Yamato v2. 1/60 VF-1A Cavaliers

IXTL

I'm liking this one and will probably pick it up. They sure are taking their sweet time reissuing the DYRL VF-1S Focker with Strike Packs though. Maybe for the 30th of DYRL?

Anyhow, bring on the more obscure schemes!

YES!!! My prayers have been answered! Now all we need is a U.N. Headquarters Guard to complete the VF-1 canon list.

come on preorder!!! i really like the different colored schemes. I hope this spawns more of the unusual schemes, and even the non-canon ones, like maybe a Minmay Guard, moon and Paris act. DOOOOO IT!

Yes...

Yep, I'll take one too!

I would love to see an Enigma VF-1S color scheme

...and yes, please!

Edited by Old Man

Let's try this again. :ph34r:

On the text of this poster, it says GA Graphic beneath the price. Does this mean it's going to be an exclusive through them?

It just says that GA collaborated on it. No mention of exclusivity (yet). Although I personally don't realistically believe they will make very many.

Great for the TV series completists, but I'll probably pass on this. Doesn't do much for me. Too many VF-1 toys already and not enough space to display them all.

Graham

I'm the opposite -- This might be the one I DO get! I only own two v.2's: the VE-1 and the VF-1D. I'm really liking this scheme.

I'm the opposite -- This might be the one I DO get! I only own two v.2's: the VE-1 and the VF-1D. I'm really liking this scheme.

I have to agree. I have all the non-weathered v.2's, and although this was definitely on my wish list because I'm a completist, I'm liking this scheme probably better than any other v.2...go figure...

Edited by Old Man

I have to agree. I have all the non-weathered v.2's, and although this was definitely on my wish list because I'm a completist, I'm liking this scheme probably better than any other v.2...go figure...

Yeah, I'm not a scale-completist and so I'm very picky about my stuff. I have Hi-metal 1/100 versions of the 1S and 1J and I feel like they're enough. Even though I know that the v2 is a totally different toy, I still feel like I'm buying the same thing if I end up with ANOTHER Hikaru or Roy. And I have a 1/48 1J too, so that takes the 1/60 even further out of the realm of consideration.

THIS, on the other hand.... :)

Could a UN Spacey Headquarters green valk be next?

come on Yamato--where's the Alaska Base luv????

Now all we need is a U.N. Headquarters Guard to complete the VF-1 canon list.

What they said.

As for the Cavalier, I think it'll look pretty good next to my VF-X. B))

Just received Macross Ultimate Frontier for my PSP and was customizing my VF-1A to be close to this paint scheme and then I look here and it's gonna be released! Needless to say, I will have one! (Especially now that Hasbro just cancelled the final figures from the Transformers DOTM)

Just received Macross Ultimate Frontier for my PSP and was customizing my VF-1A to be close to this paint scheme and then I look here and it's gonna be released! Needless to say, I will have one! (Especially now that Hasbro just cancelled the final figures from the Transformers DOTM)

Way off topic, but I just ordered Macross Triangle Frontier, and was wondering if it allows Valk costomization as well.

P.S. I'm gonna have to get at least two of these. Way to go, Yamato!

I was thinking this would be a release on the scale of the Mass Production 1J. There weren't a lot of those made, and that was only in the series for a few seconds as well. The demand doesn't seem to be too hight for that particular valk, but they are hard to find. I wonder if this will be the same, or if it'll be one of those that's hardly made, and everyone wants one?

Is it just me or are they misinterpreting the shadow from the canopy as black paint? And why two stripes? And why stripes on both wings?

I don’t think they’re misinterpreting the shadow. If you look at the screen shot you’ll see the valk’s sitting just upon its shadow, so the canopy can’t cast its own back or forward –let aside back AND forward at the same time.

About the colour changes, it looks like it’s a GA interpretation and I’m sure Yamato have Mr Kawamori’s approval.