Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S/A Reactive Armor

Valkyrie addict

Based on what I can understand from my translation program, the text mainly talks about the Reactive Armor, which was seen in the Macross Zero OVA released on the 20th anniversary of the original Macross series, is coming. Release date still TBD though. And yeah, it also mentions Shin's VF-0A being released in August 2015.

DAMMIT MAN!!! I was only going to get the VF-0A...I already have the older version VF-0S. I guess I can get the A and display this with just the armor and the S in fighter with the drone/booster attached. Man....thank you for such life changing decisions MACROSS!!! :rolleyes:

I hope the colours of the shin custom is changed for the actual release. I prefer without the dark blue, but if it doesn't change I'll cancel my HLJ order and wait for the CF. :D

I wonder if we'll ever get a chance to see the mass produced version before release... I might not get the chance until it's actually released. *eek!*

Based on what I can understand from my translation program, the text mainly talks about the Reactive Armor, which was seen in the Macross Zero OVA released on the 20th anniversary of the original Macross series, is coming. Release date still TBD though. And yeah, it also mentions Shin's VF-0A being released in August 2015.

I had figured as much..

DAMMIT MAN!!! I was only going to get the VF-0A...I already have the older version VF-0S. I guess I can get the A and display this with just the armor and the S in fighter with the drone/booster attached. Man....thank you for such life changing decisions MACROSS!!! :rolleyes:

I have the original Yamato VF-0S and VF-0A with ghost booster combo gift sets too. I will most likely leave them in fighter mode with the Ghosts attached and call it good. I am still getting at least 2 of each new variant from Arcadia and 2x Armor sets minimum. I do also have an extra "A variant Ghost" that could look pretty good on the Shin VF-0A with the blue accents if they leave it blue.

Nice!! Just release them already !

I have the original Yamato VF-0S and VF-0A with ghost booster combo gift sets too. I will most likely leave them in fighter mode with the Ghosts attached and call it good. I am still getting at least 2 of each new variant from Arcadia and 2x Armor sets minimum. I do also have an extra "A variant Ghost" that could look pretty good on the Shin VF-0A with the blue accents if they leave it blue.

Lucky you, I am still hunting for both grey and blue versions at this moment

I'm wondering (but not holding my breadth) if this will somewhat fit the Yamato VF-0S without too much hacking..er, modifying I mean..

I'll get the reactive armor before I shell out more dough for the Arcadia versions.

I think your best bet will be to just bear down and get the new Arcadia releases if you want it to work out right. There are a lot of new slots on these so they can accept the armor parts, I can see it being a pain in the ass to get the old versions cut out and tabbed properly to make this fit. But maybe with time, patience, and some ingenuity it might be possible.

Edited by Loop

All these releases coming out are killing my wallet, and are going to do it fast at the end of the year/start of next year. That being said, this is something I've been waiting for, for a long time. Now, if only they'd get on that VF-11 armor.

Good thing I saved the extra budget for an extra VF-4G and sold my extra VF-19 Advance for these upcoming Valks and... Reactive Armor. So excited now. Now, I understand Spanner's feelings. Hahaha! :lol:

Hey what! I heard my name being mentioned.. what i do now!? ;)

Hahaha! I remember like how you felt like how slow it is on waiting. Now I want the VF-0S and the Reactive Armor to be released at the same time. :lol:

Now, I'm thinking since I already bought a Ghost Set before for the upcoming VF-0S and now a Reactive Armor will get released, does that mean in order to display both, I need to buy the VF-0A too? Or just get two VF-0S instead? :rolleyes:

Hey guys! Been awhile since I posted. News of the release of the Reactive Armor for the VF-0 valks sure got my attention today! Thank you Mr. K and Arcadia for FINALLY deciding to release this!

Now to find a way to get over the pre-order madness...

Hahaha! I remember like how you felt like how slow it is on waiting. Now I want the VF-0S and the Reactive Armor to be released at the same time. :lol:

Now, I'm thinking since I already bought a Ghost Set before for the upcoming VF-0S and now a Reactive Armor will get released, does that mean in order to display both, I need to buy the VF-0A too? Or just get two VF-0S instead? :rolleyes:

ahh yes! I was thinking that I will now need a 2nd of either seeing that I cancelled one.. I'd like to have one of each displayed clean but then I'll want one suited up in the Reactive Armor too.. SO then I'll have to chose which variant "A" or "S" will I buy two of! I can't remember which variant actually used the armor in Macross Zero..?

Hey guys! Been awhile since I posted. News of the release of the Reactive Armor for the VF-0 valks sure got my attention today! Thank you Mr. K and Arcadia for FINALLY deciding to release this!

Now to find a way to get over the pre-order madness...

Only the 0S used the Reactive Armor in the OVA, Spanner. :-)

No worries on the preorder madness, brouken. This is an Arcadia release and not Bandai's. ;)

Excellent! then that decides it! I will be getting 2 VF-0S! Thanks mate! :DB))

Oh man. Not so sure now if I'm going to get the 0A for the Ghost Set. This time, I really don't want to have 2 of the same bird (well, in exemption of Arcadia YF-19 ofcourse, since I already sold my extra Bandai's VF-19 :D ), now I felt I'm obliged to get the 0A for the Ghost Set. Just to display both sets. Instead of getting two VF-0S. :unsure:

Would it be best just to get one VF-0S, and just displayed it either with Ghost Set or Reactive Armor parts on, depends on my mood? Hehehe. ;)

By the way, who used the Ghost Set more? Shin or Roy?

Edited by no3ljm

Thanks for the info Noel! So I take it that these are made to order like the previous Arcadia releases?

As for your question on the Ghost pack, both Roy and Shin used this configuration only in the fifth and final episode of the Zero OVA. If I remember the timeline correctly, Shin's 0A got shot down first (head blown off), while Roy gets to keep his 0S until the end, albeit heavily damaged, as he holds a dying Aries in his arms. :-) Although Shin still flies his 0A against the awakened AFOS, Ghost pack and all, in the final battle.

Thanks for the info Noel! So I take it that these are made to order like the previous Arcadia releases?

As for your question on the Ghost pack, both Roy and Shin used this configuration only in the fifth and final episode of the Zero OVA. If I remember the timeline correctly, Shin's 0A got shot down first (head blown off), while Roy gets to keep his 0S until the end, albeit heavily damaged, as he holds a dying Aries in his arms. :-) Although Shin still flies his 0A against the awakened AFOS, Ghost pack and all, in the final battle.

Oh man. Now, you're making me get the 0A too. Hahaha! :lol:

Well, I don't think it's made to order per se. It's just that with their current prices going on, people are so careful buying Arcadia valks compared to Bandai's more affordable prices. ;)

Yeah, I was thinking of skipping the Shin 0A as well, but I after this announcement, I might keep my preorder. So I could have Fokker in Armor, and Shin in FAST pack.

I'm thinking the same thing now. :rolleyes:

Now I wonder if the SV-51 will ever get released. I have all of the old Yamato sets and am thinking to keep the ghosts on my yammy VF-0's in fighter mode displayed with Ivanov and Nora. I think they still look pretty good with all the gear on in fighter.

I am pretty sure I am getting doubles of everything that Arcadia is releasing as far as am concerned. Still undecided though on how many CF VF-0's I will get. Arcadia is playing it smart by showing this armor, now we all want multiples :lol: