Updating the Models Section

Myersjessee

I wrote this in another thread, but I don't think people saw it. Starting with 1/72 scale....here we go (after this I still need to cover all the other scale items....Lets start making lists and getting volunteers! )

Just wanted everyone to know I have started working on redoing the models section in MW. It's still in the works, but Ill be looking for people who have some of the rarer kits who would be interested in helping us post content. For each kit I'd like to post:

1 Cover art (high res)

2 Instructions (complete)

3 Decals (high res)

4 Kit (pieces)

5 Completed kit photos (by MW members and particuarly well done ones from magazines (if we can...not sure on this...copyright and all))

6 Feedback/Reviews (looking for more of the Amazon 1 Paragraph here)

So...

A) how does this sound?

B) I'm going to need help. Starting with the 1/72 scale lists I need a lot. If you have any of the items below and would be willing to scan the above items, or you have finished one and would be willing to share pictures please drop me a PM and Ill start a running list of what we need/have. I'm hoping to finish a couple sections a week. THANKS ALL!

I need: (may need more, but off the top of my head I don't have)

3 Bad Men in a Hidden Fortress 1/72 VF-1A/J Battroid Valkyrie

3 Bad Men in a Hidden Fortress 1/72 VF-1S Battroid Valkyrie

ClubM 1/72 VF11 special WF edition - Grayson72

Corydoras Works 1/72 Resin Super/Strike Armor for Imai/Bandai VF-1 variable Valkyrie - Grayson72

Dolly 1/72 Resin Super/Strike Armor for Imai/Bandai VF-1 variable Valkyrie

EBO 1/72 Ghost X-9 (need box art, I have the kit) - Grayson72

EBO 1/72 Ghost X-9 with FAST Packs

Giga 1/72 YF-19 Sound Booster Unit for use with the Hasegawa YF-19 - Grayson72

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1A "Low Visibility" Fighter Valkyrie

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1A "Clear Red" Fighter Valkyrie

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1A "Clear Red Event Only" Fighter Valkyrie

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1J "Clear Blue" Fighter Valkyrie

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1J "Clear Blue Event Only" Fighter Valkyrie

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1S "Clear Green" Fighter Valkyrie

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1S "Clear Green Event Only" Fighter Valkyrie

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1S "Metal Plated" Fighter Valkyrie, Limited Edition

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1(A/J/S) "Clear/Clear Event Only" Fighter Valkyrie

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1(A/S) "Metal Plated" Strike Fighter Valkyrie

Hasegawa 1/72 Mig-29 Fighter

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1 Valkyrie Photo-Etched Detail Set

Hasegawa 1/72 Macross Option Decal #01 "Macross Plus Designs"

Hasegawa 1/72 Macross Option Decal #02 "Character Model Designs"

Hasegawa 1/72 Macross Option Decal #03 "Minmay Guard Version 1"

Hasegawa 1/72 Macross Option Decal #04 "Minmay Guard Version 2"

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1(A/J/S) Battroid Valkyrie Upgrade Parts

Gokigen-Seimitsu 1/72 Hasegawa Related Upgrades/Conversions (VF-19F Conversion Wings)/Accessories/etc. - Grayson72

Hobby Base/Retpuu 1/72 VF-11B "Thunderbolt" Battroid Valkyrie

IHP 1/72 "Transformable Hasegawa VF-1" Conversion Kit

IHP 1/72 VF-4G "Lightning III" Variable Valkyrie

Kaiyodo 1/72 VF-1S Battroid Valkyrie

Kantogakuindaigaku-Mokeidourakukai 1/72 YF-19 Battroid Valkyrie - Grayson72

Karakorum Creations 1/72 Resin Super/Strike Armor for Imai/Bandai VF-1 variable Valkyrie

Karakorum Creations 1/72 Zentradi Fighter Pod

L-Trans-R 1/72 YF-19 Variable Valkyrie

Musasiya 1/72 VF-4 "Lightning III" Fighter Valkyrie (need box art)

Patemori Soba 1/72 Destroid Defender

Patemori Soba 1/72 Destroid Tomahawk

Patemori Soba 1/72 Destroid Spartan

Patemori Soba 1/72 Destroid Monster - Grayson72

Super Robot Wars 1/72 VF-1A/J Version A (kneeling)

Super Robot Wars 1/72 VF-1S/J Version B (standing)

UN-Balance 1/72 Fold Booster for use with Hasegawa YF-19 - Grayson72

Wave 1/72 VF-19 Fire Battroid Valkyrie

Wave 1/72 VF-19 Fire Battroid Valkyrie Reissue

Wave 1/72 VF-19 Blazer Battroid Valkyrie

Wave 1/72 VF-19 "Sound Force" Battroid Valkyrie

Wave 1/72 VF-17 Stealth Battroid Valkyrie

Wave 1/72 VF-17 Stealth Battroid Valkyrie Reissue

Wave 1/72 VF-22-S Battroid Valkyrie

So...if you can help reply back to this thread and Ill start updating this thread and email off instructions. Please don't post all the pictures here, Ill have you email them.

THanks again! By the time we are done I intend to have EVERY model in existance! MUHAHAHAHHAHA

I think we need help from the experts...

Wheres Carl or Chad when you need them? ;)

Awe shucks I've gone bright red :lol:

I'll start by signing up for one's that may be on the more rare side.

Corydoras Works 1/72 Resin Super/Strike Armor for Imai/Bandai VF-1 variable Valkyrie

EBO 1/72 Ghost X-9 (need box art, I have the kit)

Giga 1/72 YF-19 Sound Booster Unit for use with the Hasegawa YF-19

Gokigen-Seimitsu 1/72 Hasegawa Related Upgrades/Conversions (VF-19F Conversion Wings)/Accessories/etc.

Kantogakuindaigaku-Mokeidourakukai 1/72 YF-19 Battroid Valkyrie

Patemori Soba 1/72 Destroid Monster, will the recast do?

UN-Balance 1/72 Fold Booster for use with Hasegawa YF-19

Recast will at least show us kit pictures, but I'd love to see original box art, decals, and instructions if they exist.

This is a good start..but come on people...I need more. Step up to the plate. Ill even list your names as a thanks for the pics..how can you beat that? Enshrined in Macrossworld infamy!

actually Jesse, I was looking a bit back, and there are some pics missing in the Nichima (sp) 1/200 kits for box tops i think, and I have a bunch of them.... I also have a scanner, but I;m kinda busy so if you figure out if some of the pics are misisng, let me know and I will hook you up with what I can.

There are a lot of pics already...and I'm going through what I can to figure out whats missing...which is why Ill probably take it one vendor at a time and which is why I have not listed all the old standbyes...ARII, IMAI, Bandai etc yet..I know we have alot) But, I do want more data then we have for some. All the box covers, and high res scans of the box art, instructions, kits, decals, etc. Start thinking about what you have that we are missing. Also...what model companies am I missing? (thanks in advance)

3 Bad Men in a Hidden Fortress

ANGRY MONKEY MODELS

Area-Tanmen UNCM (Uncontemporary Modeling)

ARII

B-CLUB

BANDAI

Betch

BOOTLEGS (I'd like to rename this "remarkets" or something and list BlackAces 1/48 and other high quality repros)

Corydoras Works

CLUB-M

D'Stance

Dolly

EBO

Fuhmon-VF-koubou

G-Port

Giga

Gokigen-Seimitsu

HASEGAWA

HOBBY BASE RETPPU

IHP

IMAI

KAIYODO

Kantogakuindaigaku-Mokeidourakukai

Karakorum Creations

L-Trans-R

MUSASIYA

NICHIMO

ORANGE COLLECTION

Patemori Soba

Platz

SAMURAI MONKEY MODELS

STUDIO HALF-EYE

Super Robot Wars

Switchblade

TAKATOKU

TECT

TSUKUDA

UN-BALANCE

WAVE

YELLOW SUBMARINE

WONDER FESTIVAL ( a general all around title for small shops and kits we only know as appearing there)

Okay.... I've got a ton of the 2000-2001 reissues of the Nichimo...

I've got the box, parts, directions, and some completed kits for almsot all of the valks and the regular battlepod. I can get an actual list and some of them to you tommrrow. How would you like them?

Recast will at least show us kit pictures, but I'd love to see original box art, decals, and instructions if they exist.

This is a good start..but come on people...I need more. Step up to the plate. Ill even list your names as a thanks for the pics..how can you beat that? Enshrined in Macrossworld infamy!

ok ok I'll do these too.

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1 Valkyrie Photo-Etched Detail Set

Hasegawa 1/72 Macross Option Decal #01 "Macross Plus Designs"

Hasegawa 1/72 Macross Option Decal #02 "Character Model Designs"

Hasegawa 1/72 Macross Option Decal #03 "Minmay Guard Version 1"

Hey if you want the photo etch set then I should prolly send pics of the canopy mask sets for the VF-1 & VF-1D Hasegawas kits

Prometheum - perfect. For now, just start by making a list of what you have and posting it here. Ill compare with what we have and you can start scanning the missing or low res stuff right away. When its ready Ill send you my email.

Grayson - perfect...and the canopy masks would be great too!

THANKS!

I'm more then happy to help. I've now got a new personal email address. It's choff at bellsouth dot net. However I've been very busy with work since the first of the year and I think it's likely to stay that way for a while. So I'll be a little slow. Just let me know what you want and I can try to photograph a few kits each weekend or something.

Carl

D'Stance instructions are here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=92

And no I don't have this kit. Atleast not yet.

Edited by wwwmwww

Do you or will you have access to pictures that were posted in the old forums?

3 Bad Men in a Hidden Fortress had a GREAT web page with some stunning pictures of their completed kits. I've lost the links and the pictures so it might be possible their web page is still out there. I believe the link and maybe even some of those pictures were posted in the old forums.

Carl

Do you or will you have access to pictures that were posted in the old forums?

3 Bad Men in a Hidden Fortress had a GREAT web page with some stunning pictures of their completed kits. I've lost the links and the pictures so it might be possible their web page is still out there. I believe the link and maybe even some of those pictures were posted in the old forums.

Carl

I would love to see the 3 Bad Man kits. I heard so many great things about them but have never seen them or even know anything about it other than the fact that they made some great VF-1 battroids. :o

I'm more then happy to help. I've now got a new personal email address. It's choff at bellsouth dot net. However I've been very busy with work since the first of the year and I think it's likely to stay that way for a while. So I'll be a little slow. Just let me know what you want and I can try to photograph a few kits each weekend or something.

Carl

Good to see youre working at least. :)

...and good to see you still have time for us MWers. ;)

hey jesse,

Here is something missing from the Models section its from the Bandi Vf-1A super Reissue back in 84 I think this is from. This is Card #8 This is just tip of the iceberg of all the stuff I have

Vf-1A.JPG

Vf-1A%20back.JPG

Ranger565

Thanks Ranger565. Great news. Ill PM you my email. Just start scanning stuff and sending me pics and list what your covering here. Thanks!

I atually got a very rare recast of the Three Bad Men VF-1S battroid and it looks fab B)) The style is different than of the Bandai or Hase kits!

Cool... that may be more rare then the original. I've seen several originals but to be honest I don't think I've ever seen this kit recasted. I'd love to see what you got. Could you post a pic?

Carl

I atually got a very rare recast of the Three Bad Men VF-1S battroid and it looks fab  B))  The style is different than of the Bandai or Hase kits!

Cool... that may be more rare then the original. I've seen several originals but to be honest I don't think I've ever seen this kit recasted. I'd love to see what you got. Could you post a pic?

Carl

Carl, do you or actually... anyone here have a picture of it built?

Ever since it was mentioned sometime ago I've been looking for information on but have found none. Could anyone describe it? Is it fixed posed? :huh:

Can someone please post pics of these kits?

Thanks

I thought I had pictures of mine posted here somewhere but I don't see them now. What you really want to see if the pictures of their completed kits. They had a dozen GREAT pictures on their web page which I had saved at one point but when I lost my last job I lost access to those pictures and the link to their home page which is probably gone by now but if one had the old link it might still be possible to find the pics in the internet archive. I know the link was posted in the old forums but I think Shawn is the only one with access to them at the moment and he's got very little free time so it's anyone guess when or if he'll have a chance to look for it. Till then I'll take a pic of mine to post. Give me 15 minutes. I think I know where they are at so this shouldn't take too long.

Carl