DX Chogokin RVF-25 Renewal Version

IXTL

Lol, wasn't trying to troll you- just asking what I think is a legitimate question. I thought I recalled someone on the board saying that they asked the owner or management of NY the dates for the RVF-25 pre-order. Maybe they replied...

I didn't think you were trolling, so no worries. I saw that too...wasn't it in the VF-171 CF thread?

In response to some of the recent posts, the RVF-25 is not due out soon. The pre-orders for April Tamashii releases have all gone out and the RVF is not among them. If it is to be released in May, the pre-order for it would only go up at the start of Feb. Bandai also sends out solicits and updates their website before online retailers begin pre-orders, so if you're keeping up, you'd know that it was coming.

The RVF was displayed at Tamashii Nations 2012, an annual event showcasing upcoming Bandai products under the Tamashii banner. Other MF items like the S.H. MonsterArts Vajra and VF-27 with Super Pack were also shown. These are items that Bandai plan to release in 2013, it does not mean that they would all be released together.

Regarding asking NY's owner about the release for the RVF, unless he knows people working at Bandai who plan the release schedule, his knowledge of it would be the same as any other retailer. That would be when Bandai sends out solicits.

Edited by IXTL

In response to some of the recent posts, the RVF-25 is not due out soon. The pre-orders for April Tamashii releases have all gone out and the RVF is not among them. If it is to be released in May, the pre-order for it would only go up at the start of Feb. Bandai also sends out solicits and updates their website before online retailers begin pre-orders, so if you're keeping up, you'd know that it was coming.

The RVF was displayed at Tamashii Nations 2012, an annual event showcasing upcoming Bandai products under the Tamashii banner. Other MF items like the S.H. MonsterArts Vajra and VF-27 with Super Pack were also shown. These are items that Bandai plan to release in 2013, it does not mean that they would all be released together.

Regarding asking NY's owner about the release for the RVF, unless he knows people working at Bandai who plan the release schedule, his knowledge of it would be the same as any other retailer. That would be when Bandai sends out solicits.

I think most of us here DO keep up, incessantly so in fact. But the way preorders spring up is insane. And Bandai isn't sending out solicitations for these; the unfulfillable demand clearly indicates that Bandai is informing retailers exactly how many they are getting and the preorders sell out almost instantly. This is different from the VF-4G where Yamato did in fact take solicitations for preorders thus it was orderable for quite a while.

I was referring to solicits to retailers and not consumers. VF-4G is not comparable, it is an exclusive toy meant for direct sale to Japanese consumers and not to retailers through the usual wholesale/distribution channels. If you're going to compare the VF-4G to anything, then do it with the Tamashii Web shop exclusive parts.

We knew the VF-171 CF was coming, pre-orders did not pop up without Bandai announcing the release date etc. It was updated on the Tamashii website a week before the pre-orders were up. Various hobby sites all picked up and reported it too.

Edited by IXTL

I was referring to solicits to retailers and not consumers. VF-4G is not comparable, it is an exclusive toy meant for direct sale to Japanese consumers and not to retailers through the usual wholesale/distribution channels. If you're going to compare the VF-4G to anything, then do it with the Tamashii Web shop exclusive parts.

We knew the VF-171 CF was coming, pre-orders did not pop up without Bandai announcing the release date etc. It was updated on the Tamashii website a week before the pre-orders were up. Various hobby sites all picked up and reported it too.

Except that the VF-4G was offered directly to multiple shops who had preorders open for extended periods of time, closed them, and later opened up even more. But whatever.

Yes we knew the 171 CF was coming, but there was no formal announcement as to when it was going up for preorders; just a webforum-I-heard-it-through-the-grapevine expectation that it was happening when it did. It was NOT up on the Tamashii website, nor sites like Tomopop, Collectiondx, etc that it was going on sale when it did. That's what we are talking about. The fact that if you have a life for more than 5 minutes you can miss a preorder; hence with the YF-29 30th reissue and 171 CF blitz the other night people are understandably edgy about when the other might go up for order.

Except that the VF-4G was offered directly to multiple shops who had preorders open for extended periods of time, closed them, and later opened up even more. But whatever.

Yes we knew the 171 CF was coming, but there was no formal announcement as to when it was going up for preorders; just a webforum-I-heard-it-through-the-grapevine expectation that it was happening when it did. It was NOT up on the Tamashii website, nor sites like Tomopop, Collectiondx, etc that it was going on sale when it did. That's what we are talking about. The fact that if you have a life for more than 5 minutes you can miss a preorder; hence with the YF-29 30th reissue and 171 CF blitz the other night people are understandably edgy about when the other might go up for order.

You know, no offense, but perhaps you can give the Bandai business practice/preorder bashing/ranting a rest? It's okay to voice out your complaints but I think almost everyone on this board already knows the situation and how you feel about it from the multiple posts you have already made. I feel that it's starting to get excessive to the point it's tiring.

Regardless of how entitled you or any of us may feel about being able to obtain these products, I do recall that these Macross toys are really meant for sale within Japan only. Thus the reason why Bandai targets the Japanese market/demographic. We should just thank the fact that we have been able to purchase them outside of Japan thus far.

In the end, if you really want it, then you either:

1) Stalk the sites that offer discounted prices

2) Purchase through other vendors (such as Nippon-Yasan) at retail or higher prices, but are relatively easier to secure

3) Get through ebay

4) Purchase from another forum member

You can't demand or expect for things to go your way all the time (e.g cheap prices AND being easy to obtain). That's just being immature, especially when you understand that these products are not meant for distribution outside Japan.

<snip>

Yes. Please do dial it back a little bit. Your posts have been starting to become very predictable and you don't have that many here. I've read the same point way too many times already.

Haha...I saw this thread at the top and for a moment panicked thinking they'd gone up for preorder and I'd already missed out. Oh Bandai..,how you treat us like $2 whores...

Admit it deep in your heart you don't want it any other way! :p

Interesting. I never seem to hear any chatter about when pre-orders go up and i generally surf the sites/blogs a lot. So the general rule with Bandai releases are pre-orders are taken 4 months prior to the release date?

Yeah sure someone mentioned that pre-orders would go up on Monday/Tuesday but that's no use. Due to the time-shift I was working at the time the pre-order went up. And I can't sit there and refresh the website ever 5 seconds if I don't want to be fired :p . I checked amiami/NY/HLJ twice that day (during a break) and the first time there was no pre-order and then they were sold out.

The problem is not the missing knowledge of when the pre-order will appear. The problems are the narrow time windows and the time when they go if your not in the Asian time zone.

You know, no offense, but perhaps you can give the Bandai business practice/preorder bashing/ranting a rest? It's okay to voice out your complaints but I think almost everyone on this board already knows the situation and how you feel about it from the multiple posts you have already made. I feel that it's starting to get excessive to the point it's tiring.

Regardless of how entitled you or any of us may feel about being able to obtain these products, I do recall that these Macross toys are really meant for sale within Japan only. Thus the reason why Bandai targets the Japanese market/demographic. We should just thank the fact that we have been able to purchase them outside of Japan thus far.

In the end, if you really want it, then you either:

1) Stalk the sites that offer discounted prices

2) Purchase through other vendors (such as Nippon-Yasan) at retail or higher prices, but are relatively easier to secure

3) Get through ebay

4) Purchase from another forum member

You can't demand or expect for things to go your way all the time (e.g cheap prices AND being easy to obtain). That's just being immature, especially when you understand that these products are not meant for distribution outside Japan.

Yes. Please do dial it back a little bit. Your posts have been starting to become very predictable and you don't have that many here. I've read the same point way too many times already.

Actually if you look at my posts on this page I wasn't attacking Bandai or even complaining about them. I was clarifying to IXTL about his somewhat snarky comment that "if you're keeping up, you'd know that it was coming". I think everyone here qualifies as "keeping up" just from being here and keeping abreast of the news. IXTL also made completely inaccurate statements about solicits to retailers. Bandai is NOT taking solicitations from retailers, they are simply informing retailers of their exact qty regardless of how many more the retailers want. If they were actually taking solicitations these items would be available for preorder for an extended time, just like the VF4 or any recent Yamato release. Obviously IXTL has never run a business and worked with vendors or he would have understood the difference. If you actually READ my posts you will see I was not attacking Bandai. I was merely pointing out that IXTL's comments were wrong and douchey to boot. Please reread them before making inaccurate statements about me. If you need help perhaps you should consult this source to help you improve your basic reading comprehension skills:

http://www.superteac...prehension.html

So now that we have learned to read and comprehend what has been stated maybe you should go back over the last two pages and see that I wasn't attacking Bandai in any way. I guess the "worst" thing I said was..."And Bandai isn't sending out solicitations for these; the unfulfillable demand clearly indicates that Bandai is informing retailers exactly how many they are getting and the preorders sell out almost instantly. This is different from the VF-4G where Yamato did in fact take solicitations for preorders thus it was orderable for quite a while." OMG....I said there's unfulfillable demand for their products...oh the horror! As you can clearly see, now that you've had your 5th grade reading comprehension review, that I was comparing the differences between how Yamato is operating, wherein a web exclusive limited item can be preordered for several months, and the way Bandai operates, wherein items can only be preordered for ~1 minute or so per vendor. If you consider this attacking Bandai then you need to again review the reading comprehension exercises at the above link.

Man, I just gotta smile every time Lupin posts. I thought he was happy go lucky like in the movies but damn...so hostile :(

People would be willing to listen if he didn't do all the unnecessary name-calling or saying things like "now that you've had your 5th grade reading comprehension review"...

Edited by xrentonx

IXTL does come off a bit high handed to be fair. I'm pretty easy going so I'm not too fussed with how things are written on the board for the most part but I can see why Lupin's not happy with this style of approach. MW is one of my favourite boards to visit and enjoy the news and banter- the help and knowledge is great seeing as there's so little of it available in Australia. I'm sure we can all get along.

At the end of the day, even though I'm not happy with the difficulty of acquiring what I want from Bandai due to their approach; it's still a hobby. If the biggest problem I have is difficulty finding a toy that I want, surely life can't be too bad, could it?

Man, I just gotta smile every time Lupin posts. I thought he was happy go lucky like in the movies but damn...so hostile :(

People would be willing to listen if he didn't do all the unnecessary name-calling or saying things like "now that you've had your 5th grade reading comprehension review"...

So in other words you can make false accusations against me but I am not allowed to clarify when you are wrong? Thanks for clearing that up! Apparently I'm also not allowed to respond with a bit of sarcasm over the fact that you CLEARLY STILL HAVE NOT READ MY POSTS. Honestly...how is this so difficult? I have not said a single negative thing about Bandai in this thread. How about you actually read my posts? Seriously is that too difficult for you? READ MY POSTS THERE IS NOTHING NEGATIVE! Pointing at a cat and saying "That's a dog" doesn't make it true because you want it to be...I am stunned that this is so confusing for you. Here, let me go ahead and save you some time by writing your next post for you using falsities as you continue to do....

The sky is red! Yes it is! It is not blue, it is red because I have said so.

...there, xrentonx's "conversations" summarized in a fraction of the word count, now we can all move along with our lives.

Seriously. We all have a right to express our opinions on things, but please guys, stop talking crap about each other.

Now back on topic.

I really need this to finish off my squad. I wonder how they are going to handle the ghosts and super parts for this release, if they do at all. I'm still waiting for a 25G SP announcement....

So in other words you can make false accusations against me but I am not allowed to clarify when you are wrong? Thanks for clearing that up! Apparently I'm also not allowed to respond with a bit of sarcasm over the fact that you CLEARLY STILL HAVE NOT READ MY POSTS. Honestly...how is this so difficult? I have not said a single negative thing about Bandai in this thread. How about you actually read my posts? Seriously is that too difficult for you? READ MY POSTS THERE IS NOTHING NEGATIVE! Pointing at a cat and saying "That's a dog" doesn't make it true because you want it to be...I am stunned that this is so confusing for you. Here, let me go ahead and save you some time by writing your next post for you using falsities as you continue to do....

...there, xrentonx's "conversations" summarized in a fraction of the word count, now we can all move along with our lives.

Oh, you! :wub:

I'm gonna let the mods handle this one...

Getting back on topic, are they gonna release the Super packs for the 25G after this one or what? Seems like it's waaaay over due.

My theory on the super packs is that they will sell RVF-25 and VF-25G super packs at the same time like they did Ozma/Alto. Sooooo.... you won't see news about the VF-25G super parts until just prior to the release of the RVF-25.

Possibly summer?

When I look at different vf-25 toys on internet.

In my opinion:

vf-25F looks the best is battroid mode with super parts

vf-25S looks the best is battroid mode with armored parts

vf-25G looks the best is battroid mode in sniper pose without any extra parts

Rvf-25 looks the best is fighter mode with a plate thingy on the back follows by 2-3 ghost drone fighters

How about u guys?

Right now, I am too late to get a vf-25F, a vf-25S and a vf-25G. I am not willing to pay for 2-3 times of the retail price.

Hopefully I will be able to buy a Rvf-25 for the retail price or less this year.

Edited by MacrossChiu

I may be in the minority here, but I tend to think the super and armor parts look a bit....busy in Frontier. That's not to say I may not opt for some on my G, but we'll see.

As for RVF....it looks really really good. My G is somewhere between Osaka and here, so my impressions of that will probably influence my decision to try and snag a pre-order for this guy. The pilot of the RFV I can take or leave (I can't even recall his name atm) but I like these Valks with less traditional heads.

When I look at different vf-25 toys on internet.

In my opinion:

vf-25F looks the best is battroid mode with super parts

vf-25S looks the best is battroid mode with armored parts

vf-25G looks the best is battroid mode in sniper pose without any extra parts

Rvf-25 looks the best is fighter mode with a plate thingy on the back follows by 2-3 ghost drone fighters

How about u guys?

Right now, I am too late to get a vf-25F, a vf-25S and a vf-25G. I am not willing to pay for 2-3 times of the retail price.

Hopefully I will be able to buy a Rvf-25 for the retail price or less this year.

Totally agree. It looks awesome in fighter mode.