1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

I think the poll is far too simple considering how many different ways Yamato has released things the past couple years. Hand-drilled resin kit vs "unassembled injection-molded v2 VF-1" are very different things, but would be the same option in this poll.

Actually....it's too complicated.....the choices should have been toy, toy, or toy... :)

I think the poll is far too simple considering how many different ways Yamato has released things the past couple years. Hand-drilled resin kit vs "unassembled injection-molded v2 VF-1" are very different things, but would be the same option in this poll.

And of course, there's the issue of "preferred" vs "acceptable if it'll lower the price by $100 or $200" I think we all want an assembled, painted toy like most valks, but if that'll cost $600, vs "screw it together yourself for $400 or paint and glue it yourself for $200..."

BLAME EXO!

doh!

Toy but if the "kit" was plastic like the unasembled VF-1, I would also dig it.

That said, whatever this ends up being, it better sell A LOT or every other design that yamato does in the future that is not a VF-1, 19 or 25 will never be or will surely be a HDP/resin kit.

The future of Yamato Macross toys right now as I smell it: V2,3,4... for their best sellers and web exclusives for the obscure stuff.

could it be that it was not yet decided between a toy or a kit and yamato want to take some time to see the reaction to the acouncement?

and if VF-4G is a limited items, and demand is significant, cound it be any chance of a variation that is not limited? (certainly this is my whishful thinking :) )

Sign me up any whichever way it comes out. I would prefer a completed toy, but a kit in the vein of the 1/3000 Macross second release wouldn't bother me a bit. If it were more a full-on resin kit, I'd just have to commission it to one of the expert builders here, but I'd still be entirely on top of the procurement.

Woohoo.

Toy is great. I love this valk, and while I like my unassembled VF-1s, they're inexpensive because they've has 20 variants. This one would maybe get a couple. It'd suck if it's more than the 17, but I had said I'd get two either way, and I meant it...so long as I can afford it. With no $600 car payment anymore, I'm sitting well.

Why not release it as a color-injection-molded/tampo-printed ABS kit? Just give us the instructions and the screws and I think we can put it together. Not brittle resin, not weak polystyrene, but strong ABS, molded in color, with tampo-printing for different colored pieces.

I think this meets everyone's needs.

Ok so it is a toy... I think this is the first all new Yamato VF toy that is not a recolor or with special bonus part to be online shop exclusive. So they are copying from Bandai Tamashii Shop and produce new high risk model base on actual demand. Given the forever 50% off on all the VF-22 I can understand where they came from.

HLJ is likely to let us pre-order it, and should save us some proxy cost. So far they only missed the magazine exclusives like weathered 1/60v2 VF-1S Hikaru (unless reissued, like VFX and Angel Bird), and the 1/60 GBP-1A Armor set with smoke effect parts.

Bad for us: many here would at least wait for initial reviews to order and VF from Yamato or Bandai, since most had got broken units. With this release mode you either pre-order at regular price and take the risk of getting broken product, or wait and see and pay extreme price if it turns out to be good. Well it can happen to a general release too, like the Bandai YF-29 I missed.

Graham can you get Yamato to send you and their other buddy like GA Graphic a advanced production model for preview a few weeks before closing the pre-order?

Any chance on having it also available as an unassembled kit like they did with the 1/3000 SDF-1? I would rather have had it as an unassembled toy if it meant saving money on it. These things are just getting too expensive and I bet the VF-4 will be no different. The unassembled SDF-1 was nearly half the cost of the assembled toy and included more stuff to boot (still miffed about that btw, since I've been unable to get the glowy stickers or the photo-etch stuff).

Agreed, not enough options. I would prefer a toy but not at any price (beyond $250 or so is a no-go) but I would get a kit for $200'ish as long as it's like the VF-1 injection molded, instead of HDP (much less resin).

It being a web exclusive is no big deal whatsoever. HLJ.com is sure to stock them, just like all the other Yamato exclusives.

Seeing how these announcements are usually made over half a year in advance of the item's release date, I'll be saving up for at least 2 of these (the goal is to get 3 - one for each mode).

I'd never believe I'd actually see the day in which a toy company would actually make the VF-4. This is like a dream come true. I still can't believe it. Thank you, Yamato. It's unbelieveable what the company has done for the Macross franchise, and it's fans, after all these years.

I only have 1 question: WHEN? :D

Edited by OmegaD3k

I'm surprised that people are surprised it's a web exclusive. My question to them was how confident will they be if the VF-17 doesn't do well at it's price point? When at first people assumed that it was an unbuilt kit, I saw it as a logical answer but seeing now that it's going to be a fully assembled toy I'm still impressed that they are coming out with it. And good point Omega. With HLJ stocking these up at a limited basis, web exclusives aren't that big of a deal.

Speaking of limited variants, are there any other canon variants other than the Hikaru version? Aren't the games considered canon as well, and if so, wasn't there a Max/Milia version, or any other versions?

To go a bit further, why doesn't Yamato just get their money out of the release, and just make non-canon versions, like a CF version, low vis, etc.?

Edited by Jasonc

Wow... colour me shocked and delighted! Full on toy. Now my interest is seriously piqued. Time to start saving. :D

Considering the VF-4G only appeared in games, I wonder what accessories it will have other than a pilot figure?