DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

The previous thread folded to the Hall of Super Topics.

http://www.macrosswo...showtopic=35195

Here's a recap of what's coming in the next few months.

April 2012: Super Parts for VF-25F and VF-25S

May 2012: YF-29 reissue

June 2012: Armored Parts for for VF-25F and VF-25S, plus VF-171EX

No word on when the rest of Skull Squadron is coming.

Screw the rest, I want an Ozma reissue.

-Kyp

I have every confidence that Bandai realizes that they have Underproduced these particular releases especially with the online retailers selling out eyeblinklingly fast along with the the brick and mortar stores. For your information, toy companies don't make their money from us consumers buying them, they make their money from Retailers purchasing them via bulk contracts. I'll even go as far as to say that BBTS, among others having had demand far outstrip their supply and awaiting restock from Bandai (couple this with the Online Exclusives selling out horrendously fast, especially for such a "niche" market) has made things very clear; Bandai has a great opportunity with Macross Frontier. It could be the one line outside of Gundam that makes them "Beaucoup Bones".

Remember, the rest of the Skull Squadron Valks will require a greater amount of assembly line retooling than what was required between the Alto and Ozma Valks and as such may be giving Bandai pause; "Should we spend the money retooling the assembly line, or do we gamble on saving a few yen on the chance to make more fast money with a re-issue?" I think the latter will appeal far more to toy execs. It's just better business. Bandai and Big West both seem to grasp what HG hasn't; there's far more money to be made exploiting a market than there is attempting to control it.

My money's on expecting an Ozma re-issue soon (maybe with improved joint pins even).

Edited by Big Irv

I have every confidence that Bandai realizes that they have Underproduced these particular releases especially with the online retailers selling out eyeblinklingly fast along with the the brick and mortar stores. For your information, toy companies don't make their money from us consumers buying them, they make their money from Retailers purchasing them via bulk contracts. I'll even go as far as to say that BBTS, among others having had demand far outstrip their supply and awaiting restock from Bandai (couple this with the Online Exclusives selling out horrendously fast, especially for such a "niche" market) has made things very clear; Bandai has a great opportunity with Macross Frontier. It could be the one line outside of Gundam that makes them "Beaucoup Bones".

Remember, the rest of the Skull Squadron Valks will require a greater amount of assembly line retooling than what was required between the Alto and Ozma Valks and as such may be giving Bandai pause; "Should we spend the money retooling the assembly line, or do we gamble on saving a few yen on the chance to make more fast money with a re-issue?" I think the latter will appeal far more to toy execs. It's just better business. Bandai and Big West both seem to grasp what HG hasn't; there's far more money to be made exploiting a market than there is attempting to control it.

My money's on expecting an Ozma re-issue soon (maybe with improved joint pins even).

May your money be well placed, my friend.

-Kyp

Got this in the mail today from AnimeKingInc(dot)com

gallery_4654_541_877753.jpg

The box was almost pristine with very little wear. The VF-25F was a lot heavyer than I expected, but I'm really impressed with it. Just have to wait out on the super pack now.

Got this in the mail today from AnimeKingInc(dot)com

gallery_4654_541_877753.jpg

The box was almost pristine with very little wear. The VF-25F was a lot heavyer than I expected, but I'm really impressed with it. Just have to wait out on the super pack now.

Hi! First of all forgive my english...

Mine has arrived in perfect conditions from the same seller, but I´m stuck in the very same pose that you linked, because I can´t unlock the hips, so I can´t free the arms, so I cant attempt battroid mode... I´ve seen all the youtube reviews I could found, and in every one of them the "tricky" step seems easy and pretty unchallenging, but I´m afraid that my unit is EXTRA TIGHT... and I don´t know exactly where to apply the pressure, and how much force will be necessary....when I hear any minimum "crack" sound I inmediatly stop, so I cant progress.

Any advice, image or video source would be VERY appreciated.

Anyway, what I can see at the moment is so beatiful and detailed...so far so good.

Mine has arrived in perfect conditions from the same seller, but I´m stuck in the very same pose that you linked, because I can´t unlock the hips, so I can´t free the arms, so I cant attempt battroid mode... I´ve seen all the youtube reviews I could found, and in every one of them the "tricky" step seems easy and pretty unchallenging, but I´m afraid that my unit is EXTRA TIGHT... and I don´t know exactly where to apply the pressure, and how much force will be necessary....when I hear any minimum "crack" sound I inmediatly stop, so I cant progress.

Anyway, what I can see at the moment is so beatiful and detailed...so far so good.

Hey Tugas!

You don't need to unlock the hips to get the arms out. The piece I encircled in red needs to be rotated down. Then unlock the arms from the back pack by pulling them down a little and then simply rotate the shoulders to get them out.

post-4654-0-28887300-1331725116_thumb.jpg

My 25F was SUPER tight as well. It took quite a while for me to work things out where it didn't feel like I was going to snap it in half. Though based on video's some of the other members here have made I appear to be very dainty with my toys compared to most others.

My VF-25S Renewal arrived yesterday and I noticed lots of improvements over the original. The differences are circled in red.

The most obvious are the wings are able to swing completely forward.

post-7534-0-13886000-1332129325_thumb.jpeg

F-25F TopView.jpeg]Surface details are much improved, close to the 1/72 model kit amount of details.

post-7534-0-16701100-1332129387_thumb.jpegpost-7534-0-75082600-1332129404_thumb.jpeg

post-7534-0-07083100-1332129439_thumb.jpegpost-7534-0-83941200-1332129457_thumb.jpeg

The fit and finish are also much tighter closer to lineart or the 1/72 model kit.

post-7534-0-87173800-1332129487_thumb.jpegpost-7534-0-51870100-1332129503_thumb.jpeg

post-7534-0-37732100-1332129645_thumb.jpegpost-7534-0-05283700-1332129630_thumb.jpeg

Other noticeable differences are:

Moveable fingers.

post-7534-0-11128500-1332129920_thumb.jpeg

Improved gunpod with actual ventilation holes and not just black indented marks.

post-7534-0-72344300-1332129972_thumb.jpeg

Overall, the Renewal version weights about the same but with a flatter profile and the gunpod does not require a separate bracket to be attached to the belly.

post-7534-0-28643400-1332130199_thumb.jpegpost-7534-0-72561000-1332130226_thumb.jpeg

Also note the VF-25S has a two seat capability. It also comes with its own SMS display stand. ;)

Hey I noticed you're using flightpose stands. Have you had any issues with the rubber tips leaving marks or anything on painted surfaces? I just recently bought a few but I don't want to experience any problems with the paint job. The undersides of the 25S you have it mounted on are painted.

Hey I noticed you're using flightpose stands. Have you had any issues with the rubber tips leaving marks or anything on painted surfaces? I just recently bought a few but I don't want to experience any problems with the paint job. The undersides of the 25S you have it mounted on are painted.

So far no issues with any valks. Alto's VF-25F has been sitting on the newer 4" Flightpose display for a year now with no residue marks. My older 2.5" display stands have no issues with the Yamato Vf-1s.

I have a 1/72 Millennium Falcon sitting on a 2.5" Flexistand for years with no issues as well.

hi ron.. nice wethering.. care to share the technique?

post-7534-0-54219300-1332175888_thumb.jpeg

Ok...this was how it was weathered.

1) Wipe clean with alcohol of all residue off the valk once out of the box.

2) Mask the canopy and other clear glass parts.

3) Spray a light coating of dull coat (Model Master or Tamiya) on all surfaces.

4) Use Gundam Panel Pencil to trace all panel lines and indentations.

5) Use Tamiya Weather Kit and lightly applied "soot" over panel lines with cotton Q-tips.

6) Re-spray a light layer of dull coat to seal everything in so it would not smudge with normal handling.

The reason to spray a light dull coat before adding panels or weather is to allow the weathering to stick better on the surface. The surfaces on a valk right out of the box is too smooth for weathering to be applied.

Ozma never destroyed his VF-25S throughout the show, so it probably has a lot more weathering and battle scars than Alto's.

Hope this helps.