1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Slowing getting around to the rest of my collection...

I purposely kept the main fighter cleaner and concentrated on more of a shadow/form shading - I figure he doesn't get hit very often :p He abused his booster pack a bit more.

Nice subtle shading on it. The flatter finish on the booster really does contrast well with the finish on the fighter.

I really wish I had gotten a second one. I want one to display with the super parts on in fighter mode. Also, I think I could do a much better job on it now than on my first one, having gained more experience and knowledge on what works or doesn't.

Might I suggest that you upload your pics to a gallery/album? Makes it easier for people or even for yourself to go back and find if it's all in one place and you could just link the images from there.

Slowing getting around to the rest of my collection...

I purposely kept the main fighter cleaner and concentrated on more of a shadow/form shading - I figure he doesn't get hit very often :p He abused his booster pack a bit more.

The VF-27 looks awesome (my favorite Valk from Frontier), great job as always!

Got some aluminium wires and turned them into some stands. Happy with how it turned out.

Here's with the wire cropped out. ^_^

Now that is a creative use of wire I like it. :)

Might I suggest that you upload your pics to a gallery/album? Makes it easier for people or even for yourself to go back and find if it's all in one place and you could just link the images from there.

I agree with MJ, setup a gallery/album it helps quite a bit.

Edited by Saburo

Now that is a creative use of wire I like it. :)

I agree with MJ, setup a gallery/album it helps quite a bit.

Thanks :) I saw someone here do it before and thought I'd try the same. A very cheap poseable stand alternative. Can't complain :)

And I agree with that album thing. Flickr's good. It's free and you get like 1TB of space.

Just crossed off another item on my to-do list. Got the Isamu 29 Super parts finished up. Had some issues with certain paints clogging up my airbrush no matter how much thinner I put in. For some reason even at a ratio of 10 drops of thinner per drop of paint, I could only spray black or gunmetal for a few seconds before nothing would come out at anything less than full throttle on two entirely different airbrushes. Ended up having to revert to using the tamiya weathering kits just to finish because I was starting to get really pissed.

Anyway, took some fighter pics for now. GERWALK and battroid to follow later.

YF-29_Isamu_Fighter_10.jpg

YF-29_Isamu_Fighter_11.jpg

YF-29_Isamu_Fighter_14.jpg

YF-29_Isamu_Fighter_15.jpg

YF-29_Isamu_Fighter_16.jpg

Edited by MacrossJunkie

I really hope arcadia release the super/strike parts. I'd be just like printing money.

saboro nice pics of dryl roy

Man, I love clear pictures of clean plastic toys too... the reflection, the shininess... makes me want to buy it all over again.

All quoted for truth.

-b.

I really hope arcadia release the super/strike parts. I'd be just like printing money.

I hope so too.

saboro nice pics of dryl roy

Thank you.

Man, I love clear pictures of clean plastic toys too... the reflection, the shininess... makes me want to buy it all over again.

Thank you. If you really want to buy all over again, I can buy some of the Valks in your collection so you can start all over again. ^_^:lol:

All quoted for truth.

-b.

Thank you.

Nice subtle shading on it. The flatter finish on the booster really does contrast well with the finish on the fighter.

I really wish I had gotten a second one. I want one to display with the super parts on in fighter mode. Also, I think I could do a much better job on it now than on my first one, having gained more experience and knowledge on what works or doesn't.

Thanks, I've forgotten all about the Gallery. I have since uploaded all my toy photos there now, but it still re-encodes the JPG (a lot more artifacting) and still reduces the sizes, I think the largest size is 1600X1024.

Thanks, I've forgotten all about the Gallery. I have since uploaded all my toy photos there now, but it still re-encodes the JPG (a lot more artifacting) and still reduces the sizes, I think the largest size is 1600X1024.

Yeah, the built in gallery on the site is kind of terrible. The compression is so high that it degrades the image quality significantly, in addition to limiting the image size.

I personally put all my stuff on Picasaweb which is tied to one of my google accounts. It's free and I have plenty of space so I can just upload the full size now and just link images in the size I choose.

Falcon18 suggested Flickr as well and mentioned it was free with 1 TB of space. I guess they must have stepped up their game. Back when I tried to use it a couple years ago, they limited how many images I could have uploaded on a free account and tried to push me toward getting a paid account to get around the imposed limitations.

I saw that Saburo uses Flickr to host his images also so he would likely be able to give a more informed opinion of it based on how it is now.

Just remember that Shawn foots all the bill here. While the site does let you upload zips it still takes up valuable space that he has to pay for. The crappy compression is done by the IP.Board software but the image reduction is set by us to limit space and bandwidth.

Your pics are fantastic too! They are always so sharp and vibrant with good posing as well.

Thank you! Actually your photo gallery is what got me inspired to take photos. :)

That VF-1S with Strike Parts is really lovely! Great pics as usual Saburo! Glad you're getting more VF-1s.

Thank you, I glad to have a few VF-1's. Now the hard part is tracking down the other VF-1's I'd like to have.

Saburo, you gotta dress that pretty bird up in some stickers! Amazingly clear photos yet again.

I thought about it but but part of me doesn't want to use the stickers. Are there waterslide versions available for sale?

Yeah, the built in gallery on the site is kind of terrible. The compression is so high that it degrades the image quality significantly, in addition to limiting the image size.

I personally put all my stuff on Picasaweb which is tied to one of my google accounts. It's free and I have plenty of space so I can just upload the full size now and just link images in the size I choose.

Falcon18 suggested Flickr as well and mentioned it was free with 1 TB of space. I guess they must have stepped up their game. Back when I tried to use it a couple years ago, they limited how many images I could have uploaded on a free account and tried to push me toward getting a paid account to get around the imposed limitations.

I saw that Saburo uses Flickr to host his images also so he would likely be able to give a more informed opinion of it based on how it is now.

Yep, I use Flickr (along with a few other image hositng sites), there are a few other MW members on there too, and hopefully they can add some feedback too. Flickr has certainly gotten much better than before. They offer a good amount of storage 1TB, you can pay to make it ad-free but an ad blocker plugin/extension fixes that. :) I don't think there is an limit to how much you can upload in a day, I have never hit the limit. There is some image compression when you upload, but not enough to majorly degrade the quality of the image. I am happy with Flickr, the photostream page is nice and dynamic.

Edited by Saburo

I meant no offense by it and understood that the compression was being done by the software. The fact that it is there is highly appreciated and much kudos and thanks to Shawn for his sacrifice in time and money to keep the site maintained (we really ought to have some sort of donation thing going to help him pay for this). I think many of us have used the file attachments to upload some quick photos and such.

My main point was that for an archive of photos, there were better alternatives to use that would be a win for all parties.

Thank you! Actually your photo gallery is what got me inspired to take photos. :)

Thank you, I glad to have a few VF-1's. Now the hard part is tracking down the other VF-1's I'd like to have.

I thought about it but but part of me doesn't want to use the stickers. Are there waterslide versions available for sale?

Yep, I use Flickr (along with a few other image hositng sites), there are a few other MW members on there too, and hopefully they can add some feedback too. Flickr has certainly gotten much better than before. They offer a good amount of storage 1TB, you can pay to make it ad-free but an ad blocker plugin/extension fixes that. :) I don't think there is an limit to how much you can upload in a day, I have never hit the limit. There is some image compression when you upload, but not enough to majorly degrade the quality of the image. I am happy with Flickr, the photostream page is nice and dynamic.

Yep I'm one of those who has an account with Flickr too for my other collections until I started adding my VF-19's in it. Photobucket can be very disappointing. At least I can keep track howmany views I'm getting. Of course I had to pay to see my stats which is a real drag, but that's how they make their money.

So I decided to give Flickr another try and spent two and a half hours on it trying to migrate my photos over before giving up due to a god awful laggy nightmare of an interface.

The main draw for me to Flickr is that the tags actually work. Google FUBAR'd the picasa tag system with their merge with Google+ so searching or clicking on any of my tags results in either no results when there should be a bunch, or brings up completely unrelated results in Google+. It used to work great before they tried to jam that piece of crap abomination of a social network down everyone's throats.

Unfortunately, whoever designed Flickr's UI interface must have been lobotomized before making it. I can see it would be manageable for someone who isn't batch adding a ton of photos at a time and just uploading maybe 20-30 photos in one go. But trying to manage and re-organize hundreds of photos, which is not unheard of for me after coming back from traveling, would be an exercise in tedium and frustration as the UI is completely impractical. The reason being that you can only select one, yes only ONE, image to move around at a time. So imagine having to scroll up and down a page, looking for an image among 700+ images, clicking and dragging it with laggy response times to scroll way back up the page through the jumble of said 700+ photos to where you want it and then having to repeat that hundreds of times one by one instead of doing 10, 20, 50 or 100 images at a time. If there is a way to actually move around more than one image at a time when re-arranging an album, it would be greatly appreciated if it could be explained.

Alternatively, I guess one could add photos to the album in the order they want, but that method isn't much better because the photos to select from are presented in a single row of images that you have to scroll through horizontally, likely scrolling past and missing images, but taking forever if scrolling carefully through.

So the way I see it right now, I guess my choices are to deal with Picasa's borked tag system and have a much more efficient, less convoluted UI, or have a better tag system with Flickr but want to tear my hair out when uploading and managing photos :( Sorry, just had to vent after getting so frustrated.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

So I decided to give Flickr another try and spent two and a half hours on it trying to migrate my photos over before giving up due to a god awful laggy nightmare of an interface.

The main draw for me to Flickr is that the tags actually work. Google FUBAR'd the picasa tag system with their merge with Google+ so searching or clicking on any of my tags results in either no results when there should be a bunch, or brings up completely unrelated results in Google+. It used to work great before they tried to jam that piece of crap abomination of a social network down everyone's throats.

Unfortunately, whoever designed Flickr's UI interface must have been lobotomized before making it. I can see it would be manageable for someone who isn't batch adding a ton of photos at a time and just uploading maybe 20-30 photos in one go. But trying to manage and re-organize hundreds of photos, which is not unheard of for me after coming back from traveling, would be an exercise in tedium and frustration as the UI is completely impractical. The reason being that you can only select one, yes only ONE, image to move around at a time. So imagine having to scroll up and down a page, looking for an image among 700+ images, clicking and dragging it with laggy response times to scroll way back up the page through the jumble of said 700+ photos to where you want it and then having to repeat that hundreds of times one by one instead of doing 10, 20, 50 or 100 images at a time. If there is a way to actually move around more than one image at a time when re-arranging an album, it would be greatly appreciated if it could be explained.

Alternatively, I guess one could add photos to the album in the order they want, but that method isn't much better because the photos to select from are presented in a single row of images that you have to scroll through horizontally, likely scrolling past and missing images, but taking forever if scrolling carefully through.

So the way I see it right now, I guess my choices are to deal with Picasa's borked tag system and have a much more efficient, less convoluted UI, or have a better tag system with Flickr but want to tear my hair out when uploading and managing photos :( Sorry, just had to vent after getting so frustrated.

I understand your frustrations with Flickr. I went through it too, but not at the level you are. I typically upload in small batches of 10 - 20 photos, its a bit more manageable when using their UI. Flickr is not the most ideal in managing images, I worked through the bumps, detours and u-turns in the system, and got used to it. :unsure: I say keep at it.

Edited by Saburo

I meant no offense by it and understood that the compression was being done by the software. The fact that it is there is highly appreciated and much kudos and thanks to Shawn for his sacrifice in time and money to keep the site maintained (we really ought to have some sort of donation thing going to help him pay for this). I think many of us have used the file attachments to upload some quick photos and such.

My main point was that for an archive of photos, there were better alternatives to use that would be a win for all parties.

No offense taken at all. Just wanted to explain why we can't offer the best possible solution for storing images on the site... I think fora public forum, it's more what some others offer.