Macross Dyrl For Ps2

GutsAndCasca

LOL the games easy to get the hang of, and mission objectives are very easy to figure out and commit to, i don't speak jack diddly for Japanese either, and the little i know was useless in the game too, but it didn't remove the fun factor for me!

PS3 games are currently not "region coded". Thus you can import them. You could see wind up seeing certain titles locked to a certain region if the developer insists on it but this would probably be the exception (anything is possible) and not the norm.

yar like i said, the PSP's are like this too, no region, to my knowledge any PSP can play any PSP game in existance, only movies are regionaly coded... not that sony is making any money on that, they fired a guy for not trying to boast that feature enough, then they got a guy who did it, and no ones buying the tiny discs! (why bother, just get a bigger mem stick, rip a full DVD, convert to MP4, and upload to the PSP :p )

but for PS2 games they'd have to replace the Region coding into the Emu program for licensing reasons more than likely, so region freed up PS2 games aren't likely, me thinks...

if they did do that, i'd probably get a PS3, but as is... i'm waiting till its selling 150 new or used, cause its asking price is WAY out there IMHO, and with the troubles they had just trying to produce the thing, and the inability to even hold a real pre-order, is all just bad karma IMO.

they only sold out the pre-orders so fast (though they seem proud of this) because they only had like 10 units setup per store!!

exagerated a bit, yes, but not far off with the tiny ammount that had actualy been setup for the initial runs...

anyone else read VG cats? :p

they had a good pun on it.

Edited by GrimlockCW

Can you actually play this import game on a domestic PS2 from North America?

No. No import games will play on a US PS2. However, there are modchips and fliptop lids that you can install in your US PS2 that will allow it to play imports and backups.

I agree with myk when it comes to all the VF-X games, they're all garbage. UNiT programmed some of the worst flight physics I've seen. In VF-X you can crash your VF at 200mph directly into the ground and watch it bounce back in the complete opposite direction taking only minimal damage. In VF-X2, the complete opposite happens, you can no longer touch the ground nor really climb into the sky. Your VF is basically encompassed within a sphere, and when you turn, the level moves around the sphere. It's hard to describe, but the gist is that it's very unrealisitc. UNiT labeled it as an "arcade shooter" when it really was just shoddy programming. Everything else in VF-X2 was great (music, story, and graphics), but it's too bad the most important element in the game was lacking: gameplay. :blink:

edit: Just like to note that I only made it up to stage 3 as VF-X2 was so bad. While unlikely, it's possible that the later levels did something different with the flight physics.

Edited by TheLoneWolf

My first impressions are good on the game. More to come as I play it

which campaign? movie or TV?

when they say the Movie is harder, its no joke, but you can still mostly zoom through it... its that fight with the Meltrandi Cap ship thats a BI*&H and a half your target is sooooo small and guarded rather heavily... you'll see what i mean :p

and to add to Lonewolf's comment on the PS2 import playing, theres always what i did :p

buy a used Japanese PS2 :)

course i also have it for Region 2 DVD's Gundamn Climax U.C. (OH YEAH!!! was there (in japan) for this ones release... SEVENTY TWO GUNDAMS TO PLAY WITH!!! unbalanced as he** too but meh... heh), and the A.C.E games + whatever else i decide to get later :p

just made it alot easier than flip flopping discs or modding the daylights out of the console in a manner that could lead to its death within 3 monthes (my bros Modded XBox died within a year and he had that done by a guy who mods consoles almost for a living, seeing as his main job is a janitor :p )

If ya haven't checked it out Sevket, you may wanna look into A.C.E 2, as its got some AWSOME use of the Valks (DYRL ones, and Millia's Qrau, i dunno why they didn't throw in maxes as a joke since its only a reskin, but meh), honestly, throw in a better aim system with A.C.E 2's secondary control scheme for the Valks, and the Missile countermeasure the Mac game has, then remake the Mac game using this and it'd be the greatest game in existance with out challenge!! but A.C.E 2 does have a minor issue in its targeting thing and VS mode auto aim :/

oh... well i also could say the GBP1S armored Hikaru TV 1J was also a bit of an oddball for it since it was almost to easy to control and not very bulky in feel, but being able to eject the armor and haul arse outta there is a neat touch :p leaves ya weaponless though aside from the gunpod and head lasers....

anywho, thats an FYI if ya haven't tried it... IMO its awsome though, but the Mac PS2 game made my day when i got it no doubt :) can't beat it as far as 100% Mac games go so far.

Edited by GrimlockCW

• 3 weeks later...

which campaign? movie or TV?

when they say the Movie is harder, its no joke, but you can still mostly zoom through it... its that fight with the Meltrandi Cap ship thats a BI*&H and a half your target is sooooo small and guarded rather heavily... you'll see what i mean :p

and to add to Lonewolf's comment on the PS2 import playing, theres always what i did :p

buy a used Japanese PS2 :)

course i also have it for Region 2 DVD's Gundamn Climax U.C. (OH YEAH!!! was there (in japan) for this ones release... SEVENTY TWO GUNDAMS TO PLAY WITH!!! unbalanced as he** too but meh... heh), and the A.C.E games + whatever else i decide to get later :p

just made it alot easier than flip flopping discs or modding the daylights out of the console in a manner that could lead to its death within 3 monthes (my bros Modded XBox died within a year and he had that done by a guy who mods consoles almost for a living, seeing as his main job is a janitor :p )

If ya haven't checked it out Sevket, you may wanna look into A.C.E 2, as its got some AWSOME use of the Valks (DYRL ones, and Millia's Qrau, i dunno why they didn't throw in maxes as a joke since its only a reskin, but meh), honestly, throw in a better aim system with A.C.E 2's secondary control scheme for the Valks, and the Missile countermeasure the Mac game has, then remake the Mac game using this and it'd be the greatest game in existance with out challenge!! but A.C.E 2 does have a minor issue in its targeting thing and VS mode auto aim :/

oh... well i also could say the GBP1S armored Hikaru TV 1J was also a bit of an oddball for it since it was almost to easy to control and not very bulky in feel, but being able to eject the armor and haul arse outta there is a neat touch :p leaves ya weaponless though aside from the gunpod and head lasers....

anywho, thats an FYI if ya haven't tried it... IMO its awsome though, but the Mac PS2 game made my day when i got it no doubt :) can't beat it as far as 100% Mac games go so far.

Well I finished the game yesterday and it left a great taste in my mouth. I had more difficulty in Prometheus Stage's final rather than ARMD-1's final stage. I didn't bother to get S ranking or anything but it is a shame that you cannot play and finish the game as VF-4 as I found it awesome...

As for A.C.E. 2 do you know a place I can get it for a lower price ? I mean second hand used game is fine with me as long as it works well.

I want to play A.C.E series as I'm really unfamiliar with most of the mecha series mentioned there. I hope to begin Gundam with Gundam Wing series as soon as possible but so many anime to watch and so little time...

And do you know any english fansites for ACE 2 that I can get more info about ? Thanks a lot

Finally I highly recommend everybody the Macross game, I'm trying to get VF-X & VF-X2 through ebay too but they ask a lot for such old games <_<

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-r-49-e...oss-70-2mf.html

Play-Asia is probably the best overseas retailer. The game isn't cheap, though.

I got mine from Ebay at $23.59 for the game only and $31.59 including shipping to North Cyprus. I strongly recommend you to check Ebay sellers for a much better price

Edited by Sevket_Erhat

Are there any differences in handling between the various VFs?

I don't remember anything like that really but the VF-4 you get after finishing the game handles greatly

As for VF-X I got it thanks to the trasures of the internet. I must say that I don't plan on playing it again as it is not good at all. I just wish for a next gen Macross game by Sega-AM2 that features VF-19,VF-4,YF-21,VF-11B etc along with classic valkyres

Edited by Sevket_Erhat

Sevkety Erhat, try VF-X2. It is better.

SpaceAce, I've heard that some of the older titles for the PS1 and PS2 will be made available for free on the PS network that the PS3 can access. I may be misreading the news, but you may want to look into this before paying any money.

Here in Japan PS1 games have virtually disappeared from used shops, and the area devoted to the PS2 has also dwindled. Read what you will into that.

Edited by sketchley

I ordered both Macross and Robotech Battlecry from Ebay and cannot wait for them to arrive

You'll have a lot of fun once you gett'em. :D

edit: ooops, looks like you already gott'em.

Edited by GutsAndCasca

Sevkety Erhat, try VF-X2. It is better.

SpaceAce, I've heard that some of the older titles for the PS1 and PS2 will be made available for free on the PS network that the PS3 can access. I may be misreading the news, but you may want to look into this before paying any money.

Here in Japan PS1 games have virtually disappeared from used shops, and the area devoted to the PS2 has also dwindled. Read what you will into that.

Thanks sketchley. :)

I have heard something alongs those lines, just wasn't sure what the details were. I sure hope that's true.

As for the last, I suppose I had better get off of my ass, and get the couple of Macross games I saw on PlayAsia while the gettin's good.

I downloaded VFX-2 and burn it onto CD using Clone CD the game starts with intro and everything the game freezes at briefing screen and I cannot play it !!! Any ideas ?

just one.

try buying it, not pirating it.

I wouldn't bother with it, but I have it on good word that the PS3 will be region free. If true, the days of modding my be over with.

Supposedly yes, but for copyright reasons it MAY have the region coding for the old games it does play, for games built for the system, like the PSP, it doesn't have'em to my knowledge.

anyone know anything more on the PS3's BWC?

Edited by GrimlockCW

I downloaded VFX-2 and burn it onto CD using Clone CD the game starts with intro and everything the game freezes at briefing screen and I cannot play it !!! Any ideas ?

It could be my CD/DVD burner, but I haven't had good luck copying/burning PS1 games with CloneCD either. In the fact, the PS1 games I burned with CloneCD had the same problems you described (and I made sure to set the CloneCD settings specifically to PS1). So I just went back to CDRwin, it's an oldie but its burns play perfectly on my pc and ps2. If your VFX2 iso came with a .cue file, you should be able to burn it with CDRwin.

And the PS3 will play PS3 games from any region, but it still contains the region lock-out for PS1 and PS2 games.

Edited by TheLoneWolf

• 3 weeks later...

The macross game for the ps2 rocks! it's got every thing, the robots , music the sound. I reckon the music is the best part of the game, it makes the game more authentic and makes you feel like your part of the show.

• 2 weeks later...