Tamashii Webshop Exclusive RVF-171EX Luca Angeloni

Gakken85

THERE we go. Thank you Bandai, web exclusives for everything, please.

I kinda hope the elint gear is removeable though, just because I'd like a standard EX with the green stripes. :p

Just hope NY pulls their heads out of whatever hole they've buried them in for now, and get with the websclusive order delivery.

Edited by Chronocidal

As floppy as the regular 171 was... adding a dish and fin to it seems like a bad idea...

I'd consider it if I knew the triangles were fixed.

Edited by Gakken85

The Alto 171 is just fine. the CF's were the ones with the huge issues. Let's just hope they went back to the Alto Plastic as my altos are all intact.

not gonna bother with buying any extra parts for luca. I have three boxes of CF-171 packs I'm not using and will just tack the armor on those :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

Well look what we have here! Everyone will be happy it's a webshop exclusive! :wub::wub::wub:

yeah, it's definitely good for people to be able to get their hands on one. bad if you want this to have any value. i like scarce...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

yeah, it's definitely good for people to be able to get their hands on one. bad if you want this to have any value. i like scarce...

Tamashii webshop items can definitely be scarce as they are never ever ever ever ever reiussued and the cost can go really high.

Alto YF-29 packs anyone?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Tamashii webshop items can definitely be scarce as they are never ever ever ever ever reiussued and the cost can go really high.

Alto YF-29 packs anyone?

good point. but i'm thinking not many got the alto 29 at the time, bc of shortage of preorders and so only a few ordered the alto 29 supers when they were avail though they were tamashii webshop exclusives. plus nippon yasan was not that big yet so people had to do group buys or proxy's.

and the reverse of that is the ozma 25s super parts which are plenty and have not gone up in value, looking at isamu's 29, i think there are so many out there the value has not gone up though it's a hero valk.

There's also the fact that at the time the Alto YF-29 came out, Bandai was just coming off the disaster that was the v.1 DX VF-25, and I don't think anyone actually trusted them to make a decent product yet. I don't remember the original release of the YF-29 being in any kind of demand.

That really didn't change until the Alto VF-25 came out, because even the original Ozma release had multiple preorder windows. Once it came out, and people realized Bandai could make a decent valk, the preorder madness began, and the market went into a tizzy over anything Bandai released.

There's also the fact that at the time the Alto YF-29 came out, Bandai was just coming off the disaster that was the v.1 DX VF-25, and I don't think anyone actually trusted them to make a decent product yet. I don't remember the original release of the YF-29 being in any kind of demand.

That really didn't change until the Alto VF-25 came out, because even the original Ozma release had multiple preorder windows. Once it came out, and people realized Bandai could make a decent valk, the preorder madness began, and the market went into a tizzy over anything Bandai released.

Kinda makes me wish I ordered like 50 ozzies back then to fund my collecting now lol

kinda wish i wasn't so late to the Frontier boat... while I've gotten mostly what I wanted, I'm still short of 3 x Ozma for my collection. Might skip this to make room for their potential re-release and the 2 x YF-30s I've got coming later.

How does a webshop exclusive order work? Do you pay up front, or when it's shipped? Thanks!

Just wait until Nippon Yassan opens the preorders for the RVF-171EX -- they've carried every single Tamashii Webshop exclusive in the Frontier line to date. At checkout, choose Pay Later, and they'll invoice you about 2 weeks prior to release and include a pay-by date. There is absolutely zero reason to fret over webshop exclusives from Bandai as they're readily available for preorder several months in advance of release, and easy to secure from several sources; and there is zero reason to pay upfront if you go with N-Y.

Very cool. I'll go for it. Two perfectly good Alto's and one bad CF mean the odds are still decent this one won't explode, plus I really like the Color scheme and Elint models in general (I wish we also had VF-11 and 17 Elints as well.) There definitely won't be a gun attached in fighter, that fin is right in the way. Though I am wondering, other then needing a new backplate for the Radome, if they aren't using the additional plug in the front for the antenna. If so, that could mean eventually the fin will fall out or become loose, it also may not hold well in Battroid mode.

I kinda want two of these as well, as I think the scheme would look great without all of the Elint gear. Having a standard green plus Radomed-up green flanking my Alto would look good, I think.

Also, are they going to have one of these out at any trade shows before hand? Can anybody inquire to a Bandai employee about the POS triangles?

Edited by Mommar

Can they...make the CF RVF-171... ? I would definitely hope so.

I'm undecided at this stage. Might give it a go, haven't decided. Im not a huge fan of Luca, the 171 or Recon domes and antenna fighters.... so all three makes me hesitate a bit.

It's opposite for me though :rolleyes: damn radomes get me excited :D

Edited by close313

After a few decent Bandai releases (VF-25A, YF-29 Isamu) I received my YF-19 Arcadia and decided to further support Arcadia for their very high quality and the headache-free pre-orderings !

I will do exceptions for Bandai's new molds like the YF-30, but Arcadia has now my entire attention!

Yep there probably will be a RVF-171 after the RVF-171EX.

I kinda hope so. It'd be nice if they did a gray striping 171EX too, for that matter since I know I don't have the ability to really customize things like this. I was *overjoyed* at this announcement. This may put an end to wanting an RVF-25 since this is a much sexier recon VF from the same series. I always really loved the color scheme since it's like the 171CF's colors, just altered to match the 171EX's mostly white livery. To that end, I too am kind of tempted to get two; one with and one without the recon gear, but we'll see. For as much as the triangles might potentially be an issue, I'm never taking it out of Fighter mode so I don't think I'm TOO worried.

Wow they actually did it! I was hoping this would happen, but like many others I am scared of the triangles. I might be down for 2. Does anyone have Bandai connections? I would love to know if they fixed the triangle issues.

I kinda hope so. It'd be nice if they did a gray striping 171EX too, for that matter since I know I don't have the ability to really customize things like this. I was *overjoyed* at this announcement. This may put an end to wanting an RVF-25 since this is a much sexier recon VF from the same series. I always really loved the color scheme since it's like the 171CF's colors, just altered to match the 171EX's mostly white livery. To that end, I too am kind of tempted to get two; one with and one without the recon gear, but we'll see. For as much as the triangles might potentially be an issue, I'm never taking it out of Fighter mode so I don't think I'm TOO worried.

I am thinking that the triangles have more pressure applied to them in fighter mode causing the cracks. I could be wrong, but the 3 171 CF's I have are fine. I went straight to battroid mode on them to check QC and have left them there and have not detected the cracked triangles. I will check on them at a later date to see if they exploded just from being in battroid mode.