CF18

Megahouse are releasing a Gundam figure of Mikazuki from the Gundam Orphans series.

Why can't they do male leads from Macross??

(Yes I do realise Gundam has a far larger fanbase - but still!)

If Macross would get into a release cycle that Gundam has, then it would be a lot more popular and profitable I'm sure.... I mean with Delta's quality as a series you can throw out the window the whole "it comes along once every blue moon because its seasoned for excellence, because its special" idea... this one certainly wasn't (IMO) and as far as merchandise it's a hit anyways.

That's not to say I wouldn't prefer it to be special, DELTA can be a fluke.. a very bad one at that, the next series could rewrite the standard.. I think we all want that.. whether it actually happens or not, is yet to be seen.

Anyone have any idea on the SH Figuarts release dates for DELTA? I'm looking forward to that being a hit so we get also Minmay, Ranka, Sheryl, Misa, Milia.. etc.

Edited by ayaxr

Are you ready for this?!

Now, cue the music. B))

From the Tamashii Nations site, (and if google translate is correct), there will be prototypes of the Walkure Figuarts shown in the Macross booth during TN2016. Something to look ahead to! Quite surprised at the speed of these getting out, considering they were only announced a month ago.

Edited by joelwuj

My Not Sheryl figure just arrived. I'll probably just pick up one of each Walkure from the Ichiban Kuji line and be done with it since the show was, er, not very good.

Pictured together with my Not Ranka figure. :rolleyes:

mikumo%20freyja_zps0bdwfpgf.jpg

here I am trying to off load some of my girl figures but still am wanting that Freyja! :wacko::rolleyes:

how tall are these compared to sh figuart? are they at least the same scale?

Like 16-17cm. depends on how high the hair is. And with that size, it's almost the same scale as the Figuarts line. But I'm sure it's weird to display them besides Figuarts Iron Man. Coz I'm sure Frejya is smaller than Stark. ;)

12 to 15 cm in height is a pretty good size range and they fit in nicely around the Valkyrie's. But upwards of 20cm (and larger) is starting to get too big.. one of the reasons I stopped displaying the Macross girls around my Valks, they simply take up too much room. Some of the Banpresto figures especially.

Edited by spanner

Nice. But they don't have specific heights, right? It really depends on the figure and the series releases? Like some Ichiban Kuji from the Frontier ones are not the same as the Delta ones(?). Or some of the Dragon Ball one is not in-scale with the others(?). Is that correct for members who have some?

Yeah, Ichiban Kuji figures are non-scaled and sizes vary wildly between different shows/lines. Like these Walkure releases are much smaller than most of the previous Sheryl & Ranka releases. But at least the sizing among figures in the same series should be close enough, i.e. I don't expect a future Makina release to tower over Mikumo or anything, though no guarantees on that. :rolleyes:

12 to 15 cm in height is a pretty good size range and they fit in nicely around the Valkyrie's. But upwards of 20cm (and larger) is starting to get too big.. one of the reasons I stopped displaying the Macross girls around my Valks, they simply take up too much room. Some of the Banpresto figures especially.

Thats true. Those macross stands on banpresto takes the same space as a 1/6 stand. Im having second thoughts on some i just bought. Guess ill open a dispute on paypal. XD

LOL! i still really like this line and i went ahead and pre-ordered it. I dont think they look too bad, especially considering the scale!

The Nendoroids look pretty good and they have me considering a return back into buying nedoroid while i hold my breath for some sh figuarts, which i have not heard any news.

When is the next bandai/tamashii event?

o0515037113772941307.jpg

GSC blog post regarding Nendoroid Mikumo and Freyja: http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2016/10/31/nendoroid-co-de-mikumo-guynemer-freyja-wion/

Being part of the Nendoroid Co-de series means they're not poseable.

On a separate note, the Walkure Figuarts (all five of them) were on display during Tamashii Nations 2016, but were amongst the no-photos-allowed displays. According to a MW member who went, they were in their default idol costumes. Hoping to see actual pictures of them soon!

Edited by joelwuj

*snip*

On a separate note, the Walkure Figuarts (all five of them) were on display during Tamashii Nations 2016, but were amongst the no-photos-allowed displays. According to a MW member who went, they were in their default idol costumes. Hoping to see actual pictures of them soon!

Nice. So there's already a colored protoype for all the Walkure girls in Figuarts form. ;) When you say 'default' then it's the same as the Nendoroid's costume, correct?

x11-Walk%C3%BCre.jpg

Also kinda weird to read something like 'according to a MW member who went', it felt like he's not a MacrossWorld member, rather he's from a different MW group. Unless he wants to stay nameless. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm