Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

A couple things to bear in mind... first, Netflix doesn't exist in Japan. Heck, video rental stores are still big! (Hulu, however, does exist, but I'm not sure how popular it is... most of my Japanese friends use it only to watch American TV shows.)

Not yet.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2014-10-20/netflix-considers-expanding-into-japan-asian-markets/.79933

Maybe Delta will be full Artifically Intelligent transforming fighters that reach self awareness and sing!!! And they all go on a hunt throughout the universe looking for Basara! Because robots should sing too :p.

Attention, carbon unit. This is VFX AI Prototype #1. Input and process my song.

Basara: "Man, everyone's stealing my schtick these days... "

Wan't it a civil type war that brought down the Protoculture..? I wonder if history might start repeating itself.

I like to imagine that a similar idea presented in Frontier to use fold quartz to potentially "control" the populace of the Stellar Republic is what sparked the Protoculture civil war, so the idea of history repeating itself is somewhat appealing to me. The principle of "Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it", is a common theme in human civilization...

Can humanity possibly break that cycle?

Edited by Zinjo

It will have a cute girl singing and the guy she likes will be a pilot who loves an older girl. He has a sempai who was already in the military when he joined. The sempai dies before the final battle. The plane he flies can transform into a robot. So can the ship they live on. The aliens are not so bad once you get to know them.

Zinjo

"M7 had no new valk designs". Because they re-used designs from other projects? In terms of the Elgerzorenes etc, they're still re-designed. And as for the VF-19 and VF-22, sure, you can say they are just the MacPlus designs re-dressed... But then you can say that the YF-19 and YF-21 designs are alternate versions of the M7 designs. And where does the VF-17 fit in all this?

Companies attempting to break into, and actually succeeding into breaking into the market are two different things.

Take Facebook. Made a big splash, but everyone uses Line.

The other thing to keep in mind is, even if such a service does take off in time, will the target audience for the new Macross show be demanding that it be made available via that service, and will the producers be willing to release it via that medium?

I'm not saying that it isn't possible. Just don't hold your breath.

Mylene's VF-11 MAXL is also dramatically different from the base VF-11, which itself was, as Renato pointed out, more of a concurrent than a prior introduction in MacPlus.

It might be helpful to mention the FBz-99.

Edited by sketchley

What good is that when you're not even able to order the Goddamned things?! :angry:

secondary market. imo, only the 25S is the one thing that you cant really order/get followed by 25F (which by now, has been completely saturated). Most of the frontier stuff can be easily acquired.

plus there is some web-exclusive/made to order release that is easier to get.

Companies attempting to break into, and actually succeeding into breaking into the market are two different things.

Take Facebook. Made a big splash, but everyone uses Line.

The other thing to keep in mind is, even if such a service does take off in time, will the target audience for the new Macross show be demanding that it be made available via that service, and will the producers be willing to release it via that medium?

I'm not saying that it isn't possible. Just don't hold your breath.

I guess for me it's just refreshing to see things happening that are actually not fueled solely on delusions of grandur.

The VF-17 Nightmare debut was actually in Macross Plus in an blink-and-you'll-miss-it sequence. There is a screenshot of it on my website under the VF-17 Nightmare profile in the Macross Plus section.

EDIT: My mistake, the VF-17 debut was Macross 7, episode 1 in October 1994; the VF-17 debut in Macross Plus was the Movie Edition, which was August 1995!

Edited by Mr March

It will have a cute girl singing and the guy she likes will be a pilot who loves an older girl. He has a sempai who was already in the military when he joined. The sempai dies before the final battle. The plane he flies can transform into a robot. So can the ship they live on. The aliens are not so bad once you get to know them.

Lol please no! Is it too much to ask for characters that don't fit the Roy/ozma, Hikaru/alto, max/Michel archetypes? And different tropes?

The VF-17 Nightmare debut was actually in Macross Plus in an blink-and-you'll-miss-it sequence. There is a screenshot of it on my website under the VF-17 Nightmare profile in the Macross Plus section.

Since the two shows were released concurrently, I think that's kinda splitting hairs...

Since the two shows were released concurrently, I think that's kinda splitting hairs...

I've no horse in the race, but the debut is the debut.

EDIT: My mistake, the VF-17 debut was Macross 7, episode 1 in October 1994; the VF-17 debut in Macross Plus was the Movie Edition, which was August 1995!

Edited by Mr March

I've no horse in the race, but the debut is the debut.

So is everyone in agreement that the likelihood of the introduction of a completely new VF is very high for Macross Delta? Afterall, every new Macross TV show has introduced at least one new VF to the audience. Besdies, I don't think Bandai would have it any other way.....low sales volume or not.....PT VF toy sales are one portion of how Bandai will recoup it's sponsorship investment in this new show......

Yeah, I agree, I would be shocked if there weren't new "Valkyries" or Destroids for them to sell toys of to all of those suckers who buy them. (Hey, I can call you all suckers, cause I'm a sucker too :p).

DAISUKI, please simulcast this like you have with M3 and ALDNOAH.ZERO.

Would be nice to have Mikimoto as the lead character designer again for a new Macross TV series, but it seems that Satelight is now the go-to Macross animationn house....so probably the "look" will be very similar to Macross F....but we'll have to wait and see I guess...

He is busy with both The First and École du Ciel. Edited by Primus1X

Price-wise, that's great! I can't afford to keep buying $300-400 Arcadia toys.

Pre-order wise... aarrrrggggh! Maybe if Bandai could be convinced to make everything a web exclusive...

YES!!! (X million!)

Zinjo

"M7 had no new valk designs". Because they re-used designs from other projects? In terms of the Elgerzorenes etc, they're still re-designed. And as for the VF-19 and VF-22, sure, you can say they are just the MacPlus designs re-dressed... But then you can say that the YF-19 and YF-21 designs are alternate versions of the M7 designs. And where does the VF-17 fit in all this?

I concede the VF-17 was an original, new design for the series.

Which is what may indeed happen in the new series. Modified existing Valks with a new one for variety. Keep in mind it was nearly a decade between M7 and M0, so any new Macross production without new Valks would have not gone over well. It was a prequel to boot so SK and BW were limited in their design choices (which didn't hold Kawamori back at all it would seem :) ) Then there was a 4 year window between productions and another decade between TV series, which seemed to demand a brand new series of Valks for the production and so we were treated to the VF-25, RVF-25 and the VF-27.

I won't be disappointed by new fighters, but it would seem a bit strange that we would get a whole new generation of VF fighters only 6 years after all the advanced tech generated by the Vajra encounter.

Edited by Zinjo

2067?

i guess Sheryl will be around

She will probably be alive, but there is no guarantee she is in the actual show. There will very probably be references to her, though. Perhaps fans of hers (and/or Ranka's fans).

I mean, in 2059 many of the cast of M7 and Plus are likely to be alive, but we don't meet them in Frontier, excluding Isamu's cameo in the second movie.

Triangle or Delta I'm glad it's not a Triangle symbol..I don't have triangle symbol on my keyboard..

You mean you actually have a Delta symbol on your keyboard? Are you Greek? :)

That would be flipping Plus on its head where the AI was in love with the pilot. I really wonder what the new cannon fodder call will be.

The question of the day will is, "what" will the new CF fighter be? Will it remain the VF-171 or will it become the VF-25? The VF-171 is relatively early in its service life, so one has to wonder. I guess it will depend on the story. If Federal forces are involved and the NUN Federal Government has adopted a VF-24 as their next gen fighter, that could be the new CF. We'll have to wait and see.

Well it would seem that we would have to figure out what fleet we are following in the new series. I thought they all kinda had their own paths to variable fighter design.

For all we know the main protagonist could be a female fighter pilot with 2 male singers chasing her lol. It's all speculation for now right?

You guy are forgetting, in the Frontier TV show, the SMS and NUNS were being combined into one uniformed force by the owner of SMS Richard Birler.

This Subplot wasn't in the Movies, but as we know from history, pieces were in fact part of the real universe.

So is the SMS still around, or have we reverted back to a Military only service?

It's only been 8 years, Frontier has made history with mankind finding another Earth like planet.
I highly doubt we won't see plenty of cameo's, not too mention Ranka was still early in her career.
from the Shudista box set, Alto has returned, and Sheryl has awakened from her coma, (apparently) but how long

later is the question?