Macross Books

Penguin

Nice shelf da!

Thanks, I should take pics of the rest of the shelves, as it's mostly manga below, as well as some comics, and other stuff. I didn't picture the Macross the First manga, the Frontier, Trash, SDF Macross, or any of those others. I may need a book shelf just for Macross books.

its so cool to have a small library and you can just chill and have a coffee surrounded by Macross goodness... damn what an addiction!

That's exactly my thoughts as well. Speaking of books, just got my vol. 2 of the Macross The Ride art, and I gotta say, wow. Some of this stuff is just crazy work.

I haven't snagged those yet... btw i started watching the mac7 stuff i got from you on my dvd player.. is there any way to adjust the subtitles on those.. for some reason they appear dark blue on the dvd player, but on my computer they are yellow and readable.. thought i'd ask..

I haven't snagged those yet... btw i started watching the mac7 stuff i got from you on my dvd player.. is there any way to adjust the subtitles on those.. for some reason they appear dark blue on the dvd player, but on my computer they are yellow and readable.. thought i'd ask..

Are you watching them on a PS3? From what I've read, there's some sort of issue with that on some players. There's some way to fix it in a program that lets one edit subs. I think it's called ifoedit or something like that, but I don't know how to adjust it. I have to go to the old M7 thread where that was discussed, and see if I can do it. For me, it plays the same on my PS3, but on my DVD player, it plays just fine.

On the subject though, I just looked through that new book, and it's a "MUST" buy. I was amazed at the shots in Dengeki Hobby, but seeing the extra work in this book, these are way beyond basic skill work. Someone also did sculptures of the characters, and there's a short manga at the end, which I hope they adapt the entire story for.

Quick shot of my books on the shelves. I didn't take a pic of all the Macross manga on the third shelf cause it's a bit cluttered, and I have lots of other books there, too.

Nice collection, what’s the deal with the red magazine in the middle of your Robotech RPG section? ;)

Edited by rdenham

Nice collection, what’s the deal with the red magazine in the middle of your Robotech RPG section? ;)

Good stuff ;) The January/Feb issue of Playboy w/ Lindsay Lohan. Not Macross related, but for those curious about it, her photo session in it wasn't that great. Edited by Jasonc

I should've added in my last post. Had a chance to go to Kinokuniya, update my discount card, and pickup second copies of the Macross the First mangas. Hoping we see pics soon of the cover for book 4 come April/May.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a couple art books of 7, but missing that one. If you happen to see one in any auction sites, shoot me a pm. Been looking for that one, not diligently like I should, but have been looking.

I have a couple art books of 7, but missing that one. If you happen to see one in any auction sites, shoot me a pm. Been looking for that one, not diligently like I should, but have been looking.

Which one?...M7 sketchbook A, Macross Dynamite 7 book or both?

Of all the Macross books published....I have come to realize that these two are the most difficult to locate.

I have never found the sketchbook A for sale on any site....Otaku.com had it last in 2000.....and the Dynamite book I have only seen for sale once on Yahoo Japan.....it was selling for about 300USD....I forget if it actually sold....but one day it just vanished....at the time it did not occur to me to contact the seller....duh

Oh well....patience is a virtue..... :)

Which one?...M7 sketchbook A, Macross Dynamite 7 book or both?

Of all the Macross books published....I have come to realize that these two are the most difficult to locate.

I have never found the sketchbook A for sale on any site....Otaku.com had it last in 2000.....and the Dynamite book I have only seen for sale once on Yahoo Japan.....it was selling for about 300USD....I forget if it actually sold....but one day it just vanished....at the time it did not occur to me to contact the seller....duh

Oh well....patience is a virtue..... :)

Ahhh, Sketchbook A. Been looking for that too. Maybe my problem has been just looking at ebay only and not looking at Yahoo Japan too often. Anyways, if you just so happen to see it, let me know. It's a definite want.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Picked up some books this weekend at the Mandrake book store in Akiba this weekend, I have been looking for some of this stuff for some time also got some great Macross stuff Huge Macross F Ranka and Sheryl tapestry and a Ozma Custom Messiah 1/100th scale variable toy.

Here are the books (With a few others I already had)

The new material is the two Sheryl Visual Collections, Macross Perfect Memory, the three This is Animation Macross books, and the three Macross F Official Creator's Magazines. All other stuff is stuff I have picked up over the couple years I have been here. Like the JUN2011 CUT Magazine with Ranks and Sheryl on the cover.

MACROSSBOOKS.jpg

Awesome collection there!!! Very well organized!!!

Can't find the Macross Gold Book, can't believe you're missing that one!

A Gold book with a good slip case, Obi strip, poster, and film strip has been my great white whale for a while. Years ago I passed on a nearly perfect Gold book which had everything I wanted plus a custom sketch and autograph ever since then I have used that missed opportunity as the gold standard (pardon the pun) by which all other Gold books are judged. I will get a Gold book one of these days it just has to be the right one.

Occasionally I replace a book with examples in better condition thankfully the majority of my collection are in very good condition.

Edited by rdenham

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up some books this weekend at the Mandrake book store in Akiba this weekend, I have been looking for some of this stuff for some time also got some great Macross stuff Huge Macross F Ranka and Sheryl tapestry and a Ozma Custom Messiah 1/100th scale variable toy.

Here are the books (With a few others I already had)

The new material is the two Sheryl Visual Collections, Macross Perfect Memory, the three This is Animation Macross books, and the three Macross F Official Creator's Magazines. All other stuff is stuff I have picked up over the couple years I have been here. Like the JUN2011 CUT Magazine with Ranks and Sheryl on the cover.

Those three official creator's magazines look nice - can you post the ISBN's so it's easier for me to find?

I only have the Sheryl Nome photobooks and the movie guides. Womp womp.