Surprise!

izzyfcuk

That VF-22 looks pretty nice, but Gamlin's VF-22 in Dynamite 7 was a much darker shade of grey. Closer to black. Would be awesome if Yamato were able to make Macross 7, or at least Dynamite 7, toys now. I'd love a VA-3 and a VF-5000. Neither as much as a VF-4, but I'd get at least one of each. Probably two in different colours since they're so unique.

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG! Must have a VF-22! Could really care less about the 19s but I would defiantly shell out the bucks for a VF-22. Anyone seen them for sale anywhere else yet?

Wonder if the internally-mounted gunpods are just an attachment to the existing YF-21's hip parts (ala the Fast Packs) or if the whole hip assembly is made up of new parts? :unsure:

Would be interesting to catch a glimpse of what the VF-22's pilot looks like too. I'd made the Guld pilot mold look like he was flying the plane manually on the custom YF-21 I made awhile back. But doing that made it almost impossible to pivot the pilot chair back for battroid mode.

Also I think Yamato may have been better served in releasing the light blue YF-19 variant from the VF-X game.

But all in all, glad to see the M+ molds getting some recoloring love.

Yeah unless they offer a YF-19 variant like the VF-22 is, the YF-19's really are a pass. I like they new paint jobs....just not enough that I would buy another YF-19 at that price tag. The VF-22 offers enough variant from my YF-22 to make me want to get one even with the steep price.

Dear Yamato,

Regarding your new YF-19 releases, I'd like you to consider the following:

PLEASE HAVE A LOCKING CHEST

K tHnX bAi

YF-19 re-colours are fine. Nothing that really blows your mind, but it's not something to be ashamed about either.

VF-22 definitely is a surprise. Although if it really is Gamlin's valk, shouldn't it be dark green like in the OVA rather than dark grey?

Macross Mecha Manual also had it coloured in green.

So will I be buying these? Probably not.

Sturmvogel II still has the ugly legs and makes for a piss poor appearance in battroid. (Yamato really failed this one).

And like vanpang and QuinJester I also think YF-19 is problematic with far too many design quirks. If Graham or somebody else

in the know posted that the some elements of YF-19 design are being revamped for improvement then maybe I would be inclined to buy one.

Dear Yamato,

Regarding your new YF-19 releases, I'd like you to consider the following:

K tHnX bAi

I think it is really just a repaint. And I'll bet a VF-X2 paint scheme will be coming out, even if it has to be an exclusive or something like the GNU-DOU toy. I'm really digging the white and orange paint scheme though!

I hope they will release a VF-22S Moonshooters paint scheme as well-- not to mention the low vis!!

From the Battroid pic it definitely looks like the VF-22 has the stealthed belly plates for the gun pods which is awesome! As to the spindly legs that lechuck mentioned... I am not a big fan either but I think fighter mode would just wouldn't have worked so beautifully if they hadn't. What I really don't like about the legs is that they just don't have the strength in the joint ratchets to make it as poseable as it should be. I'm still buying one as soon as Overdrive of Hobbylink offers a VF-22 for sale though. I didn't know how much I would love a YF-21 till I held one in my hands. It is currently my favorite Macross toy.

I'm not digging any of the VF-19 paint schemes. I know I've seen some before, from hobby magazine scans, that I thought were fantastic. Yamato could put out some really nice ones. I love the VF-22, though. Even if I do think it should be, and would look much nicer as, a much darker shade of grey.

HOT DAYUM!!! O_O

That VF-22 is so SOLD!

I think it's a safe bet that if Yamato is making a VF-22, then M&M paint schemes should be around the corner. :)

Love the orange/white YF-19 color scheme. :]

Is there a release date on these yet?

Edited by OmegaD3k

wow, that's unexpected. I'm not the biggest fan of VF-22's but it's interesting to see a Macross 7 color scheme. I like the first YF-19, I might consider getting that one.

on the subject of the VF-22 belly plate, it looks like they have small parts that clip on in place of the gunpod to replicate the look of the VF-22's belly plate.

Thought I would point out a comparison pic of the YF-21 to the VF-22.... Dear God please let them have put decals with white lettering instead of black with this one. I put a few of them on my YF-21 and you couldn't even tell they where there.

post-9075-1240328872_thumb.jpg

I wonder how the stealthed gun port hatches work? I hope it is not a clip on, to replace the guns, like anime52k8 posted. That would be weak sauce. If they clipped over the pods that would be fine though.

post-9075-1240329474_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

Thought I would point out a comparison pic of the YF-21 to the VF-22....

post-9075-1240328872_thumb.jpg

I wonder how the stealthed gun port hatches work? I hope it is not a clip on like anime52k8 posted. That would be weak sauce.

post-9075-1240329474_thumb.jpg

Maybe they just open up and you can place the gunpod into it and then close ?

They need to be deeper aswell if they are gonna hold the gunpods inside.

And it should really be dark green...unless its not Gamlin's VF just something made to look very similar.

Edited by thankheaven

I dont know which is better looking, the yf-21 or the vf-22. If you could only pick one, just one of the two, which would you have chosen? On the vf-22 shown, I hate the yellow, specially on the arm and feet. If it was white or black, it would be so much better. he yelow stripe on the yf-21 looks nice though, and the blue seems really nice in this case. As for the head and the windshield, i honestly cant make up my mind....

Well if they changed it to green that would suck. Although in the mecha manual it looks alright. I hated that color in the show. If I had to chose I would go with a VF-22 over the YF-21. I like that canopy more and the grey color. Oh and lets hope that they include a cover we can clip over the canopy (or a replacement armored canopy). I don't need Perfect Transformation for that. Just a clip on that I can use if I want to.

vf-22s-gamlin-battroid.gifvf-22s-gamlin-fighter.gif

Edited by logos

I dont know which is better looking, the yf-21 or the vf-22. If you could only pick one, just one of the two, which would you have chosen? On the vf-22 shown, I hate the yellow, specially on the arm and feet. If it was white or black, it would be so much better. he yelow stripe on the yf-21 looks nice though, and the blue seems really nice in this case. As for the head and the windshield, i honestly cant make up my mind....

I prefer the conventional cockpit and less covered canopy of the VF-22 and i think the internally mounted gunpods are cool. But i don't like the red tinted glass so much. Either head is fine by me though.

I like the M&M colors better then Gamlin's but still its the first VF-22 so its must buy for me and finally Gamlin gets some love too.

I gotta say I prefer the second -19 repaint, the orange theme isn't really doing anything for me.

Definitely waiting for the first reviews to come out though before I decide on buying either (besides, need to save up some money anyway, just spent way to much on Warhammer 40k :p)

I still do not have a Variable YF-19, so this may be a good time to get one. I am thinking of the orange supernova scheme one but paint over the orange, maybe gray or maybe black and gray or black and red.

The VF-22 STURMVOGEL II is my favorite valkyrie of all Macross. I NEVER expected Yamato to do this. Is this confirmed to be a Dynamite 7 Gamlin version, or are we looking at another video game version? Obviously, it could pass as Gamlin, but is that how they are actually marketing it? In other words, HOW SOON TIL I GET MAX AND MILIA repaints?! :D :D :D

I'm curious... what is the original source of these YF-19 paint schemes?? Official Macross books or modeling magazine designs approved by the Studio Nue? If these are Yamato's own, I wonder if they can be told to try harder?? :rolleyes:

I mean for the paint scheme designs as well as the names.

the two 19s are too similar, mostly white with just a different color trim used but in exactly the same scheme? I don't find either bad but neither great, I'll probably just have to pass on both. I'm probably in the minority but I like my cartoon vehicles a bit more colorful.. I'd like the Angelbirds take to be blue with white trim and red accents.

I'm curious... what is the original source of these YF-19 paint schemes?? Official Macross books or modeling magazine designs approved by the Studio Nue? If these are Yamato's own, I wonder if they can be told to try harder?? :rolleyes:

I mean for the paint scheme designs as well as the names.

Arent these the Supernova schemes?

The VF-22's current dark grey is fine imo. The show's green is terrible to look at, on toy or in the show. I would really like to buy one of these, since I think I prefer the grey even to the standard YF-21 blue.

The YF-19 repaints could have looked better; that black trim photoshop does look quite a bit more reasonable. While I welcome Yamato repaints, these repaints schemes are just kinda blah. Be a little more creative, Yamato!

By the way, when these photos came out, I first thought they were just photoshops xD and the VF-22 just had some slight canopy modifications from a modder or something XD

Edited by Cent