Post a pic of your absolute favorite Macross toy

drkstar00

Yes. the VF-25S really takes the cake as the most sought after Hero VF-25. I broke the bank getting mine, I was lucky to have found a nice Armored Pack for sale here on the boards.

Dont worry, no3ljm. You'll find one.

At the very least you arent pining for a VF-4. You cant get one of those unless you take out a second mortgage.

Tell me about it...

-b.

Yes. the VF-25S really takes the cake as the most sought after Hero VF-25. I broke the bank getting mine, I was lucky to have found a nice Armored Pack for sale here on the boards.

Tell me about it...

Can't disagree on this one.. my 25S & Armor parts cost me $600 between them! The Armor parts alone cost me more than Luca, CF & Prophecy (each, not together) did!

At the very least you arent pining for a VF-4. You cant get one of those unless you take out a second mortgage.

I don't even want to think about getting a VF-4 for myself, I would be happy enough to take photos of one. :)

Can't disagree on this one.. my 25S & Armor parts cost me $600 between them! The Armor parts alone cost me more than Luca, CF & Prophecy (each, not together) did!

Yes the VF-25S is a serious amount and then throw in Armored Parts set you are in on the deep end, I am glad I was able to get one. I swear, when I opened the box a pillar of light shot out from it to the skies! :lol:

Edited by Saburo

Hey you're not in the boat alone

Just 1 unit is all I'm asking. No plans on buying multiple VF-25's. Besides, I don't want to pay that much for VF-25S knowing that I will change the yellow stripes to red. So might as well wait for a reissue or unless there's some good samaritan out there who's going to sell his for a good price. :rolleyes:

Thanks XFJ-01A. I always think positive for the VF-25S. But if there's none, I'm still good. ;) The prices I see on Mandarake for the VF-25S is crazy. With that amount, I could just save add more and look for that VF-4G instead. :lol: Though I need to sell some organs to get that VF-4G. Hahaha!

Tell me about it...

-b.

You have 3 VF-4G's, right? ^_^

Wow. :blink: I remember there was that Y70000 something over Mandarake that has all the packs. Can't believe it was already sold. Did anyone from this board get that? :ph34r:

I don't even what to think about getting a VF-4 for myself, I would be happy enough to take photos of one. :)

Yes the VF-25S is a serious amount and then throw in Armored Parts set you are in on the deep end, I am glad I was able to get one. I swear I when I opened the box a pillar of light shot out from it to the skies! :lol:

I know that feeling too, Saburo. Esp everytime I received packages. ^_^

And as for you taking photos of a VF-4G... any volunteers? :lol:

Yes the VF-25S is a serious amount and then throw in Armored Parts set you are in on the deep end, I am glad I was able to get one. I swear I when I opened the box a pillar of light shot out from it to the skies! :lol:

hehehe!! Saburo I giggled like a school girl for a good solid 15 minutes after reading this part! :p:D

Same here. I paid $400 for the renewal VF-25S and $200 for his armor parts excluding shipping. That was back in 2012 from eBay. That's when the craziness started.

Edited by KH355hamdi

*snip*

I know that feeling too, Saburo. Esp everytime I received packages. ^_^

And as for you taking photos of a VF-4G... any volunteers? :lol:

I have some friends who want me to take pics of some of their toys/figures, there might be a few Valks in there. ;)

Stay tuned. :D

Edited by Saburo

*snip*

You have 3 VF-4G's, right? ^_^

*snip*

Yes sir, and as much as I want to wear that as a badge of honor I'm still paying the credit card bill so it's more like a scarlet letter D. For debt, :lol:.

And as much as the 4G has grown on me, once those Tornado Parts arrive for my 25F that will be my (current) favorite.

-b.

I have some friends who want me to take pics of some of their toys/figures, there might be a few Valks in there. ;)

Stay tuned. :D

Cool! Looking forward to it. ^_^

Yes sir, and as much as I want to wear that as a badge of honor I'm still paying the credit card bill so it's more like a scarlet letter D. For debt, :lol:.

And as much as the 4G has grown on me, once those Tornado Parts arrive for my 25F that will be my (current) favorite.

-b.

25F Tornado will be your current favorite? Hmmm... That's one less 4G now... Care to sell one of those 4G's to me? Hahahaha! :lol:

Same here. I paid $400 for the renewal VF-25S and $200 for his armor parts excluding shipping. That was back in 2012 from eBay. That's when the craziness started.

Yeah was on or about's that time the prices really started to hike up.. prices had started to rise considerably then I started to panic! The most expensive individual Valkyrie I've purchased so far was the mass production VF-1J.. $550 (no regrets though), then Hikaru's J & the VF-4 at about $500 each.. my VF-1D was about $450 then Ozma $400, then Micheal & VE-1 $350ish etc etc.. its been a costly & bumpy road to get this far and there is no end in sight! But I say bring it on!

Cool! Looking forward to it. ^_^

25F Tornado will be your current favorite? Hmmm... That's one less 4G now... Care to sell one of those 4G's to me? Hahahaha! :lol:

:ph34r:

Yeah was on or about's that time the prices really started to hike up.. prices had started to rise considerably then I started to panic! The most expensive individual Valkyrie I've purchased so far was the mass production VF-1J.. $550 (no regrets though), then Hikaru's J & the VF-4 at about $500 each.. my VF-1D was about $450 then Ozma $400, then Micheal & VE-1 $350ish etc etc.. its been a costly & bumpy road to get this far and there is no end in sight! But I say bring it on!

OUCH. OUCH. Ouch. OUCH. OUCH. OUCH and ouch.

-b.

Wow. :blink:

How's your wallet so far? Hope it's not bleeding. ^_^

Collecting valks is bad news for your wallet.

Pew pew.

pew pew alright! For a while there my savings account was getting shot to bits! Just did a quick tally of the money I've spent so far on my Macross collection including all the girly figures and it's about $11,500.. If I include the few Valks I've bought for my son its just shy of $13,000. I know there are guys out there with far bigger collections some with many multiples but for what I've spent so far it's pretty crazy! And there are quite a few more I don't have yet which would cost a lot more pretty pennies!

Hmmm. I started collecting in Jan of 2013. I sold off a lot of my old toys from the 80's that were opened to start off. That gave me about 2 grand or so.

I'd have to think about it.

yeah same I had a lot of stuff I had collected from the 80's, 90's early 2000's that I sold off including my v1 collection of Valks so I could go motorcycle racing! Which was also a very expensive hobby! Which I gave up in 2010 and started collecting stuff again.. The other problem I have is everything I buy I have to pay that extra bit more for postage because I live in Australia.. especially stuff from EU or USA is always much more expensive..

• 2 weeks later...

I don't handle it much, but I love the YF-19. I was pretty blown away by it when I first saw Macross Plus. I watched the initial releases of the Yamato 1/72, and 1/60 Plus valks and couldn't convince myself to sink money into one while trying to finish up college. A few nit-picks aside, Arcadia did well.

QkXH5c4l.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

My current fave.

I never really fall in love with my valks until after I've panelled lined and stickered them

I don't blame you! I want Max & Milia so bad! And what intensifies that want even more is that the VF-1J are my fav Valk..

I've had one Valk (19 Double Nuts) which had been panel lined & sticker'd by its previous owner and it did indeed look great but I don't think I'll ever try doing it myself.. just way too scared I'd stuff it up! :o

I don't blame you! I want Max & Milia so bad! And what intensifies that want even more is that the VF-1J are my fav Valk..

I've had one Valk (19 Double Nuts) which had been panel lined & sticker'd by its previous owner and it did indeed look great but I don't think I'll ever try doing it myself.. just way too scared I'd stuff it up! :o

Yesss the 1J is definitely the best VF-1 head sculpt. So menacing. It kinda has that movie Iron Man vibe. Plus Max is my favourite SDFM character. I got lucky and caught this one in the For Sale section. Not too fussy about getting a Milia, I think I would prefer a Mass Production 1J

Haha to be honest I have messed up once or twice. It never is terribly noticeable though, and it goes a long way to making these models feel like "yours" if that makes sense. I think you should at least try stickering, just get a nice small pair of scissors and trim the edges. If you mess up you just remove the sticker, no big. It's tedious but definitely worth it.