TOYS FAQ - The New Noobie questions thread

EXO

Hm besides the packaging?

Check out jenius review: http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=6957

It has many comparison pictures.

The Super VF-27 has gray instead of white markings. The hip area is different. On the Super VF-27 there are two indents on the side of the underside in Fighter-Mode to accept the prongs from the hip area. On the old VF-27 they aren't there and there is a single trap door in the middle of the underside to clip the hip in.

[edit:] Oh and the newer version has the Super Parts where the old one never got them.

Edited by Scyla

the v1 Vf-25 with tornado is okay-ish for me in fighter mode since it was able to hide most of the problems found in a naked v1 vf-25 toy. I would get one as long as it is cheap (bargain section) and is in good condition.

if you love gerwalk (cant get the A stance) and battroid (not accurate with line art, too fat), feel free to skip all V1 toys, they never looked good with or without any armor.

Yea too bad the Gunpla bases are too weak. Was kinda disapointed im them when I got one (wasnt for my Macross stuff). Its for gunpla so its not that sturdy. Only if bandai would give us a stand similar to the metal build series

Edited by ULessa

• 2 weeks later...

Did Yamato/Arcadia ever release Super/Strike parts for the 1/60 VF-1 separately? I have the Arcadia reissue 1/60 DYRM VF-1S, and I'd love to be able to arm it up. I know the 1/48 Yamato Strike parts were released separately.

afaik:

super parts TV was released around 2008

super/strike parts DYRL around 2010

super/strike parts DYRL with options parts around 2012

I am also waiting for the separate release as well.

edit:

i guess if Yamato did not ceased, we can probably expect another release this year? I dont know why arcadia is not releasing them after releasing three VF-1 now.

Edited by chyll2

They just put out DYRL like three or four different ones per month at it's worst and not a single SDFM... of course they tanked.

Too much of the same things that people already had bought before, I believe that it's called market saturation.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't find this in a search - any issues displaying valks in a garage? No direct sunlight but would get hot/cold. This is a California garage, so no real extreme temps except heat. The garage has finished walls and ceiling

Question, if you order a second hand item from amiami and combine it with an existing preorder, what are the chances that they'll sell the item out from under you?

Edited by anime52k8

Question, if you order a second hand item from amiami and combine it with an existing preorder, what are the chances that they'll see the item out from under you?

50/50? :p

Honestly I'd say it's doubtful, especially if you received an order confirmation. Take a look at their FAQ page, it says how in-stock items can be combined with pre-order items, or just email them and ask.

-b.

Are the blues of the VF-19F and VF-19S the same? The 19F's blue looks a little darker/purple to me, but I suspect it's just that Yellow accents of the 19S that brightens it up(making the blue more green). Looked up the side by side pictures at jenius' site, sometimes they look the same, sometimes they don't. Need help because I was thinking of getting one of them and I love the seemingly darker one.

50/50? :p

Honestly I'd say it's doubtful, especially if you received an order confirmation. Take a look at their FAQ page, it says how in-stock items can be combined with pre-order items, or just email them and ask.

-b.

well, they took the listing down after I got my order acknowledgment, so I think I've got it.

Are the blues of the VF-19F and VF-19S the same? The 19F's blue looks a little darker/purple to me, but I suspect it's just that Yellow accents of the 19S that brightens it up(making the blue more green). Looked up the side by side pictures at jenius' site, sometimes they look the same, sometimes they don't. Need help because I was thinking of getting one of them and I love the seemingly darker one.

It's pretty close to being the same shade but just slightly different

post-15125-0-77688600-1407052119_thumb.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie Magnus

Yamato-VF-19P-6.jpg

If there is a difference, it's not very noticeable. I think it's more an optical illusion caused by the different trim. This is one picture not a photoshop collage (although I did use Photoshop to remove the display stands).

Edited by jenius

They just put out DYRL like three or four different ones per month at it's worst and not a single SDFM... of course they tanked.

Too much of the same things that people already had bought before, I believe that it's called market saturation.

LOL, it's kind of hard to over-saturate a market when you sell out the pre-orders. There were hardly any super part sets at retail.

the 12' release were sold out at pre-order, and when arrived with-in 24hrs. Are you slightly trolling or just assuming?

LOL, it's kind of hard to over-saturate a market when you sell out the pre-orders. There were hardly any super part sets at retail.

the 12' release were sold out at pre-order, and when arrived with-in 24hrs. Are you slightly trolling or just assuming?

Then why did they go out of business?

Not because they sold too many valks I would wager.

Then why did they go out of business?

Not because they sold too many valks I would wager.

What difference does it make why? Yamato is gone and Arcadia is here.

The question was if Yamato and/or Arcadia released Super & Strike Parts for the VF-1 separately, which was answered. Talking about why one company went out of business is irrelevant.

-b.

Need some help, so I want to remove the UN Spacy symbol from the Arcadia YF-19. So far I looked on the forums and came up with these results anymore would be helpful.

1. Paint thinner (may cause brittle plastic)

2. Rubbing alcohol

3. Shaving off with xcto knife/sandpaper

4.brake fluid(will never use)

hi guys

can anyone confirm if this is a V2 valk? This is a junk item listed in YJA, I plan to use the super parts and I might be able to paint the valk as well.

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g136472344

Yep, that's a V2. You can tell by the arms (double jointed elbows, screws, etc.), legs and a few other features.

-b.

Need some help, so I want to remove the UN Spacy symbol from the Arcadia YF-19. So far I looked on the forums and came up with these results anymore would be helpful.

1. Paint thinner (may cause brittle plastic)

2. Rubbing alcohol

3. Shaving off with xcto knife/sandpaper

4.brake fluid(will never use)

EDIT: Do NOT Use ACETONE on the Valks. ^_^ Thanks to chyll2 for clarifying the Acetone uses on the plastics.

Hey Murphy. Is that where you're going to put the SMS logos? On the side of the canopy and on the wings? Anyways, I found this via YouTube. And he somehow mentioned acetone so I'm not so sure if it's correct. He uses the Expo Dry Erase marker on the Hotwheels diecast so I'm not 100% if it's safe on ABS plastics. And he even made one out of the old markers using Acetone.

Edited by no3ljm