Tamashii Online Exclusive DX Chogokin Tornado Parts for VF25F/G

IXTL

finally scored one when NY re-stocked. bit of a premium, but oh well..

i really thought i had pre-ordered it and was waiting and waiting for the payment request. no wonder it never came.

with so much stuff on pre-order and wish lists, i could sure use an app to help keep track. even better if it's a chrome extension. have you guys heard of such a thing?

12.jpg

looks like there is not enough ground clearance.the lower fins on the VTOL is touching the ground

The Tornado parts certainly do look very cool especially in fighter mode. From what I can see due to the top heavy nature of these parts, having the 25 mounted on a display stand is gonna be a requirement if posed in gerwalk or battroid modes.. Gotta say though after getting the armored parts for Ozma (which I do really love!) I think I'll give buying anymore of these big add on part sets a miss. I even canceled the Michael supers I had ordered..

Edited by spanner76

The Tornado parts certainly do look very cool especially in fighter mode. From what I can see due to the top heavy nature of these parts, having the 25 mounted on a display stand is gonna be a requirement if posed in gerwalk or battroid modes.. Gotta say though after getting the armored parts for Ozma (which I really love) I think I'll give buying anymore of these big add part sets a miss. I even canceled the Michael supers I had ordered..

The battroid mount with this kit is a little unstable due to the added weight. Not forgetting the stress on the wings hinges. It will need added support. Bandai should have included one.

The battroid mount with this kit is a little unstable due to the added weight. Not forgetting the stress on the wings hinges. It will need added support. Bandai should have included one.

Indeed the stresses of the extra weight and potential loosening of the already highly compromised joints is of great concern.. nobody wants to display a difficult floppy unbalanced mess..

You'd think that Bandai would've taken these factors into account but I guess the bulk of the parts and keeping them as faithful to the anime as possible took precedence over that..

Indeed the stresses of the extra weight and potential loosening of the already highly compromised joints is of great concern.. nobody wants to display a difficult floppy unbalanced mess..

You'd think that Bandai would've taken these factors into account but I guess the bulk of the parts and keeping them as faithful to the anime as possible took precedence over that..

Considering everything about the V2's was designed after all of these expansion parts were revealed there should have been zero surprise for things they took into account and it looks like they still didn't.

I tried the above pose but pulling the front and back closer together and achieved at putting the tail to the bottom. Bandai should have added extra length to the tail extension. Transformed mine to Battroid.

Dynamic pose.

1606967_10152312058152861_46654202987134

Did I missed something? In this photo the tail touch the bottom. Maybe I need to pull down the shoulder hinge further to achieve this.

hobbyshop2go-DX-Chogokin-VF-25F-Messiah-

If you missed something, so did I. I tried to get it in that same pose when I was taking pics. I was able to get the tail support extension to touch the ground when foot extension was collapsed into the leg. Judging from this pic, it appears the torso is rotated towards the back a bit.

I tried the above pose but pulling the front and back closer together and achieved at putting the tail to the bottom. Bandai should have added extra length to the tail extension. Transformed mine to Battroid.

Dynamic pose.

1606967_10152312058152861_46654202987134

Great pose!!

Edited by Saburo

If you missed something, so did I. I was tried to get it in that same pose when I was taking pics. I was able to get the tail support extension to touch the ground when foot extension was collapsed into the leg. Judging from this pic, it appears the torso is rotated towards the back a bit.

Great pose!!

Thanks Saburo. That's a big compliment coming from great photographer. Also I tried collapsing the legs as well but it looks funny short.

So how are those wing hinges feeling in Battroid without the extra missile pods and attachments for the intakes?

The hinges feel sturdy even when the pods and intake covers on. Time will tell when the wing hinges will become loose and crack from the stress put on them. The VTOL parts stays firm in this mode as well.

Edited by KH355hamdi

Finally got around to gerwalk mode with the included brace. It is not as annoying as I originally thought it would be. I keep all of my DX stand pieces in the same container...for reasons... I am not sure if it came with the adapter for the back of the stand I am using or if it came with one of the super parts set. Works very well, though.

KosYiQ2l.jpg

xSRGYXPl.jpg

XUie7qLl.jpg

9XsLaS9l.jpg

isV3R52l.jpg

nYfXCc4l.jpg

Finally got around to gerwalk mode with the included brace. It is not as annoying as I originally thought it would be. I keep all of my DX stand pieces in the same container...for reasons... I am not sure if it came with the adapter for the back of the stand I am using or if it came with one of the super parts set. Works very well, though.

nYfXCc4l.jpg

I really like this shot. Oh and the stand is making its appearance again. :)

I really like this shot. Oh and the stand is making its appearance again. :)

Thanks. Just using my note 3. Trying to set up a decent area to shoot video/pictures.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

xSRGYXPl.jpg

This pic is awesome.

I was wondering if anyone would notice :) The gunmetal gunpods look so much better. :D

Yeah, it may not be how it's pictured in the show, but the gunmetal gunpod looks better with the -F and the purple actually looks decent with the -A and it's armor, due to all of the other muted colors.

Great shot CY! Having minimal retouching is always a good thing. Can't wait till the stand get its own photo shoot. :)

Thanks. Just trying to see how far I could get in camera. I am a CG artist by trade. No stranger to retouching post.

Thanks. Just trying to see how far I could get in camera. I am a CG artist by trade. No stranger to retouching post.

I dust off my figures and wipe down the base before and during the time I am taking pics, but there always seems to be dust on the base. haha

Finally arrived. Can't start playing with it til tomorrow though :(

Don't worry it will be tomorrow soon enough. Post your pics. :)

Don't worry Loop. August is just a day away. Plus we still have the YF-30 to keep you busy while you wait. c",) Yeeesh, I still haven't had a chance to transform mine into Gerwalk or Battroid.

Man looking at all of your pics in this thread is killing me. I have to wait for the Michael Tornados before NY will ship them. I knew this when I ordered and felt I could wait it out lol.

I did the exact same thing Loop. I went to Saburo's place and he had the tornado armor on his Alto and it looked great. I can't wait now for the Michael armor to ship now

I did the exact same thing Loop. I went to Saburo's place and he had the tornado armor on his Alto and it looked great. I can't wait now for the Michael armor to ship now

I'm stuck in that position too. Hopefully NY doesn't bone us and lose the Alto parts we've all already paid for.

Picked mine up two days ago...haven't had a chance to put em on yet but they looks fab. Saburo, you been mixing armour sets yet? Any chance to see a bit of the supers and tornadoes together? :D

I haven't gotten too far into mixing sets. I did place the Super parts chest armor on the Tornado, and placing the Tornado canons on the a Super. I'll see what I can do this weekend.

I placed the chest armor, shoulder missiles & hip-intake covers from the super set onto the the tornado set - looks bad ass as well as giving it a more well-rounded look.

I am going to have to try this configuration out.

If anyone has done some armor mixing, pleae post pics of your armor configurations! :D