadia YF-19

VF-25F

VF-25S

VF-25G

Trying to trim down to a 1 per mold type collection though.

Edited by barurutor

Oh man I tried three times to write a reply and every time I closed the window or the content was not saved or whatever.... <_<

Short answer: no I'm not into buying multiple copies of each mode because this approach demands too much room and I'd like to keep my collection varied. Even Macross Museums like the ones form Kicker, Mom and Razerwire (from TFW205) look too cramped for my likings.

V2-Max-TV-1A-3.jpg

Through the power of photoshop I own multiples of every toy.

What? Not the same?

:lol: hehe! thats brilliant!

The main problem are the boxes, they are huge and take up much more space than the toy itself.

ah yes! I keep all the boxes for everything and im now desperately out of storage room! I find myself continuously re-arranging the boxes like a game of tetris in order to fit more and more stuff in but then it becomes a nightmare to dig something out and then put it all back.. <_< I have even taken photos so I can remember where it all goes again! :o:wacko:

Back in the day, I often purchased 3 or 4 or certain models, so that I could display one in each mode and have one as a spare in case of any breakage.

I've stopped buying multiples for quite a while and now I'm only buying singles and only of ones I really liked.

I've even stopped buying every release like I used to, I skipped the RVF-171, Arcasia VF-19Kai, the Percival and the VF-0D.

The only coming release that might tempt me to by two is the VF-2SS.

Graham

I have multiples of 1/48s but not display purposes but from the fear that they weren't going to release any more Macross toys for another 20 years and I wouldn't be able to fix any of them... I didn't want to hunt them down like I did the Takatokus. lol.

I have several multiples but to display as squadrons of what was seen in the show and to use as customs.

I would love to have 3 of each valk to display in every mode, but, too expensive, would take to much space and would defeat the purpose of a PT toy.

I do plan in the future to do this but with 1/72 Hase's.