Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force (Thread no.2)

IXTL

VF-17Dはスーパーパックとのせっとで。単品は現在検討中ナリ、です。

Translated properly: The VF-1D comes in a set together with the super pack. A separate release is being considered.

Edited by Actar

No confirmation on what the price in JPY will be on the bundle, right?

I'm betting somewhere around 26,900 or $340 US. The S alone was roughly $300, I'm willing to bet the extra packs will add somewhere between $20 to $40 to the price.

• 2 weeks later...

Since Bandai keeps jacking me left and right, I used the refund from my canceled YF-29 preorder to finally throw down for the VF-17S on eBay for $282 shipped.

Good deal, that thing is a hell of a lot of fun to pose.

Messed with my 17S more and more, love this toy. Looks a lot better with more stickers applied imo.

For battroid mode, do you guys pull the feet all the way out?

How stickered up is yours? Even though I'd like to sticker mine more "real-world" like every time I picture the thing in battroid all of those stickers on the tail that suddenly become it's forearms looks like a bunch of tattoos to me and I back out of doing it.

Without looking through the thread does anybody have a problem with the torso rocking back and forth in battroid? slightly annoying when you think you have a good pose and it rocks back 1/4 inch.

My torso rocks a little bit. I don't think it's a quarter of an inch though.

• 2 weeks later...

The MSRP is like 30,000 yen...

Honestly, I love Macross, but I don't know how much longer I can keep justifying buying these, when they're essentially turning out to be a mortgage payment. I'm sure in the not too distant future, I will be priced out of these toys.

Tampo? Hello, tampo? Where are YOUUUUUUUUUUOOO??? TAAAAAAAAAAAAMPOOOOOO!?!? +-30000 yen price tag yet no splashes of the paint I see on all the line art...

Edited by Twoducks

Did anybody notice on the last pic (battleroid backside) there is a hinge on the leg armor. Could this be a hatch that opens to display mini missiles? Sorry if this has already been discussed at length in a previous thread. Does anybody have pics with this open?

this is what I'm talking

Uhhhhhh...yeah. That's how it's supposed to be.

http://www.macross2....d-nightmare.htm

It really should have a more diamond like shape, not a circle.

The MSRP is like 30,000 yen...

A conversion on XE is showing that to be $380 USD before shipping.

I'll be slow in getting two of these for Diamond Force. If FPs are separate, definitel in for a few sets.

Jason, I am not 100% sure, but from the pics, this does not look like the VF-17D we are really waiting on. The pics still look like the stripes are white, which would make this the plain ole VF-17D seen here:

http://www.macross2....d-nightmare.htm

The two that I need are seen here:

http://www.macross2....iamondforce.htm

That price listed is with Japan's 5% sales tax so it will be closer to just 30,000 yen for the rest of the world

hafta apply stickers like a serf

Guys I love Yamato's Macross product, but damn.... at nearly $400, I would at least think they could tampo print a freaking kite on the thing.

I'm kinda disappointed that they decided to not do the Diamond Force Color VF-17D. Will we ever see the Diamond Force VF-17D?

I am hoping so, but with Yamato's track record of repaints and trying to milk the mold as hard as they can, I think it will happen.

The question is when. Please correct me if I am wrong, but "these are not the VF-17D's you are looking for" if you want to complete Diamond Force .

Edited by Loop

Hmm, I like the drawn line art 17D head, but it doesn't seem to translate well into 3D I guess. I don't know what it is. I think the visor may be too small.

The price with the FAST pack doesn't sit well with my wallet either. I may just end up getting a 17S at some point afterall.