Bandai to release Star Wars Model kits

Guest davidwhangchoi

ok, guys for those curious about the insides of the 1/72 1/12 bandai kits, i stopped by Gundam Planet http://www.gundamplanet.com/ and asked if i can take some photos to put on MW, and they were great about opening stuff up.

here's a photos collage of the Star wars bandai 1/72 kits:

IMG_1492_zpsed2eba03.jpgIMG_1493_zpsebf854ca.jpgIMG_1494_zps128f7036.jpg

x-wing parts bags1-3:

IMG_1496_zps3b425e0b.jpgIMG_1498_zps72e57362.jpgIMG_1497_zpscfe90f25.jpg

vader's tie part bags:

top:

IMG_1502_zps712d54d5.jpg

1st parts bag:

IMG_1499_zps10e07611.jpg

middle parts bag:

IMG_1501_zpse7c95132.jpg

bottom parts and instruction booklet:

IMG_1500_zps3b6d31cb.jpg

1/12 Vader figure:

IMG_1503_zps1e7d66d3.jpgIMG_1504_zpsd3881e75.jpgIMG_1505_zpsd226d9de.jpgIMG_1506_zpsea5c1508.jpgIMG_1507_zps6f71cac2.jpg

1/12 Storm trooper;

Only has 2 bags:

top:

IMG_1509_zps0d4c0cf5.jpg

bottom:

IMG_1510_zps2c70c46a.jpg

booklet cover:

IMG_1511_zps0e058b5a.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

KInda disapointed the X-wing kits were not completely pre-coloured.

I would have loved a detailed X-wing kit I could have just snapped together that looked good, that didn't require painting.

Weren't the old Bandai Star Trek kits completely pre-coloured?

Graham

Guest davidwhangchoi

Ahh NJ were dreams get destroyed under the clouds of the refineries and factories.

yeah that's central jersey, i live away from that in northern jersey, Dobber lived in a really clean suburb area.

KInda disapointed the X-wing kits were not completely pre-coloured.

I would have loved a detailed X-wing kit I could have just snapped together that looked good, that didn't require painting.

i thought they were like the gundam Real Grade kits fully colored, so i was excited and was about to buy a bunch until i opened the lids. good thing i didn't order from hlj and waited till i saw what's inside. i'm still going to wait till they get the star destroyer and check that out...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

yeah that's central jersey, i live away from that in northern jersey, Dobber lived in a really clean suburb area.

Yup, I remember when I was growing up, there was this big push to split the state since South Jersey is mostly Pine Barrens and farm land. We didn't want the stigma any more lol!

Chris

Wow! Cool pics & impressive store! That x-wing looks good though system-injection, multi-colored parts would've raised the price. They can always do the MG/PG/RG treatment if there's enough demand & they wanted a different price point.

Thanks for posting! :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

Wow! Cool pics & impressive store! That x-wing looks good though system-injection, multi-colored parts would've raised the price. They can always do the MG/PG/RG treatment if there's enough demand & they wanted a different price point.

Thanks for posting! :)

i'll post up more pics when more kits come out.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Regarding the stormtrooper kit, are all the black bits that should be black actually black?

I mean like the eye lenses, mouth vents etc.

Or do they need painting?

Graham

most everything is black parts except the mouth vents which is a sticker.

storm trooper build process and stickers.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

"Y" as in yes! y-wing something cool to look forward to. i'm curious about the 1/48 x-wing as well.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 2 weeks later...

taken from hobby search, a machine translation

- Star Wars three-dimensional in 1/48 scale the X-wing starfighter that Luke Skywalker was boarding in [Episode 4]! Both wings of the deployment and operation sound is a feature of the X-wing starfighter by an electric, engine nozzle emission. Reproduces the emission and discharge sound of proton torpedo mouth!

- Button both wings is the biggest feature of the X-wing starfighter can open and close with the in the play similar operation sound by the operation. Console in the cockpit emission in LED.
- Reproduced in emission and sound the proton torpedo] launch of the Death Star attack in the play.
- Emission engine nozzle is in the LED in the same way the image in the play.
- Pre-assembled mechanical BOX is included.
- Can be various operations on a dedicated stand.
- Various parts are color-coded, such as fine lines can be reproduced in marking seal (water transcription and Tetoron seal).
- The same scale of pilot (seated type upright type) and R2-D2 is included.

- Accessories: Stand, assembled radio box, 1/48 pilot figure × 2 (seated, upright), 1/48 R2-D2 fuselage mounting head parts, 1/48 R2-D2 figure, canopy (frame & Clear parts, clear parts), landing legs

Been waiting for a 1/48th scale X-Wing, although I'm not a fan of electronics--at least it's all pre-assembled. Passed on the 1/72 ones because they were on the smallish side.

All things considered, the price isn't that bad. Pretty sure they could have lowered the price without the "radio box" and whatnot, though.

I got my fill of sound effects and motorized nonsense on that old pro-shop x-wing disaster. I just want the plastic, at half that price, which is what I paid for my pair of Fine Molds kits.

Now, if they could make a 1/32 version that crams all the electronic crap inside the model, I'd probably bite. This would just be one more 1/48th version, complete with a typically huge and unwieldly Bandai stand that my shelf has no space for.

Edited by Chronocidal

• 2 weeks later...