Jasmine models VF-1

jvmacross

When in doubt some super glue with a very fine-tip applicator. I always cheated and sometimes even used clear paint to put on PE parts to plastic, but i've never attempted an all PE model like this potential nightmare of a project

Edited by Duymon

I can just see myself... halfway through it and its a mangled mess, then I think, hey, I can do a CRASH scene! (with a burnt out hulk of an airframe)

I can just see myself... halfway through it and its a mangled mess, then I think, hey, I can do a CRASH scene! (with a burnt out hulk of an airframe)

Oh dude! That'd be AWESOME!

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your interest! And thank you MechTech

The PE VF-1 was designed by me original, start in 2011 for a YAMATO's request. I finished 1st edition made by brass in 2012 that YAMATO displayed.

If the project finished normally, mass production will produced by me.

But YAMATO was bankrupt in 2013, and they have not place mass production order.

So, I decide to release it myself, and add some details that was plan to do before, Exp. engines, gun pod, and so on.

Here is the design process of PE VF-1

3d9b5530gw1eg940l5swbj20sg3ape81

Is this thing "Big West" friendly?

About as "Big West" friendly as other custom creations produced and sold by other members on this site.....wouldn't you say? :rolleyes:

I don't believe I have ever seen this question posed to any of them before... :(

These entrepeneurs all fill a product void......more power to them I say! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my Valkyrie in the mail-wow is it intricate!!! You did a fantastic job on this kit!! :)

Also, any chance you have a higher resolution image of that 'design process' you posted above?

Thank you!

Shawn

just brought one! was an impulse buy... i can't afford this...

I'd buy one...I just don't think I can build it....an online group build...section by section...week by week...lead by a master kit builder would be very helpful with this kit...

Calvin and Hobbs always seems to simplify life!

BAM sells metal works kits. A co-worker has the F-22 (about 1:200th) and it needs no glue ;) - MT

http://www.booksamillion.com/search?id=5996766979103&query=metal+works&where=All

Isn't that called "snap-fit"?

I don't recall them being particularly difficult to build. :p

Is this thing "Big West" friendly?

Considering BW has never made any attempt to shut down the garage kit industry in Japan or here, I'd venture a "Yes" would be the appropriate response...

This kit is insane, but unequaled. I have to have it! My new house don't let me spend money in hobby stuff right now, but may be in a couple months I'll can.

Anyway, I think this idea will work much better in 1/48. Have you thought about it?

This kit is insane, but unequaled. I have to have it! My new house don't let me spend money in hobby stuff right now, but may be in a couple months I'll can.

Anyway, I think this idea will work much better in 1/48. Have you thought about it?

I asked....http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41029&p=1118223

Perhaps if there are many sales at the current scale, other scales will be considered....

Just received my Valkyrie in the mail-wow is it intricate!!! You did a fantastic job on this kit!! :)

Also, any chance you have a higher resolution image of that 'design process' you posted above?

Thank you!

Shawn

Thanks for your support!

The design process image is here: http://photo.weibo.com/1033590064/wbphotos/large/mid/3708670489586568/pid/3d9b5530gw1eg940l5swbj20sg3ape81

I asked....http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41029&p=1118223

Perhaps if there are many sales at the current scale, other scales will be considered....

I think the VF-1 in 1/48 scale is too big for PE model, because the frame can't support the weight of full plane maybe.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion, I will consider it seriously.

I think the VF-1 in 1/48 scale is too big for PE model, because the frame can't support the weight of full plane maybe.Anyway, thanks for your suggestion, I will consider it seriously.

Actually, I would prefer it in 1/60 scale to match the Yamato and Arcadia 1/60 Macross toys...maybe someday?

I think the VF-1 in 1/48 scale is too big for PE model, because the frame can't support the weight of full plane maybe.Anyway, thanks for your suggestion, I will consider it seriously.

May be you can use a thicker metal plate?

Well, I'd love too see it (and build it!) some day. It would be a wonderful piece. But in the meanwhile, I'll buy the 1/72nd.

It has been over 10 years since I have built a Macross Model. I am finally ready to get going again but I am missing the Jasmine PE parts for the 1/72 VF1. I have tried contacting Jasmine Models to see if they might re-stock the photo etched parts, but the response I got was that they will not be re-stocked. :(

Any chance someone can point me in the right direction, or know someone willing to part with some extra. OR, possibly help me by seeing if there are enough people interested in buying more of the Jasmine PE parts?

My opinion is that they are absolutely awesome.

Thank you!