Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

Oooooh! :blink: A-symetrical head design with larger lense and 2-seater cockpit! Me likey!! :) The face is kinda like the cameras on the RVF Ghosts. 5 bucks says that it'll be used in an Alto/Ranka tribute to the VF-1D a la Hikaru/Minmay*.

*Disclaimer - 5 bucks in this case classifies as a gentleman's bet, since I am broke and without regular employment. If I'm wrong, I suck and I'll be rather surprised. If I'm right, I win at life. Forever. In my own little world. Bwa ha ha ha ha!

Is that it's name? YF-25 Prophecy?

00103049.jpg

I like it.

I like the name too. Wow... looks interesting. Perhaps the N.U.N.S. (I see the NUNS logo on its left wing) YF-25 Prophecy will be the prototype of S.M.S.'s VF-25 Messiahs. Maybe at the begining of the movie Alto and Ranka will fly it instead of Gilliam's VF-25...

I like the name too. Wow... looks interesting. Perhaps the N.U.N.S. (I see the NUNS logo on its left wing) YF-25 Prophecy will be the prototype of S.M.S.'s VF-25 Messiahs. Maybe at the begining of the movie Alto and Ranka will fly it instead of Gilliam's VF-25...

Yeah the name is pretty cool.

Very much in keeping with the Messiah theme... B))

Okay, the YF-25 is interesting and all, but aren't we overlooking THE REAL PROBLEM?

I mean, we've got special decals for Alto, featuring either Sheryl or Ranka noseart. We've got decals for Ozma featuring Kathy noseart. Now we've got decals for Michael featuring Klan noseart...but something (or someONE) is still missing...

Do you see where I'm going with this...?

A DVD/BR of the Macross F concert tour is coming!

To promote it a screening andlive event will be held on Sept 27.

http://ftama.com/cinema_live/

Unfortunately Ill be on a business trip, but for anyone who didnt make the concerts, this is your chance! :-)

シェリル&ランカの「マクロスF」武道館ライブがBlu-ray化

http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20090811_308503.html

11月25日 BD マクロスF(フロンティア)ギャラクシーツアー

FINAL in ブドーカン 片面2層

2枚組

240分

16:9

1080i (1)ドルビーTrueHD 5.1ch

(2)リニアPCMステレオ BCXE-0216 8,190円

10月30日 DVD マクロスF(フロンティア)ギャラクシーツアー

FINAL in ブドーカン 片面2層

2枚組

本編約150分

16:9

(スクイーズ) (1)リニアPCMステレオ - 7,140円

Fire Bomber reunion concert... that reeks of awesome! Anyone up for going? If so, PM me.

Well, just got back from May'ns 2009 summer tour 'Love & Joy.'

Just like last month, I seemed to be the only Gaijin represetin' – for shame all you forum lurkers! I know a fair few of you are in Tokyo and its summer holidays for most of you (although not for me. I had to take a half day off). For shame! :-p Oh well, just think of me as your Hibiki Kanzaki in Tokyo when it comes to Macross-related events ;-)

post-9325-1250088410_thumb.jpg

It was a pretty good concert, although I would put last months Megumi Nakajima concert above it.

Basically it was an awesome concert if you were a May'n fan and an ok concert if all you were there for was the Macross stuff.

Unlike Nakajima, who, it seems, is being groomed into the modern face of all things Macross, May'n is striking out more and trying for her own solo career. While none of her non-anime songs are as good as her Macross/Kanno ones imo, some are still quite good. But with each concert tour she seems to be decreasing the amount of Macross songs she does. Having said this, she did a few really good versions tonight.

On the non-Macross side, she did two versions of May'n Space, a good version of Why? and an accoustic corner where she did Blue, Grand Piano and Glorious Heart to only an accoustic guitar. These versions of the songs were really nice and brought her vocals to the foreground where they really shone.

She also did not one, but THREE original/new songs tonight (none anime related). Two were from her upcoming album – X.Y.Z (yes, that is a song title) and Get Ready!. Both were kinda poppy and fun. The third one she wrote to commemorate her last teenage summer, since she will be turning 20 this October – way to make me feel old May'n! Called My Teens, My Tears, it was ok if a little forgettable.

post-9325-1250088482_thumb.jpg

While overall she spoke with the crowd a little less than Nakajima, she did talk at length about her love of Tai-yaki and how hard it is to get them during summer – especially this week because its technically summer vaccation and a lot of stores are closed or actually selling Tai-yaki cold instead of warm. There's even pics of Tai-yaki boardering some of the pages in the concert booklet. She does seem to love the stuff (dont mind it, but am not a huge fan of red pean paste personally^^;)

post-9325-1250088519_thumb.jpg

On the Macross side, she did pretty much every song I expected – What about my star , Welcome to my fanclub's night, Dont be late (awesome audience participaton) and a stunningly powerful version of Northern Cross. The best song of the night though, by far, was Diamond Crevasse. She saved it for the final song (actually the only song during the second encore). It started off with two verses to just a piano with a lead in guitar before pumping up to a more regular poppy version before dropping back down again, this time just her. But for the final verse she put the mic down and did it completely solo. The crowd went dead silent – you could hear a pin drop – and her voice reached all the way to the back of the hall. Pretty amazing!

post-9325-1250088600_thumb.jpg

I'd definately put this version on par with the Tanabata Sonic version with Yoko Kanno in July. It was that good and a brilliant way to end the concert imo since the overall ration of macross to non-macross songs was probably 30-70.

post-9325-1250088628_thumb.jpg

I'm can't wait to see what sort of duets and remixes we'll get ath the Macross Crossover Live in October.

Oh, and I've said it before, but if you want to experiance May'n live, doing lots of Macross songs as well, BUY the May'n Act DVD. Its a great mix of songs and good sales will hopefully result in more live recordings being released!

Couldnt take any pics inside the hall (they were extra strict – maybe word about the Tanabata Sonic bootleg has gotten around?) but Ive included some from before the concert.

post-9325-1250088680_thumb.jpg