Custom 1/60 MtF VF-1J Head Unit

Kurisama

• 3 weeks later...

OK, today I got the head lasers in the black steel, and I must say, I'm very impressed. They are really sturdy, and aside from needing a bit of polishing to clean off some of the rough finish, they are in really good detail. They came out better than I thought. Anyways, I blew this picture up quite a bit, so it doesn't look as good as it really is, but like I said, a little polishing, and it'll be even better.

post-582-0-43789600-1425359725_thumb.jpg

Cool! Let me know how it goes.

Will do. I'll be pulling out the jeweler files and the dremel to do what I can with it. Funny though, the sprue (sp?) is super thick. I'll need to file them off of it. It's good stuff.

• 1 month later...

just painted the head for spanner.... hope he doesn't mind i posted it here before he see it in person ...lol

there just two thing....the 2 side vent is just a little big and wouldn't fit under in fighter mode and the hole for the neck it a tiny bit small as well...so a little filling was need . But a great head sculpt

1520672_683330681795857_8286040062747783

Dude, that is awesome! Spanner, you lucky basta..!

Hrrrng. Very nice!

Better to file away than adding something to tighten it.

Thanks man :) ..... I totally agree with you Kurisama

Snap one of the antenna .... man they fragile ...note: don't paint the side that got into the head !! and turn at the base :p ..lol

well i fix it will a tiny 1.5mm drill bit and inserted a pin (paper clip ) plus good old super glue them together... fuk it was tiny !!

11134042_683785881750337_597922797936577

Yeah,,they're far more fragile than I thought they'd be. I've since made just the lasers available in metal too, as well as the polished strong and flexible material for those on a budget.

On a side note Lancelot, did you find the assembly straightforward and easy to paint & mask?

the assembly was easy when i referenced your 3d drawing .... because of the material used... primer paint won't stick to it good..... so im using straight acrylic on it now... the only detail that need was the sides of the main visor .... need to be paned lined ....also the front neck detail abit rough ...

Guys its finally home! Will post a pic on the display thread! Looks friggin awesome! Lancelot has done a superb job! :DB))

*edit*

Bugger it I'll also post up a pic of it here too! So what do you think Kurisama!? Looks friggin sweet eh!

20150414_214231.jpg

Edited by spanner76

Guys its finally home! Will post a pic on the display thread! Looks friggin awesome! Lancelot has done a superb job! :DB))

*edit*

Bugger it I'll also post up a pic of it here too! So what do you think Kurisama!? Looks friggin sweet eh!

20150414_214231.jpg

That looks great! I was waiting for someone to post a finished version....