Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

the original promo pictures didn't have it either:

*snip*

True. The original promo photos doesn't have it. But we already found out that they were cheating on those. They put some 'tack' in between the folded nosecone and the coreblock. Once the nosecone is flip towards the back it just droops. I documented this a few pages back. Basically, it really needed that support clip to keep the nosecone in place and not to be droopy. :unsure:

Here's my post on Page 57:

Ok, so I rewatched again the video from antibiotictab with fresh-rested eyes. Just to confirm, heck, to convince myself if the Battroid Support Parts is necessarily to use or just an added option part, well, to pretty hold everything in place. OR worst if it's just a late-added part or an afterthought when they noticed that the nosecone will not hold in place. :mellow:

And here's what I've noticed:

attachicon.gifnosecone_snapshot_01.jpg attachicon.gifnosecone_snapshot_02.jpg attachicon.gifnosecone_snapshot_03.jpg attachicon.gifnosecone_snapshot_04.jpgattachicon.gifnosecone_snapshot_05.jpg attachicon.gifnosecone_snapshot_06.jpg attachicon.gifnosecone_snapshot_07.jpg attachicon.gifnosecone_snapshot_08.jpg attachicon.gifnosecone_snapshot_09.jpg attachicon.gifnosecone_snapshot_10.jpg attachicon.gifnosecone_snapshot_11.jpg

After seeing it and thinking about it, I'm still glad that Bandai did something before the product is released. Even if this is an afterthought or late-added option, I'm still glad they did even if it's kinda let down. Since I'm paying for an expensive toy, I just want it to be perfect, but hey, as life have thought me... there's nothing perfect in this world. ^_^

By the way, I'm still looking forward to see what kind of Option Parts they will offer soon. :rolleyes:

Unless they do something first on the nosecone to attach on the coreblock without using the bracket before its releases which I doubt will happen sooner since the release date is just around the corner.

Yeah Amiami usually sends the payment requests when they actually have the product on hand. And if you pay immediately, they usually ship out the next day.

They recently started requesting payment a week in advance but the good news is they ship it a day earlier compared to before since they can process the payment well before the items are in stock. :D

That one one of a few things I was considering trying when my two come in.

I like how people are already suggesting fixes for a problem which we don't even know exists outside of rampant paranoid speculation based on a single untranslated demo video. instead of a bracket bandai should be packing tinfoil hats with each of these things. :p

I like how people are already suggesting fixes for a problem which we don't even know exists outside of rampant paranoid speculation based on a single untranslated demo video. instead of a bracket bandai should be packing tinfoil hats with each of these things. :p

We've seen a clamp and the continually floppy nose cone. What exactly do you think is going to change in less than two weeks?

We've seen a clamp and the continually floppy nose cone. What exactly do you think is going to change in less than two weeks?

It'll turn out that the guy was just transforming it wrong in the video, and the bracket serves a completely different purpose or is purely optional like the crotch support that comes with the VF-27/VF-25 tornado parts?

No tinfoil hats! Just wondering in case it turns out the way it's been presented recently. I did say I'm gonna enjoy the hell outta them regardless.

It'll turn out that the guy was just transforming it wrong in the video, and the bracket serves a completely different purpose or is purely optional like the crotch support that comes with the VF-27/VF-25 tornado parts?

I hope you're right. But I doubt it. Two-ish weeks we'll know.

I'm gonna break my "be patient and SAL it" rule and gonna EMS this baby up when Amiami shoots me with the payment request.Then I will have a delta wing to fiddle with till the release of the 0D. In my history of collecting Macross, this will be my first valk mold that is the first of it's kind, so to speak. So I'm very excited even with the envisaged problems.

We're tantalizingly near the release...just over a week to go! How's AmiAmi on shipping? They take forever to get the goods out or not?

They're quite fast when it comes to shipping. Even faster now since we have to pay a week in advance. Speaking of which, amiami hasn't sent out payment requests yet. That's weird.

Hmmmm. Not sure if I should re-order the one I cancelled (was going to change the shipping address but now I don't know if I should, CDJ policies :X).

It happened to me last time. I just email NY about the change of address and they charged me the difference in shipping.

It happened to me last time. I just email NY about the change of address and they charged me the difference in shipping.

CDJ has to cancel the order to make just about any changes really. Thinking hard now whether or not I should get the last one back :X

Yes.

OK. I had seen the vid showing the official transformation on the monitor, but I hadn't seen this one yet. No brace shown, but the nose was drooping. Not as bad and floppy as the other video shows where the guy kept trying to hold it up.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

A week from now? Nice. Looking forward to members who will get theirs immediately since I picked the regular shipping method with tracking just to save a few bucks. I'm excited to get it ASAP but my logical thinking kinda steps in. Already paid for this months ago so I'm good to go. It's something to look forward too just in case I can't get a MSRP priced VF-25S for the next couple of days. And my logical self also tells me if ever I get the chance on getting a VF-25S, choose the regular shipping with tracking as well. ^_^

Trying to decide if I want to grab one ad CDJ or wait for HLJ to open up.

If the price is good or as same as to other stores, better get it than feel bad later on if ever price goes up. And just use the Registered SAL to save some few bucks. ;)

Don't like it enough to have two.. and the batroid is kind of ... silly looking haha.

With my points its a pretty good buy at CDJ... like 213 with registered air mail?

Edited by Gakken85

You said you already have 3 at HLJ.

why do you need more? haha.

Gonna build a yf-30 squad?

If you're talking to me I HAD 3 at CDJ and cancelled one since I wanted it shipped elsewhere. With CDJ u have to cancel then reorder to fix anything so had to do it. Haven't reordered the last one yet so was thinking of waiting for HLJ to open one for cheaper EMS.

*side note* Going through all this on CDJ now because the current PO for the 30s is 1 per household so I'ma have to put the order in a new account under someone elses name. It didn't let me checkout my last one (the re-order) so I'm sitting here thinking whether or not I'll even bother.

Edited by ULessa