Arcadia 1/60 VF-19 Custom Nekki Basara Special with Sound Booster

SaitouSad

I don't have a VF-19 Kai so this is a maybe. If it has the new intake/hip design as the new YF-19 and comes with a matte finish I will probably bite the bullet.

I'm a bit disappointed because there are other Valkyries that I would prefer.

DYRL VF-1S Max and VF-1A Kakizaki in Arcadia white, a VF-11C, a VF-4, Mirias VF-1J from M7.

Oh well maybe in the future but I don't have enough money to buy everything Arcadia releases that I'm not really to keen on to keep the company afloat until they release something I like. The VF-0D is already a pass for me and the VF-19K probably too.

[edit:] Just saw on the main page of MW that the Kai will be released this fall so I doubt they will redo anything compared to the Yamato release.

Edited by Scyla

Well, everyone tells me Mac7 is popular in Japan so I guess this makes sense... but wow, what an easy pass. I think the sound booster might have gotten hard to get but I'll bet you can still buy the Kai for less than MSRP out there. The sound booster was kinda lame. -

The booster was also on heavy discount, along with the Fire Valk right before Yamato went under.

Honestly, I hope they don't change the Fire valk any, because I think the way the intakes and wing glove pivots were on the old VF-19s is a better design than the YF-19. The way they made the wing gloves lock until you extend the pivot joint is really not a helpful feature when everything around it is already locked tight by all the tabs.

If they can pull off the opening intakes, while keeping the rest the same, bravo, but I'm not sure which parts would have to be redesigned/replaced.

Edited by Chronocidal

Well, everyone tells me Mac7 is popular in Japan so I guess this makes sense... but wow, what an easy pass. I think the sound booster might have gotten hard to get but I'll bet you can still buy the Kai for less than MSRP out there. The sound booster was kinda lame. -

With awesome songs by Yoshiki Fukuyama, it's easy to see why. I've attended a small concert with him and his Humming Bird band, and it was a real treat!

At first glance, I thought this was an old Yamato thread. I'm surprised a lot of members are dismissing the news. If this was just a simple bundle set, why would Arcadia not display the toy itself with a release date??? More importantly the "custom" word has me intrigued. I would definitely feel a little tweaking is in the works. Brand new pilot(s) shaped like the new Isamu and removable intakes should be an easy fix at the very least. I already own 2 sets but I just might get another if the changes are notable.

Got the Yamato version, easy pass for me, but I can't wait to see the outrageous price Arcadia tries to charge for the bundle, and the subsequent "OMG!!!" posts that result from it. LOL. The Fire Valk wasn't to bad back in the day, but the Sound Booster was craaaazy overpriced for what it was...not to mention over engineered.

EXO --

The one I broke was the Hi-Metal Sound Booster, so I really want THAT to get reissued.

Isamu Dyson--

I wouldn't read too much into the word "custom" -- it is just a translation of the "Kai" from VF-19Kai.

Yeah. A Basara custom this soon is confusing. And a Fire Valkyrie over the Zola Patrol VF-19P is even more confusing. I would love to see an update to the latter variant with a new Basara pilot and an extra Zola Pilot figure. It would also be interesting to see what Arcadia would pack in as extras to identify it more with Dynamite 7.

I guess I'll keep wishing on a star.

I have the Yamato Fire Valkyrie and Sound Booster too, so this is a pass. The upside is that Arcadia is doing repaints and I can patiently wait for them to risk the more unqiue 19 Valks.

Edited by technoblue

It's probably not that extreme.

In the arguably don't want category;

30th Anniversary VF-1J

VF-19 Kai Bundle

In the wanted category;

VF-1S Roy

VF-1S Hikaru

YF-19

VF-0D

Good for Arcadia if they want to re-release this with a bundle, and if it's the 20th anniversary of M7 then it does make sense to release this. Hell, it may even be a fairly limited release to mitigate any risk.

-b.

I'd put the Roy and Hikaru in the pile of re-issues we didn't really need, but some people who wanted a new VF-1 like them.

And I'm sure it was a low cost way to generate cash for the development of the 19, which is fine.

Not an M7 fan so easy pass for me.

I would have preordered the Hikaru rerelease if it had been a Strike. I opted for a used PLUS+ version instead since there has been no super parts rerelease announcement. In retrospect I'm glad it worked out the way it did since I prefer the Yamato DRYL color to the bright white that Arcadia used.

I think its probably a rerelease of the 19c, and sb, but some little extra like a updated basara pilot figure, or a mylene and basara (didn't they both sit in the 19 in one episode?), a updated speaker pod is nice...

Don't expect major change, hence short preannouncement (unlike the yf19 , which has been talked about for what over a year before release?)

Since I don't own one, I will still consider, but if its 300+......no way

Hard to find a reasonably priced sound booster these days.

I don't particularly like the 19c but I do like OT much better with the sb