Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Those buildings are too small.

This last series of pics by sh9000 makes me so happy. We're finally getting a complete line of Macross toys after all these years. Not models, toys. Great time to be a fan and collector!

Thank you.

Nice pics sh9000 and saburo

Impressive !

Most impressive

Thanks.

There's a VF-1J Hikaru and CF VF-1A on Mandarake for 6000 yen each if anyone is looking for them.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1052817102&ref=list

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1052093639&ref=list

Help me I just dropped nearly $40 on eBay buying HO scale buildings. Cheap unpainted 3rd printed ones made by a Chinese company called Outland Models. I just keep seeing pictures posted in this topic and looking at my Hi-Metals in a bare glass Detolf case. Then I think I need some scenery.

still looks like the pilots from the 1/100 HM-R Valks are too big.. shame Bandai didn't make the cockpit closer to the line art. But its no big deal.

hwr-00-mk2-cockpit.jpg

Is that even possible with that scale? The detail that is.

Help me I just dropped nearly $40 on eBay buying HO scale buildings. Cheap unpainted 3rd printed ones made by a Chinese company called Outland Models. I just keep seeing pictures posted in this topic and looking at my Hi-Metals in a bare glass Detolf case. Then I think I need some scenery.

Nice. I checked them out. Pretty plain, but there is not much out there in the 1/100 scale to choose from.

Which did you get: The 1/100 & 1/87, or others?

This would be mighty early for a mid-September of next year announcement. We know the March (Miria) and April (Missile effects) releases for next year. There might be another April release but otherwise we have several months before we get to what will come out in September 2017. I'm guessing all we're going to see is M&M 1J and missile effects with release dates at the next publicity events and they'll keep us guessing at what's next through the holidays (though they might show some more displays of awesome "possible" toys at the Tamashii event).

This last series of pics by sh9000 makes me so happy. We're finally getting a complete line of Macross toys after all these years. Not models, toys. Great time to be a fan and collector!

My collection so far:

- Focker VF-1S Strike Valkyrie

- DYRL GBP Armored VF-1J

- Hikaru TV version VF-1J

- VF-1A Cannon Fodder (2)

- Glaug

- Regult (2)

- Max & Millia VF-1J (preorder)

Will Bandai extend the HMR license to other Macross series too ?

^I think that was the intention. As long as a product line is profitable, Bandai will follow through. From my observation, most of the hi-metal toy are successful except for Monster since it got a discount within a short time from the release (from some retailer).

There is Tamashii Nation event this weekend, maybe we can get new announcement of new mold or if they will re-use the VF-1 mold, they might as well release VE-1 or VT-1 :p

This would be mighty early for a mid-September of next year announcement. We know the March (Miria) and April (Missile effects) releases for next year. There might be another April release but otherwise we have several months before we get to what will come out in September 2017. I'm guessing all we're going to see is M&M 1J and missile effects with release dates at the next publicity events and they'll keep us guessing at what's next through the holidays (though they might show some more displays of awesome "possible" toys at the Tamashii event).

No hurry here. Still trying to keep up with this line.

So I had a really wacked out dream this morning that I opened my Hikaru 1Js only to discover that they were a completely different design... hardly any actual transformation, mostly swapping out huge chunks of the body, more like a Tomytec kit.. and the boxes were half-sized or something, with no accessories at all. :blink:

So I had a really wacked out dream this morning that I opened my Hikaru 1Js only to discover that they were a completely different design... hardly any actual transformation, mostly swapping out huge chunks of the body, more like a Tomytec kit.. and the boxes were half-sized or something, with no accessories at all. :blink:

I wouldn't call that a dream. That's definitely a nightmare