1/60 VF-1 Accessory Parts from Yamato displayed at Wonder Fest

Graham

Well, in some of the pre-order images at AmiAmi it even looks like the little No Step's on the wings are tampo'd, but if you look at the last photo there is nothing on the wing. It's hard to tell how much is new and will be there.

Boxes are cool and all but 5 min after I open it, I've forgotten all about it. If the Valk comes in a protective shoe box or not I don't care as long as it's intact. The Valk is going up on the shelf anyway.

Same. The only time a box is cool is if I am keeping one MISB. I have an extra Ozma renewal and a VF-1S TV Roy custom that I keep MISB, but that's it.

crossing fingers they will sell the accessory parts separately also. might as well cross my toes too.

I wouldn't stress it. I'm sure there is going to be a few people recasting these.

• 4 weeks later...

VF-1S TV version w/ option parts.

http://www.amiami.co...T-2324&page=top

VF-1S TV version w/ option parts.

http://www.amiami.co...T-2323&page=top

May release. I like that the side panels are white to match the rest of the valk.

May is going to be super expensive. I already have the Yf-29, a Figma, Revoltech, and now the TV VF-1S coming. That's over 26,000 yen before shipping. And that's just from Amiami.

Edited by pud333

Are these parts going to be standard with every new release and reissue now? The only thing I pre-ordered is the VF-1A Cavalier, and it would be lame if it didn't come with the "option" parts while still costing the same as the reissues...

I think these option parts are an attempt to double dip, or entice people to buy the old VF-1 valks who have yet to buy one. The Cavalier doesn't list the option parts, so I assume they don't come with them. The only reason why I am buying a VF-1S is because I've always wanted an extra one since Roy's is my favorite valk and I love the blue flightsuit. I was waiting for restock, but I don't mind paying a bit more for the option parts.

I think these option parts are an attempt to double dip, or entice people to buy the old VF-1 valks who have yet to buy one. The Cavalier doesn't list the option parts, so I assume they don't come with them. The only reason why I am buying a VF-1S is because I've always wanted an extra one since Roy's is my favorite valk and I love the blue flightsuit. I was waiting for restock, but I don't mind paying a bit more for the option parts.

Considering the price of the Cavalier is exactly the same as these new Valks with the special parts it's odd they wouldn't include them.

I actually wish they'd release these with the DYRL valks. I wouldn't mind having a TV Roy pilot figure, but I prefer to stay away from the bright white plastic if I can since it's so prone to yellowing.

Course, I've got plenty of VF-1s already, so it would probably take something really fancy to get me to buy more at this point. :p

As much as I want those optional parts, I just can't see myself buying yet another VF-1 I already own. If I were a first-time collector, I'd jump on the opportunity, but right now I've neither the budget nor the stamina to even consider buying more.

If they were DYRL versions with the strike packs though, I'd go for it.

Considering the price of the Cavalier is exactly the same as these new Valks with the special parts it's odd they wouldn't include them.

Not really - because they can re-release the Cavalier with option parts for even more someday...

This. The Cavalier will sell itself. I never put it past any company to attempt a double dip.

Isn't the price the same as it's always been, since day one? I was under the impression the option parts were "free" to begin with.

BTW, I'm 99% sure the Cavalier will not come with them.

They should go ahead and just tout these things as "No Option" parts since you basically have no option but to rebuy a valk you likely already own in order to get them. :wacko:

They also came with the unbuilt kits. So there is ONE other option.

Anyone has an exact release date for the VF-1D "renewal" ( since it's mid-month past 12 seconds and the status hasn't change ;) )?

Can't wait to put my greedy hands on this one.

Well I placed the order through amiami. Never used them before but don't feel like switching back to HLJ. Haven't heard anything bad about amiami. HLJ has never let me down. And I love fed ex through them. I get packages on the east coast in about 4 days. (once they're shipped)

I prefer HLJ. They offer a slightly smaller discount for preorders, but if you're shipping with EMS, it usually ends up being a tad bit cheaper than AmiAmi with their large shipping boxes. Plus, I prefer HLJ's customer service over AmiAmi's.

damn had not been paying attention to the VF-1 rereleases....no way i'm going to be able to track down a vf-1d + option parts now huh? i have a vf-1d, but would love to be able to display one in gerwalk mode too (arguably the most iconic moment fothe vf-1d was in this mode)....just checked amiami/hlj/anime export/toy-wave and they are all sold out on this preorder or don't list it. gah!!!

damn had not been paying attention to the VF-1 rereleases....no way i'm going to be able to track down a vf-1d + option parts now huh? i have a vf-1d, but would love to be able to display one in gerwalk mode too (arguably the most iconic moment fothe vf-1d was in this mode)....just checked amiami/hlj/anime export/toy-wave and they are all sold out on this preorder or don't list it. gah!!!

They've still got it at HK-Collectibles. I've ordered from them before and haven't had any issues getting my items.

Naturally I'm getting the 1D with Minmey and chairs. The 1S and 1J look fantastic - but my Hi Metal Bandai versions will have to do. I'm more interested in finally getting my hands on a VF-11C or something of that sort anyways :-)... but...yeah...looks like I'll be getting something in the 1/60 scale back on my shelf after all :-)

I just HOPE TO GOD THAT THE DAMN SHOULDER PANELS ARE FIXED! FIXED! FIXED!!

Pete

yah, know.

wonder if Yamato will re-issue the Focker Strike-1S with the accessories.

thought I remember it being the only valk that kinda featured the chairs in DYRL.

and Roy was wearing his greys with it, so the Focker TV-1S figure will not be out of place!

No helmet, tho.

edit:

heh! misremembered. Roy was wearing the dyrl-blues...

post-263-0-61006800-1334806979_thumb.jpg

post-263-0-32778400-1334806986_thumb.jpg

Edited by treatment