Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross

Save

I can take $400. If I had some assurance that we'd see the TV version I'd wait for that though, to be honest.

Am I correct in seeing the date as 12/2010?

I will say the enjoyable thing about the DYRL version is every time I see it the beginning of "Everlasting Love" plays in my head.

Edited by hutch

Just in time for Christmas! Should prove to be a nice platform to paint and detail up - how long will this be now?

Gotta start saving! (more like hiding away... food from my daughter's mouth;-)

Just in time for Christmas! Should prove to be a nice platform to paint and detail up - how long will this be now?

Gotta start saving! (more like hiding away... food from my daughter's mouth;-)

I think its 400 mm long in ship mode, or a bit longer than 15 inches .

Edited by Funkenstein

No this one is 40 cm long. Ship spec here: http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossdyrl/macross-dyrl.htm - 1210m / 3000 ~= 40cm

Yamato also have an estimated box size: 250mm×500mm×250mm

My prediction on scale and price was so close :lol:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=32020&st=140&p=847530entry847530

Edited by CF18

looks good but not enough i think is a little overpriced and i really hope that pics are from the prototype because the paint job is poor and the worst part are the head i cant see crystal visor and the antennas seems to be chunky

Yeah, I noticed that same detail. I hope the paint job is better on the production model cuz that bridge looks like a 5 year old painted it.

On price - remember there are stores that routinely give 15% to 20% discount to Yamato products, e.g. HobbySearch, AmiAmi and anime-export, which is significant for the high base price. 19% off at AmiAmi will bring it down to US$320 before shipping. Japanese government have been trying to keep yen from rising so who knows what will happen in 3 months. I am just glad it is not another web-shop limited.

Historically many Yamato big items go into deep discount after a year or two at HLJ and a few other places. The Votoms and Garlands were going for >50% off, the Patlabors are at 40-50% off. All Sv-51 reached 50% off and the Nora still has 60% off at HLJ. However I doubt this SDF-1 will get deeply discounted unless it turned out to be broken like the Garlands, but with a proven 1:2000 prototype it shouldn't happen. Also this SDF-1 will be the only painted SDF-1 in the market for a long while, unlike the Votoms and Patlabors.

Shipping cost shouldn't be too bad. This SOC GX-46 is closest in volume and in length, so a EMS cost of 6000yen is probable for US/Canada shipping. The box is not crazy big - it's smaller than some Perfect Grade models.

On variant - I would expect a web-limited weathering version later, and may be a heavy battle damage version like at the end of the movie. TV version is tricky since there are significant difference between the DYRL and TV SDF-1, and Yamato know their customers will not drop another 30k+ yen if they simply repaint it and replace the ARMDs.

forgive me if sound repetitive but more the paint job that worried more is the low detail in comparision with the bigger version because i remember that yamato said that will be the same only in a small scale but al least on the head look a big diference and quality on sculp <_<

post-3872-128405266004_thumb.jpg

forgive me if sound repetitive but more the paint job that worried more is the low detail in comparision with the bigger version because i remember that yamato said that will be the same only in a small scale but al least on the head look a big diference and quality on sculp <_<

Yeah, I expected to re-build the antenna array from stretched sprue... but the superstructure itself is a bit disappointing - kind of looks like a melted ghaspon. If anyone has seen the level of mold detail on the 1/350 Bandai Yamato crew members - you'd know exactly what is possible to mass manufacture in really tiny details. Here's to hoping that the production version will be crisper. How big would this piece be anyways?

On price - remember there are stores that routinely give 15% to 20% discount to Yamato products, e.g. HobbySearch, AmiAmi and anime-export, which is significant for the high base price. 19% off at AmiAmi will bring it down to US$320 before shipping. Japanese government have been trying to keep yen from rising so who knows what will happen in 3 months. I am just glad it is not another web-shop limited.

Historically many Yamato big items go into deep discount after a year or two at HLJ and a few other places. The Votoms and Garlands were going for >50% off, the Patlabors are at 40-50% off. All Sv-51 reached 50% off and the Nora still has 60% off at HLJ. However I doubt this SDF-1 will get deeply discounted unless it turned out to be broken like the Garlands, but with a proven 1:2000 prototype it shouldn't happen. Also this SDF-1 will be the only painted SDF-1 in the market for a long while, unlike the Votoms and Patlabors.

Shipping cost shouldn't be too bad. This SOC GX-46 is closest in volume and in length, so a EMS cost of 6000yen is probable for US/Canada shipping. The box is not crazy big - it's smaller than some Perfect Grade models.

On variant - I would expect a web-limited weathering version later, and may be a heavy battle damage version like at the end of the movie. TV version is tricky since there are significant difference between the DYRL and TV SDF-1, and Yamato know their customers will not drop another 30k+ yen if they simply repaint it and replace the ARMDs.

very sensible post.