Macross Trial Frontier for PS3

Dash

Hmm, why not order from Ami Ami? I'm pretty sure they're cheaper than everywhere else at 5,910 yen.

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=MED-DVD2-07843&template=default/product/e_display.html

My biggest concern with this game is that its going to handle like the psp games. I really hate the psp games because of the controls. I really wish they would copy the controls from the ps2 game made by Sega.

Shouldn't really be a problem, since both PSP games allowed configuring controls, didn't they?

Also, I'm curious why the developers didn't opt for the CG-styling of the series.

Edited by shiroikaze

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm.......so based on that new report, seems like the game is pretty short at only 12 missions. :(

Oh well, from the "Trial" in the title, I think we all kinda knew it wasn't gonna be a full game anyway.

I like how the article describes "new gameplay features like "anti missile actions" which let you shoot down incoming missiles, and the ability to free your fighter of armor whenever you like."

Hardly new features as these were already implemented in MUF!

Graham

I read at Gamefaqs that the Trial Frontier could be a complete port from the PSP game. If that is true then I will still try to get it if the Macross movie has english subs. I usually do not by 2 of the same games but if it means getting a nice game for my PS3 and enjoying the movie then that would be a nice investment.

Does anyone know if there will be english subs in the Macross movie that includes Trial Frontier?

I read at Gamefaqs that the Trial Frontier could be a complete port from the PSP game. If that is true then I will still try to get it if the Macross movie has english subs. I usually do not by 2 of the same games but if it means getting a nice game for my PS3 and enjoying the movie then that would be a nice investment.

Does anyone know if there will be english subs in the Macross movie that includes Trial Frontier?

I doubt very much that Trial Frontier will be a PSP port.

And no, the movie will not have English subs.

Graham

While not new footage (has been available online for a while), the promo movie for the Hybrid Pack/Macross Trial Frontier is up on the Japanese Playstation Network!

whats the music o n the promo for the movie? ive definitely heard it before. and thanks for the heads up!

renato, on psp

I doubt very much that Trial Frontier will be a PSP port.

Graham

I appreciate the info, that is disappointing because I so want to see the movie but it is hard to get a accurate English subs of animes now a days.

And I guess I will be buying a cable to connect my PSP to my HD so I can enjoy Ultimate Frontier in High Def.

I appreciate the info, that is disappointing because I so want to see the movie but it is hard to get a accurate English subs of animes now a days.

And I guess I will be buying a cable to connect my PSP to my HD so I can enjoy Ultimate Frontier in High Def.

I do not think that will result in the type of HD you think it will.

Graham

French, German, Spanish???? So much info can be placed on Blu-ray there no reason not to have some type of subtitles... Or is language being used as a barrier to stop "foreign" sales and distribution.

Edit: The lack of subtitles just increases the sales for the bootleggers that make subbed copies.

Edited by Fly4victory

French, German, Spanish???? So much info can be placed on Blu-ray there no reason not to have some type of subtitles... Or is language being used as a barrier to stop "foreign" sales and distribution.

Edit: The lack of subtitles just increases the sales for the bootleggers that make subbed copies.

Lack of subtitles has more to do with not spending money on external markets, and raising the value of a licensing fee for international distribution. Sucks, but that's how they do.

http://www.gametrail...ss-trial/705283

Sorry if this is a repost!

If you've already got a PS3, sign up for a Japanese PSN account, and you can download the trailer in HD directly to your PS3 form the Japanese playstation store.

It's a shame to hear that the game is just going to be a trial version with only 12 missions, i mean i was gonna jump all over this because i'm finding it hard to get a copy of Macross Ultimate Frontier. Seeing as though the Blu-ray won't even play for me because of different regions, i don't know if i wanna spend £50 for such a short game. I know it would be worth it though, because wow those screenshots.

Decision, decisions.

It's a shame to hear that the game is just going to be a trial version with only 12 missions, i mean i was gonna jump all over this because i'm finding it hard to get a copy of Macross Ultimate Frontier. Seeing as though the Blu-ray won't even play for me because of different regions, i don't know if i wanna spend £50 for such a short game. I know it would be worth it though, because wow those screenshots.

Decision, decisions.

There's still the chance that it could work in your region. Region coding is optional on Blu-ray.

Lack of subtitles has more to do with not spending money on external markets, and raising the value of a licensing fee for international distribution. Sucks, but that's how they do.

and even if they do have non-Japanese subtitles (Keith's given the reason why they don't), why presume that they would be one of the European languages? Money wise, the Korean, Taiwanese, Chinese markets are much larger.

For Japanese DVD releases that DO have non-Japanese subtitles (limited completely to imported English movies, of course), they have Korean/Chinese/Vietnamese subtitles in addition to the Japanese and English. French, German, Spanish? Wrong side of the world. Wrong side by half.

From my comments in another thread:

TRIAL FRONTIER - is basically the PSP game with a higher poly count and better textures. Same sounds and BGM are used. Even the control setup is the same. FAR too many loading screens - having said this, they have a warning screen at the beginning that its not a full game.

There are 6 missions and then 6 mirror versions of them played from the Vajra's perspective. Have SS ranked the human missions and did the first Vajra one. If you are familiar with the PSP games youll be right at home with this.

Its brief and shares all the issues of the PSP versions but it still looks pretty - especially the daylight (non space) levels.

And it allowed me to shoot Luca. In the FACE. Until he DIED...

.....worth the price of the disc alone right there.

AHaaa~~~

劇場アニメ前編+体験版第1弾 ←今ここ

↓

劇場アニメ後編+体験版第2弾

↓

劇場アニメ前編後編セット+体験版第3弾

↓

ゲーム完全版

ありえない、ありえない^^;

Is that official? If so, that's a longass time to wait for the full game, I was hoping it'd be perhaps only a few months away, not a full year. Though you do have to wonder what awesomeness they'd use a year to pack into it.

Glad to hear definite confirmation that the game uses a MUF type control scheme, which I think is great.

I think I'll wait for the full game though. That will give me longer to persuade my wife that I need a PS3.

I'm still hoping for a PSP sequel to MUF though. I have far more time to play handheld games while commuting than I do to play console games at home.

Graham

Glad to hear definite confirmation that the game uses a MUF type control scheme, which I think is great.

I think I'll wait for the full game though. That will give me longer to persuade my wife that I need a PS3.

I'm still hoping for a PSP sequel to MUF though. I have far more time to play handheld games while commuting than I do to play console games at home.

Graham

Agreed. And optimally, I'd love to see interconnectivity between a PS3 & PSP release. Specifically, being able to port stats back and forth That in addition to a PS3 multiplayer online function would make for an even more perfect game.

You can't save your game. Everytime you start it up you have to unlock everything (units, pilots, missions, etc.)...

Are you sure about that? Doesn't make sense to have trophies without letting you save your unlockables.

You can't save your game. Everytime you start it up you have to unlock everything (units, pilots, missions, etc.)...

Sounds about right for a trial game (if you treat it like a demo), but yeah it does sound quite strange where trophies are concerned.

Are you sure about that? Doesn't make sense to have trophies without letting you save your unlockables.

I've dug around my save folders looking for something, but the game doesn't create any sort of save file on your system, and there's no option to save your progress anywhere. It does remember your trophy accomplishments, though.