Experten Wonderfest 2014 Summer Exclusive 1/100 VF-11 MAXL

happy_spike

A lot of people have said that it wouldn't be possible to make the Maxl variant. I've never been a fan of Experten kits, this being no exception, but it does prove that you can get Fighter and Battroid to look pretty close to the animation without any real compromise. With a higher budget and better engineering likely you could get even closer to the animation.

A lot of people have said that it wouldn't be possible to make the Maxl variant. I've never been a fan of Experten kits, this being no exception, but it does prove that you can get Fighter and Battroid to look pretty close to the animation without any real compromise. With a higher budget and better engineering likely you could get even closer to the animation.

As one of those people who said "it couldn't" I must now change my stance to "it could". But still, is it a good idea? Could we get Arcadia to re-issue a standard VF-11 first? Lo-viz?

Edited by Sildani

The detail is impressive for the scale, and I love the heals.I would have thought the white base would have more pink to contrast with the hot pink accents on the shins and upper thighs in Battroid mode.

But that's a minor nitpick. Bring on the 1/60 Arcadia release, please!

Actually, my main gripe is the legs. Too much like a -19's or something, not "feminine" enough---certainly nothing like the line-art etc. And really--why aren't they? The front and sides of the thighs affect very little in fighter mode, and the calves etc would mainly affect the shield-shape (which is quite off from what it should be---it should notably curve inwards in the middle, to make room for the calves)

The calves would also affect the forearms--but again, making it more like the line art. Thinner more concave forearms, to fit alongside the more convex wider calves.

Really, the MAXL design *should* work pretty well as it's drawn--but it's like Experten masculinized it or something. Made everything "straight" instead of curved. Forearms, legs, shield, etc. Way too much like a "thinner -19" rather than the actual battroid shape it should have.

The fighter mode can be altered as much as needed to accomodate the battroid mode---it'd only affect the outline of the shield, and the cut-outs in the delta-wings. The giant delta wing's outer edge defines the entire fighter mode, that's all the MAXL really needs to "look right" in fighter mode.

Count me in the apparent minority that I wish Valks had NO breasts.

-b.

I agree. All Valks are ladies but I don't like full on "oh yeah those are definitely breasteses" on my Valks. I'm ok with some uniboob but I draw the line at a full on pair/mech-bra :D

...but since the damage has been done I'll probably pick one up if Arcadia ever makes one just to be a completionist. But I swear, THAT's all, Kawamori! :)

I agree. All Valks are ladies but I don't like full on "oh yeah those are definitely breasteses" on my Valks. I'm ok with some uniboob but I draw the line at a full on pair/mech-bra :D

...but since the damage has been done I'll probably pick one up if Arcadia ever makes one just to be a completionist. But I swear, THAT's all, Kawamori! :)

:lol:

-b.

Wah, Wah! :p

Although Macross 7 Valkyries are ripe with innuendo, it is functional and fun innuendo. And where standard designs do not always embrace a certain character or flamboyance like the Fire Bomber Valkyries, I think it's great that there a few that do. It reminds me of how ace pilots on all sides dressed up their fighters in WWI.

Edited by technoblue

Enjoy the future:

attachicon.gif140721a.jpg

I think they went a little overboard with the feminine look for her Valkyrie in M7.. it always looked kinda silly. They could have just made her valk a girly color rather than almost completely remodeling it with more curves and boobs..

Boobs.

Faces and Boobs.

Super cool for those that would want an Arcadia made toy, but another ridiculously easy pass for me. :p

-b.

hmmm yep same!

They're a B-Cup at best, dude.

Mylene is only young after all.. hehe! :p

I agree that it could have done without the boobs, but the overly stylised valks is part of the whole pop-rock themed sound force. KISS didn't exactly tone it down did they? I think it's a great idea and even with the mecha-bra I think it's a great design. I think it's great that Kawamori has created a variety of designs that cater to every taste! Not everyone is going to like them all and they don't need to.

I think they went a little overboard with the feminine look for her Valkyrie in M7.. it always looked kinda silly. They could have just made her valk a girly color rather than almost completely remodeling it with more curves and boobs..

I agree, just a pink colored Delta wing 11 would have been good enough.

Mylene is only young after all.. hehe! :p

I grew up in New Mexico, she would have to be under 11 to not have at least a C-cup.