TOYS FAQ - The New Noobie questions thread

EXO

Hello again, I have another question I briefly touched upon in the 31 thread: nature of the preorders. I read the response comparing it to amiibo and saw no3ljm say something along the line of "enjoy what we're looking at now and worry about the 5 minute PO later"

Will preorders be announced? Or will they just be there and first to notice wins? Realistically will it be something as short as the amiibo windows? (one minute windows were hilarious)

I'm pretty green when it comes to this market and all I really want is to just get my hands on a 31 (mirage would be nice)

How irritating is the secondhand market to deal with if I miss out on a preorder?

I just want to know if I'm giving myself a headache about this for no reason

Thanks again for being helpful in answering past questions.

that answers most of my questions. thank you very much

Ooppss... I was just trying to be nice for that 5 minutes remark. Should be 1 minute maximum plus the chance of getting Cart-jacked. :lol: Hehehe!

Good luck to all of us on the upcoming DX PO's. ;)

Ooppss... I was just trying to be nice for that 5 minutes remark. Should be 1 minute maximum plus the chance of getting Cart-jacked. :lol: Hehehe!

Good luck to all of us on the upcoming DX PO's. ;)

crap i already gave up my first and secondborne for amiibo

• 1 month later...

So I need help. I am just getting into Macross DYRL toy collecting. Where do I start? I do not do vintage and would prefer to collect the highest quality brand that I can actually complete, without having to go second hand. I see the Focker-1S being released in August. Good place to start?

Nobody has any insight into whether Arcadia will actually re-release other DYRL valkyries apart from the Roy 1S Strike, which leaves you with the Bandai Hi-Metal R, which as been relatively easy to get after release so far. Eliminating the second hand market will make it much harder for you to complete any line though, considering that many second hand items found online are very well kept, almost mint even.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This noobie has some questions concerning the 1/48 perfect tranc Angel Birds VF-1A. The 1A has always been my favorite of the designs so I'm wondering why this one became a "shelf warmer" and why it's price seems the lowest on the aftermarket. Were there issues? Or was it just not a fan favorite?

Also at what year did the 1/48 scale figures get the perfect tranc upgrade? I don't know if I'm actually going to look for any 1/48 but I like to ask a lot of questions....in case you hadn't noticed already.

'Perfect tranc' is translator gibberish for perfect transformation. The 1/48 AB didn't sell well because there were lots of other toys to choose from and the scheme has limited appeal. The 1/60 v2 AB got a better version of the paint scheme and was limited which is why it's not a shelf warmer.

If you're talking about the backpack hook, I applied a thin layer of CA glue on either side surface while it was flipped out of place and let it dry overnight. Then I carefully shaved either layer with the back of an X-Acto blade until it fit snugly. No problems since.

If you're talking about the backpack hook, I applied a thin layer of CA glue on either side surface while it was flipped out of place and let it dry overnight. Then I carefully shaved either layer with the back of an X-Acto blade until it fit snugly. No problems since.

What is CA glue?

**edit nm i pulled on it lightly and it came out**

Anyone have experience switching out the head laser of a VF-25A? I want to put the hard one in cuz the flopping one won't sit straight.

Edited by Sandman

Also is there a way to tighten the vf-25 renewal's arm/shoulders? Specifically the hinge that keeps the arm forward. Mine is so loose that the whole arm flips back 90 degrees.

Here's what I did on my VF-25 Alto on the Macross Maintenance thread. Though I have to say that it's a 'do-it-at-your-own-risk' kind of thing. Hope that helps. ;)

Hey guys. Not sure where to put this question. I have bunches of stuff on HLJ PW and I noticed that FedEx is somehow Y1000-1200 cheaper than EMS. I used FedEx here within US but not from via HLJ. I want to try it just to save a few bucks but I have to ask first if they're ok.

Thanks. :)

For me they're fine. I like the fact that you can have them hold it at one of there locations to pick up which is what I do. One is near me and it's better than leaving it on the porch. All of the boxes sent via Fedex came out without any dents/gouges/damages.

For me they're fine. I like the fact that you can have them hold it at one of there locations to pick up which is what I do. One is near me and it's better than leaving it on the porch. All of the boxes sent via Fedex came out without any dents/gouges/damages.

Thank you for sharing that sir. I always have my packages delivered at work. So I guess, that would be fine. Thanks again. Hope I could get the shipping payment today so they could sent it out tomorrow so it will arrive early next week. ;)

Hey guys. I was looking around on anymoon but couldn't find if there's a review on the Yamato vf-0 figs. I saw the Arcadia review but am looking for a comparison. How is the durability of the Yamato VF-0S & A? I'm just asking out of curiosity at this point but may end up buying something eventually.

Hey guys. I was looking around on anymoon but couldn't find if there's a review on the Yamato vf-0 figs. I saw the Arcadia review but am looking for a comparison. How is the durability of the Yamato VF-0S & A? I'm just asking out of curiosity at this point but may end up buying something eventually.

Good question. I just picked up my never-transformed Yamato VF-0S today and the hands fell out of their sockets and the finger cover thingies just came off. I'm out of touch with the toy scene, but I would recommend staying away from Yamato's bucket-o-pieces. I'm an old-school buyer that remembers the sting of the 1/72 VF-11 hip joint fiasco.

So....anyone know where I can buy spare parts for the Yamato VF-0S? :rolleyes:

Edited by myk

Good question. I just picked up my never-transformed Yamato VF-0S today and the hands fell out of their sockets and the finger cover thingies just came off. I'm out of touch with the toy scene, but I would recommend staying away from Yamato's bucket-o-pieces. I'm an old-school buyer that remembers the sting of the 1/72 VF-11 hip joint fiasco.

So....anyone know where I can buy spare parts for the Yamato VF-0S? :rolleyes:

Can I interest you with my Yamato VF-0S? ^_^

Does anyone know of any "reverse" transformation guides? I see tons of guides on how to go from fighter > gerwalk > to battroid, but zero going in reverse. I know it is theoretically "do what you did to transform, but in reverse" but that doesn't really help much. I really am having trouble getting the main chest piece attached to the back piece going from battroid back to gerwalk. It seems like the sort of "floating" chest piece is really stiff on the hinges, and I'm already seeing a white weak spot on one of the moving plates. This is on the arcadia vf-1s 1/60. Any help would be appreciated.

That would be great. My specific issue is I can't seem to get the die-cast flaps that are on either side of the cock-pit totally raised and flush with the chest piece. I'm already seeing some whitening of the plastic near one of the shoulder hinges, so I really don't want to force anything. I'm not sure if this is an issue other people have, but even in the transformation videos to battroid from gerwalk, that particular step seems to be one people have some trouble with (separating the two die cast flaps from the chest piece).

I guess I'll just leave it in battroid for a while.

That would be great. My specific issue is I can't seem to get the die-cast flaps that are on either side of the cock-pit totally raised and flush with the chest piece. I'm already seeing some whitening of the plastic near one of the shoulder hinges, so I really don't want to force anything. I'm not sure if this is an issue other people have, but even in the transformation videos to battroid from gerwalk, that particular step seems to be one people have some trouble with (separating the two die cast flaps from the chest piece).

I guess I'll just leave it in battroid for a while.

Not sure if I understand it correctly. But so far, I didn't have any problems transforming it back to fighter/gerwalk esp the chest area. I took some photos of the chest area from battroid to fighter. Let me know if you notice something different. Also it's a big help to post photo of the actual area you're talking about when you transform it so we can pinpoint if there's some mistransformation going on. Thanks!

post-5552-0-09573600-1473023424_thumb.jpeg

post-5552-0-03094100-1473023446_thumb.jpeg

post-5552-0-42234000-1473023456_thumb.jpeg

post-5552-0-22338500-1473023467_thumb.jpeg

post-5552-0-97565700-1473023476_thumb.jpeg

post-5552-0-76425300-1473023485_thumb.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone purchased from animepoko.com? According to google they have free shipping? Is this true and are they reputable?

I ordered an SHF figure from them and they never delivered or responded to my inquiries about it. Had to open a dispute with PayPal and ended up getting my money back. Needless to say, I don't recommend them.

Seriously?! Wow very happy i asked. Thanks!

Yeah, only reason I went with them was preorders were sold out at the normal spots and after searching, they were the cheapest I could find. I was iffy about it after reading reviews about them and sure enough, they failed me. Good thing is I was able to find the figure I wanted for less on eBay.