New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

Guys,

Attached are some new pics of the Yamato 1/60 VF-0S prototype from the new October 2005 issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine, which has just hit the streets.

From studying the photos, this seems to be an actual 1/60 prototype, rather than the modified 1/48 VF-1 just displayed at Wonder Festival. Of course I could be wrong.

Note the nicely sculpted pilot figure.

Graham

Suh-WEEET!

That is the best news I've heard since I saw the first proto pics of the 1/48.

That does look heaps better than the kitbash from Wonderfest.

Hopefully, Renato or someone can translate the text around the pics.

Oh, and I just gotta add, this updated forum software sucks for posting pics. Bring back the old form software I say. Crappy 1.95mb posting limits :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Graham

323236[/snapback]

It's the content and the hard work that counts!

Both kick ass!

And it looks like we gotta yamato spy within our forums... or perhaps mind readers...

The lower case "d" turrets are correct, and the feet engines stay as one even in battroid... two main changes we were talking about for improvements of the CAD renders and the 1/48 vf-1 series.

This will be the first valk I buy more than two of...

Bloody awesome.

Edited by Nani?!

Is the nosecone removable on this? I notice a seam line at about the same place where the nosecone seam line is on the 1/48.

After further ogling, I have to say the panel line detail on this is fantastic.

Thanks for the pics G. I gotta get a case of these :) . I kinda like the color, reminds me of the LV ;) .

323244[/snapback]

Is this the final color? I thought it was going to be white with black like in the anime?

323251[/snapback]

Not the final color, this is just an unpainted resin prototype.

Graham

The intakes!!! AAAARGH!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I'll wait for a A or D, I hate how the S head like in the 1/48 show up in fighter mode.

Was the WF Vf-0s really a kitbashed 1/48? It seems crazy to kitbash a 1/48 vf-1 into a vf-0, don't make sense at all so i considered it the 1/60 vf-0 prototype from the start.

I'm happy to see that it comes with missiles and fastpacks.

You toy guys are having way too much fun. <_<

I'm off to mope in the model section.

323245[/snapback]

Well, if it wasn't for these stupid attachment limits (something the old forums didn't have), I could also post new pics of the 1/72 Hasegawa VF-0S with Ghost Booster model kit in the model forum. Unfortuantely, I've reached the limit for posting attachments.

And Shawn still hasn't given me the access codes for the new server, so I can't upload the pics directly to the site either :(

Graham

The intakes!!! AAAARGH!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I'll wait for a A or D, I hate how the S head like in the 1/48  show up in fighter mode.

Was the WF Vf-0s really a kitbashed 1/48? It seems crazy to kitbash a 1/48 vf-1 into a vf-0, don't make sense at all so i considered it the 1/60 vf-0 prototype from the start.

I'm happy to see that it comes with missiles and fastpacks.

323254[/snapback]

Exactly what I thought. There are the same gaps in the coloured one pictured at Wonder Festival so finally it could be at last a 1/60 one :) . Yes it's cool tha it will come with missiles and leg fastpacks :lol: . Thanks G for the pics ;)

Thanks for the pics G. I gotta get a case of these :) . I kinda like the color, reminds me of the LV ;) .

323244[/snapback]

Is this the final color? I thought it was going to be white with black like in the anime?

323251[/snapback]

Not the final color, this is just an unpainted resin prototype.

Graham

323253[/snapback]

I knew that, but wouldn't it be cool if it will be in LV colors :rolleyes::lol: .

And its head super detailed, super designed = awesome :blink::)

it's almost 4 am here in Chicago, US and I'm still looking at the pics...

wow... I'll be counting the days with this valk.

Upon my further observations and comparisons from the pictures Noel took at the wonderfest and the pictures posted by graham, I've come to conclusion theyre essentially the same!

Both seem to be resin prototypes, perhaps the one at the wonder fest was built with some 1/48 parts to keep it together.

There's a couple of points that give it away...

First, the porportions of both are identical to each other.

Next I'll show comparison pics:

First pic:

1) the head is the same.

2) This flap covering the bottom portion of the head is the same.

3) This gap on the leg is in the same place on both prototypes.

Second Pic:

4) The landing gear area is the same... the rear landing gear is diagonally slanted outwards in both the wonderfest kit and the hobby mag kits...

like so: / \

In fact, the legs as a whole seem to be identical.

There are misaligned parts and gaps, but this is a prototype after all.... Everything will fit nicely like the 1/48's, and again, wow... awesome stuff...

post-1324-1125046412_thumb.jpg

post-1324-1125046422_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nani?!

the feet engines stay as one even in battroid

323239[/snapback]

Not sure what do you mean by that?

Graham

323259[/snapback]

I noticed tha realistic detail too. In the VF-1 line the feet engine / reactors are spiltted in 2 parts when transformerd in Battroid or Gerwalk mode whereas for the VF-0S, it remains entire. I hope I made it a bit clearer. :p

the feet engines stay as one even in battroid

323239[/snapback]

Not sure what do you mean by that?

Graham

323259[/snapback]

I noticed tha realistic detail too. In the VF-1 line the feet engine / reactors are spiltted in 2 parts when transformerd in Battroid or Gerwalk mode whereas for the VF-0S, it remains entire. I hope I made it a bit clearer. :p

323264[/snapback]

exactly!

sorry for the poorly worded description.

:p

I want to buy this prototype!!! How much for this M. Yamato ? What !!! 500 usd!! Ok what about a trade for a VF-1A Low Vis ? :p:lol:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! I almost peed myself this thing looks so good!

I'm sold if they do an A-model!

Make us the YF-19! I stopped caring for fast packs for the 19 a long time ago, just do a new YF-19 in 1/60!

... And a 1/48 VF-11! :D

Wooot!

looking good. Like the details and the feet as others have mentioned. That was one of the one things about the vf1 that kinda looked bad. (along with wrists not being strong enough to support the gunpod weight)

Of course in gerwalk and battroid modes you very very rarely get to see under the feet but it would stand out if you had them in a dynamic pose (on a stand or hanging from a string or whatever, like they were fighting in space or something) and people saw this and pointed out the imperfection.

feet2kf.jpg

^

circle would look better intact rather than split open

interiordetailbattroid4nz.jpg

interiordetailsleg5rf.jpg

feet5xy.th.jpg

If this thing was a cake, I would eat it. Looks delicious. Wonder if they are designing it for future gbp upgrade?

phoenixvf0gbpo4xm.gif

this way if the shoulders are too huge people can't complain..

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The news just keep getting better and better by the minute! Thanks for the GREAT scans Graham.

Wow......remember when we thought the 1/48 GBP armor was the LAST we'd see of Yamato's Macross line?

They're really turned our hopes around. :D

Now get started on the 1/60 YF-19 and YF-21 and VF-4.

thanks graham!

POW! WOW! yamato is getting more and more detail!

let me guess.....

sithlord will get 10?

godzilla will get 30?

kensei will get 60?

:lol:  :p

323275[/snapback]

Only ten. :p

Should be enough. MacZero does not have that many variants. :D

Dammit, couldn't Yamato have made this thing ugly as sin? So I wouldn't have to buy it? <_< When can I have my wallet back Yamato! :angry:

Yamato-haters and non-believers eat your heart out.

That little sensor on the S head better be a red-transluent one, as well as the eye-visor, but in green. Clear just doesn't cut it, even for a prototype.

Hope the pilot is a little gummi one too. Looks well detailed for a 1/60 one. Amazing.

Dammit, now that we have seen the prototype, I expect this baby to be out next mid-year. :( Remember how fast the final GBP got finished? Being released is another matter though.

I think you should try and get in contact with Yamato again Graham. Got to find out if they are releasing Ghost Boosters! We know they will, but with VF-0S or without? :D No pressure mate. Thanks for the pics though.

Graham, how come you only have <2MB of picture-posting space? I haven't put anything up yet, but it says I've got unlimited. :huh: