DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Guest davidwhangchoi

yeah guys, please put a placeholder on this page to help others to avoid pre-ordering from play asia in the future, as they're not reliable. i tried warning about this site as this happens often where you money is held and there's no stock.

The other threads on MW in the past the same thing happened when ordering some hard to find valks. but i'm glad no one put all their eggs in this place and had plenty of back ups in place. so there's no disappointment.

(i said i'd laugh but i posted so many nasty posts today towards someone so i'm going to chill, i was admittedly being a prick towards someone lol)

i hope at least one of you on play asia gets one.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I think beyond maybe the first few minutes of PA's pre-orders being up, we all knew that there was no way they would be able to secure enough for the number of days they had their pre-orders open. Even if they didn't intend to deceive or cheat anyone, they were kidding themselves if they thought they could fill even a fraction of the orders they must have received over so many days.

Yeah those late orders aren't likely gonna get fulfilled. I'm exspecting the really early orders to get theirs though. Long shot as it may be...it may be nice to have one more avenue if you're one of the lucky early PA orders.

Edited by xrentonx

Guest davidwhangchoi

I don't think all is lost with PA, since there are a few people who landed one. I'd just put them on the unlikely list if we have one of those.

thanks for being cool and trying to be polite on the other thread,

i must've missed it, i looked back a couple of pages, did someone actually get one from play asia?

I might be mistaken on that...I see a lot of Order Processing statuses :(

Edit: I just want one more store I might luck out on future orders. Bandai's recent surprises are a blessing and a curse!

Edited by xrentonx

I don't think all is lost with PA, since there are a few people who landed one. I'd just put them on the unlikely list if we have one of those.

Did some managed to get from PA? I haven't read every single post but from those that I have read, it seems everyones in stuck in process at the moment.

I might be mistaken on that...I see a lot of Order Processing statuses :(

thanks for being cool and trying to be polite on the other thread,

i must've missed it, i looked back a couple of pages, did someone actually get one from play asia?

That's all I have. Well, that and a sizable hold on my credit card. But I still refuse to pay N-Y prices (David, you and I have had plenty of PM's concerning my thoughts on that).

But I'm in the camp that I will not pay an over-inflated price for something that just came out a week ago. I'll either pay below, at, or slightly above retail or will go without another 25S. No skin off of my nose if Bandai won't produce enough for everyone to buy without losing sleep or over-spending.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

That's all I have. Well, that and a sizable hold on my credit card. But I still refuse to pay N-Y prices (David, you and I have had plenty of PM's concerning my thoughts on that).

But I'm in the camp that I will not pay an over-inflated price for something that just came out a week ago. I'll either pay below, at, or slightly above retail or will go without another 25S. No skin off of my nose if Bandai won't produce enough for everyone to buy without losing sleep or over-spending.

-b.

yeah, agree no inflated prices for me either.

Ok, after HLJ telling me that they are not getting anymore and that they will cancel my order, I got payment requests last night. If you still have your order and still want it, don't cancel it especially if you got your order in early as I did.

Hah. I too did send an email inquiring and they said the same thing.

Just checked my mail and I've got a payment request too. Hopefully they'll be able to fulfil everyone's here. :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

In terms of Play Asia, i called the customer support international number a while back and they explained to me that they don't have any real time inventory but just call the company such as bandai for stock to order and if they are able to order it, they'll put order processing. but will wait automatically a few weeks while my funds will be stuck until several times of failed attempts to order then it's finally cancelled.

Generally this model of business works for wide avail goods but not really reliable for limited items. They are sorta like overstock.com.

i don't think they get specific amounts of pre-order allocated to them. but if ozma has a sizable overstock there's a slight chance play asia will come through.

In terms of Play Asia, i called the customer support international number a while back and they explained to me that they don't have any real time inventory but just call the company such as bandai for stock to order and if they are able to order it, they'll put order processing. but will wait automatically a few weeks while my funds will be stuck until several times of failed attempts to order then it's finally cancelled.

Generally this model of business works for wide avail goods but not really reliable for limited items. They are sorta like overstock.com.

i don't think they get specific amounts of pre-order allocated to them. but if ozma has a sizable overstock there's a slight chance play asia will come through.

I still through up a post on the blacklist, it's not a very smart business operation.

It's unnerving they take payment without goods. Even NY and HLJ won't ask for payment

unless the specifically have your item on hand.

*they are canceling the order, I don't think they even have faith that they will get anymore.*

Funny how "no cancelations" can get canceled when you add "dispute" somewhere in the email.

Don't take my money, if you don't have product to send me!!

Edited by skullmilitia

Thanks for sharing this. I didn't know that NY actually was buying stock from other retailers in Japan. Kind of reminds me of when I was buying some jade jewelry from a store in Yangon. The stall I was buying from didn't have enough stock, but told me to wait. They went to another stall and got some of their stock and sold it to me. I guess this is a normal thing in business. :-)

Oh, and please don't misunderstand me. I'm not bashing NY at all. In fact, I get most of my toys from them! :) I used to order regularly from HLJ, but it seems that as far as having stock of the latest releases go, NY has an edge over them nowadays. I thank MW because it was here that I found out about NY.

The others do have a point about NY's prices though. They tend to mark-up very quickly depending on the demand. But that's just the nature of business. No need to get personal about it right? It would be quite hypocritical for a collector like me to accuse others of greed when the very nature of collecting involves the desire for the (never-ending) accumulation of what can be generally classified as material wealth. ^_^

No worries, man. I was just trying to clear up some misconceptions about NY. Granted, they're not the most popular store among the MW members because of their pricing policy, but one cannot deny that they're reliable.

Personally, I'm fine doing business with them. It's basically a more than fair trade-off for me. It's easier for me to recover the extra money spent on NY rather than the time, effort and possible grief trying to secure a hard to find item myself. And there's no guarantee that I'll be able to find the item on my own, so that effort may even go to waste. It's even icing on the cake that you can get web exclusives item from them, something that most online stores do not offer.

Edited by ArchieNov

I am doing mine after HLJ release their Black Friday sale just incase if there is anything I would like to pick up on top of it.

Hah. Thanks for reminding me. Forgot that Black Friday's tomorrow. Intended to get some stuff together with this too and I already ordered it even. Cancelled and shall just wait till tomorrow. :p

No worries, man. I was just trying to clear up some misconceptions about NY. Granted, they're not the most popular store among the MW members because of their pricing policy, but one cannot deny that they're reliable.

Personally, I'm fine doing business with them. It's basically a more than fair trade-off for me. It's easier for me to recover the extra money spent on NY rather than the time, effort and possible grief trying to secure a hard to find item myself. And there's no guarantee that I'll be able to find the item on my own, so that effort may even go to waste. It's even icing on the cake that you can get web exclusives item from them, something that most online stores do not offer.

I feel the exact same way about NY. I buy from them because I will get the item. I'll pay a little extra to get it vs running around trying to save 20 or 30 dollars.

I paid up front for both of my Ozmas at the time (AE and CDJ). I don't mind paying up front if a store has a track record of getting me my stuff. I hope PA pulls through for you guys. I buy games and CDs from them...but never had any experience buying Valks from them.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I still through up a post on the blacklist, it's not a very smart business operation.

It's unnerving they take payment without goods. Even NY and HLJ won't ask for payment

unless the specifically have your item on hand.

*they are canceling the order, I don't think they even have faith that they will get anymore.*

Funny how "no cancelations" can get canceled when you add "dispute" somewhere in the email.

Don't take my money, if you don't have product to send me!!

i saw that in the sales thread :)

hopefully one person's order at least goes through.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

After all these depressing P-A news, I some how ended getting a VF-25S from Anime-export. I was paying for my MP BumbleBee preorder's shipping and saw they have VF-25S in stock. Limit 1 per

http://www.anime-export.com/product/22863

17800 yen

Gone now (sold out when I just looked). I wouldn't be surprised if the 25S shows up for brief moments at AmiAmi and/or Hobby Search. Not holding out hope for HLJ until they're able to fulfill all of the orders they initially took.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Gone now (sold out when I just looked). I wouldn't be surprised if the 25S shows up for brief moments at AmiAmi and/or Hobby Search. Not holding out hope for HLJ until they're able to fulfill all of the orders they initially took.

-b.

i got an email alert from my phone for hlj.

but it was for mp bumble bee :(

happy thanksgiving b!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i got an email alert from my phone for hlj.

but it was for mp bumble bee :(

happy thanksgiving b!

Yep, same payment request from HLJ for MP Bee as well.

Happy Thanksgiving - I'm grateful for all of these awesome toys and really cool folks to talk to about them!

For those that have gotten their VF-25S, what are your thoughts on it? Are the joints tight, like the VF-25A?

For real - great question. Inquiring minds would like to know.

-b.