Why is that minor character being promoted along with the main characters? Don't they realize audiences will assume she has relevance to the plot and get mad when the opposite happens. [/still salty]

Current triangle status...

post-425-0-39347600-1470463363_thumb.jpg

Edited by cwmodels

Doesn't "Misa" always win it?

It would be interesting for "Minmay" to actual win it for once. Mirage right now isn't giving that much a fight. If Mirage wins I'm afraid it will be because Freyja will have to leave Hayate to fulfill her true destiny singing to space whales or something.

"I love you Hayate but you can't follow me."

"What will I do without you Freyja?"

"Um isn't Mirage still around somewhere?"

Doesn't "Misa" always win it?

It would be interesting for "Minmay" to actual win it for once.

Mirage and the writers have not earned a Misa outcome, and as it currently stands, I would not respect them if they did that. Misa received plenty of character development alongside Hikaru and Minmay as Macross progressed; Mirage barely gets any screen time and her own character arc is at a standstill. Flipping things around would likely require freezing out Freyja and turning the series into The Mirage Show, on top of spending time on minor business like ending the war. Emotionally, by failing to develop Mirage for the first two-thirds of the series, making her the romance winner in the end feels like a betrayal of the time spent on Freyja's relationship.

Freyja's got a lot more built-in likeability than Minmay or Ranka, since she doesn't have too many rough edges to smooth off, so maybe she's a little shallower of a character than those two. But she's meeting character challenges and broadening as a character. Mirage has... a lot of pouts.

Edited by This Confuses Gamlin

You're right, and it is really frustrating. Mirage has the potential to be a really interesting character, but she's being used as window dressing.

I was really looking forward to the follow-up on that five-second scene about how the burden of her lineage weighs on her, but it has NEVER happened.

Meanwhile, Mikumo gun steal Hayate when no one be watchin'.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-16/macross-delta-1st-walkure-album-earns-gold-disc-certification/.105451

Walküre Attack!, the debut album of the Macross Delta anime's in-story idol unit Walküre, has shipped more than 100,000 copies, earning the album a gold disc certification from the Recording Industry Association of Japan.

The album shipped on July 6 and sold 77,527 copies for the week of July 4-10, ranking #2 on the Oricon Album charts for that week. The album features 12 tracks, including the songs "Ichido Dake no Koi Nara" and "Run ga Pikatto Hikattara" from the unit's first single.

The second album:

Meanwhile, Walküre's second single "Zettai Reido Θ Novatick/Hametsu no Junjo" (TV anime's second OP and ED songs) released on August 10 sold a very good 25,000 units in its first week, ranking 6th in the Oricon weekly single charts...

It is already confirmed that Walküre's second album "Walküre Trap!" is set for a release on September 28. The 12-song album will contain insert songs featured in the anime, including

"Onyanoko Girl,"

"Absolute 5,"

"God Bless You,"

"LOVE!THUNDER GLOW,"

"Silent Hacker,"

"Hear The Universe,"

"Namidame Bakuhatsuon,"

"Walküre no Birthday Song."

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/08/16-1/macross-delta-girls-idol-unit-walkres-1st-album-sells-100000-copies

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/VTZL-115

And the second OST at the same time?

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/VTCL-60435

Anyone know if frontier's album did as well?

Frontier's first OST broke the 100k mark a little faster. But it looks like Delta is tracking to do very well. Ya gotta remember that Frontier was a JUGGERNAUT.

"Macross Frontier O.S.T.1 Nyan Fro. is the first soundtrack album of Macross Frontier released by Kanno Yoko featuring various opening, ending themes and insert songs of the first half of the series. The album reached #3 on the Oricon charts, charted for 26 weeks, selling 189,202 copies in 2008 and was the #58 album of the year."

Call me a sadist or total perv, but the Knights may need to do some (more?) lewd things to get popular at this point. Like The Full Monty or Free! mini theater levels of lewd. But at least they're on a very popular show.

http://sgcafe.com/2016/08/kabaneri-iron-fortress-macross-delta-still-dominate-newtype-rankings-september-2016/

dBS4aAOOw1W_IQko9hLo_D6KOiAMZFlLGmYFw2-_

Edited by Einherjar

Frontier's first OST broke the 100k mark a little faster. But it looks like Delta is tracking to do very well. Ya gotta remember that Frontier was a JUGGERNAUT.

"Macross Frontier O.S.T.1 Nyan Fro. is the first soundtrack album of Macross Frontier released by Kanno Yoko featuring various opening, ending themes and insert songs of the first half of the series. The album reached #3 on the Oricon charts, charted for 26 weeks, selling 189,202 copies in 2008 and was the #58 album of the year."

I'm actually surprised that Delta's music is doing as well as it is against Frontiers. Frontiers music is vastly superior IMO. Walkure has a couple good songs but they are no where in the same league as Frontier's music.

I'm actually surprised that Delta's music is doing as well as it is against Frontiers. Frontiers music is vastly superior IMO. Walkure has a couple good songs but they are no where in the same league as Frontier's music.

Lack of competition might be a factor

Next episode preview is up.

We might actually get some mecha combat...IN THE FORM OF A FRAKIN FLASHBACK. angry-smiley-005.gifangry-smiley-055.gifangry-smiley-053.gifangry-smiley-054.gif

Plot summary

Al Shahal hears the Song of Wind and most of its people fall under a coma. Three people are stuck on the medical ship, Kaname, Makina and Reina, where they recall the path to "Walkure"'s formation. From formation to debut, to the future that awaits the girls...

Likely VF-25 fan service episode.

Nah, I don't think Brinsingr NUNS bought the 25 from Frontier (after all, they are still using their 171s), which makes sense, Brisingr is galactic Rim and Frontier and the Vajra home is near the core. Plus it has been revealed previously the VF-31 is slated for Brisingr NUNS roll out eventually.

As for the episode, it seems to be VF-31A Kairos action. Only proves the 31 has been around for a couple years and isn't as new as the 25 was in Frontier.

Edited by Master Dex

Do we have a confirmed episode count for the series yet? 25, 26 or 27 episodes in total?

We know it's going to come out on 9 discs, which at 3 episodes per disc gives us a maximum of 27 episodes, or if the last disc only has 1 episode could be the series is only gonna be 25 episodes.

We know it's going to come out on 9 discs, which at 3 episodes per disc gives us a maximum of 27 episodes, or if the last disc only has 1 episode could be the series is only gonna be 25 episodes.

Or 2 episodes on the last 2 discs.

Is the 13-episodes-per-cour thing hard to break the mold of, since it would mess up the runtimes for series to follow in the same time slot? Delta is airing on a lot of channels, would that mean that it would be even more difficult for them to break the prevailing pattern? (I've seen shows go 12 episodes, but not 14 or 15 unless the extra episodes were OVAs).

Edited by This Confuses Gamlin

Next time on Macross Delta.

Exiting the fold gate from the planet Alfheim, Delta platoon and Walkure finally arrive in the land of Windermere. In order to destroy the Protoculture system with a resonance reaction with a tactical live (performance), the head to the imperial city of Derwent(?).

201609022025_30408.jpg201609022025_30409.jpg201609022025_30410.jpg201609022025_30411.jpg201609022025_30412.jpg

Potential Delta spoilers here...proceed at your own risk.

But Mari Iijima posted this on her Facebook page earlier today.

post-31-0-16073500-1472885763_thumb.png

Mr. Yasunori Honda was the sound director for SDF: M, M7, DYRL, and II.

Could she be recording something for Delta?!? :o

Wow. Just wow. If THIS be true...

But Hikaru can not reappear. His VA is dead. They would not do it. I don't think Mari would go along with it, for one. They were friends...

Never mind the plot. Older!Mari as older!Minmay would make a dream of mine nearly canon - the idea that some later songs by Mari are later songs by Minmay in Macrossverse. Notably Survivor http://tidido.com/a35184372196483/al56015b9de7c622686aa1dcdd/t56015b9ee7c622686aa1ddb5 - it would fit the story too.

(Somehow the better recording and lyrics that were online before are not there now. But Minmay could be addressing it to pretty much any of the major Frontier or Delta songstresses, I'd pick movie!Ranka).