All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

I know I'm like a month late to this party, but Diablo III is pretty great on PS4. Reminds me of the awesome Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games.

Got it earlier this week with Destiny and I still haven't opened it yet

You sure are! I think I mentioned Diablo on this thread before, and I agree that it was a LOT of fun to play. Towards the end I got a little anxious to play Destiny so I just ran through a lot of the final Act without doing much extra exploration.

I finished it last week but I shall keep my thoughts on the ending to myself for now.

-b.

The X04's were a little tight at first, but after wearing them for a while the foam in the ear cups started to soften up and they were getting really comfortable. If TB will pay to ship them back and forth I'll send them in for repairs, if not I don't think it'll be worth sinking any more money into.

No kidding, I bought this current pair to replace a broken pair of X12's. they still work but part of the headband cracked, so they don't sit right on my head anymore and fall off constantly. I decided to give the XO4's a shot since they felt sturdier and better constructed than the X12's. Stupid me I guess. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I was thinking either a pair of stand alone A40's (no mixamp) or pair of Sennheiser PC350's. BTW, is the astro mixamp really worth the $130 and the stupid amount of cables? I kind of prefer just having a headset with a single 4pole 3.5mm headset jack that I can plug into my controller and nothing else, but if the sound quality is just that amazing...

If you are thinking of the Sennheiser PC350's, the special edition is currently on woot.com for $99.99 for the next 7 days or until all are sold. That's $30 cheaper than on Amazon.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

You sure are! I think I mentioned Diablo on this thread before, and I agree that it was a LOT of fun to play. Towards the end I got a little anxious to play Destiny so I just ran through a lot of the final Act without doing much extra exploration.

I finished it last week but I shall keep my thoughts on the ending to myself for now.

-b.

What class did you play? My wizard just beat the living siege engine in Act III.

Guest davidwhangchoi

A few months old..

i finally got around to playing P.T. last week and at the final puzzle. too lazy to open my ps4 box and plug in a mic. so i'm trying to see if i can beat it without one.

anyways Lisa from PT is in metal gear solid 5

I know I'm like a month late to this party, but Diablo III is pretty great on PS4. Reminds me of the awesome Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games.

Yeah I got Diablo 3 UE on XB1 and as fun as vanilla Diablo 3 was D3 UE is soo much better. More fun and another bonus is you don't get dropped from servers ala Destiny..

Anyone planning on picking up shadow of mordor? I've had it pre purchased in steam for a while, excited to get my hands on it soon.

Hoping its on par with the Arkham series, which they used as an inspiration

I wasn't planning on it, since I'm not really into LotR, but I decided to give it a go after all the positive press it's been getting. The combat is definitely Arkham-esque, although it doesn't have quite the same rhythm and flow. I'm also a little bummed because early previews made it seem a little more like Assassin's Creed: Middle Earth, but it's really not.

Although I'm criticizing it for what it's not, I should stress that it's actually pretty good, even if you're not interested in LotR. I mean, I think Tolkein fans will probably appreciate the lore behind the memories on artifacts, but the game's easy enough to follow. And, let's face it, stalking a dude to murder him in the face is fun, whether he's a British soldier or an flappy-eared green-skin with a battle axe.

Well, I think I'm going to quit Shadow of Mordor, and ultimately I'm disappointed with it. It seems all the popular press is infatuated with the game's nemesis system, but I think the game's positives are dragged down by the fact that the game just isn't balanced.

Here's some of the issues I've run into.

When spotted in a stronghold, an enemy will try to sound an alarm. If you kill that enemy, someone else will try to sound an alarm. It's virtually impossible to actually stop the alarm from being sounded, and once it's raised, you're going to get swarmed.

The nemesis system is too random at moving captains. I did a mission to interfere with a duel between two captains. Fighting two at the same time wasn't too bad, but when two other random captains happened to be walking by, suddenly I was overwhelmed. Ironically, the guy who finally got me wasn't a captain, but killing me got him promoted.

The game seems to keep spawning more enemies. I don't mind enemies that respawn after a time. No, I mean I've yet to be able to go into even a small area and kill every orc, because more will keep wandering in from nowhere.

There are berzerker enemies that counter regular hits. No biggie, you're supposed to stun them, then you can flurry on them. Except, as I said, enemies swarm you, and while you're flurrying someone else will hit you. If you try to take them out first, inevitably the berzerker will move into your attack range, you'll accidentally attack him, and get countered.

To make the captains more interesting and to encourage you to gather intel, the game will give them strengths and weaknesses. I've run into a problem where there's one who's basically immune to anything but ranged attacks... of which you only start with four before you run out of ammo. I'm up to eight, and even if all eight were headshots, that's not enough to kill this captain... and I can promise that all eight won't be headshots, because his swarm of buddies will get in the way. I simply cannot kill this dude before he or one of his friends kills me. The kicker is he levels up just for surviving the encounter, which means next time I try he'll have even more hit points.

Oh, and this is the kicker, and while I'm probably just going to quit at less than 50%. I'm at a point where, to advance the game's plot, I have to kill some war chiefs. I have one available to go after, and the game helpfully tells me to try to kill his bodyguards before I do. Yeah, that captain I can't kill? That's one of this chief's bodyguards.

Seeing as how they are just re-releasing the entire series and made such a big deal about it at E3 you would think they could spend the cash for two discs.

343 Exec "Should we split it onto two discs...... ehh screw it lets just save some money and make it a day one patch."

Since it was for sale, I got Microprose F-117 off Gog. thus far, I haven't been able to run it though. Put into compatibility mode and ran it as an admin, get to a screen asking if I'm using a joystick and no Y/N input works. If I hit a number or arrow key, the game crashes. Any idea what to do? Haven't found any solutions on the Gog site. :(

Well, I think I'm going to quit Shadow of Mordor, and ultimately I'm disappointed with it. It seems all the popular press is infatuated with the game's nemesis system, but I think the game's positives are dragged down by the fact that the game just isn't balanced.

Here's some of the issues I've run into.

When spotted in a stronghold, an enemy will try to sound an alarm. If you kill that enemy, someone else will try to sound an alarm. It's virtually impossible to actually stop the alarm from being sounded, and once it's raised, you're going to get swarmed.

The nemesis system is too random at moving captains. I did a mission to interfere with a duel between two captains. Fighting two at the same time wasn't too bad, but when two other random captains happened to be walking by, suddenly I was overwhelmed. Ironically, the guy who finally got me wasn't a captain, but killing me got him promoted.

The game seems to keep spawning more enemies. I don't mind enemies that respawn after a time. No, I mean I've yet to be able to go into even a small area and kill every orc, because more will keep wandering in from nowhere.

There are berzerker enemies that counter regular hits. No biggie, you're supposed to stun them, then you can flurry on them. Except, as I said, enemies swarm you, and while you're flurrying someone else will hit you. If you try to take them out first, inevitably the berzerker will move into your attack range, you'll accidentally attack him, and get countered.

To make the captains more interesting and to encourage you to gather intel, the game will give them strengths and weaknesses. I've run into a problem where there's one who's basically immune to anything but ranged attacks... of which you only start with four before you run out of ammo. I'm up to eight, and even if all eight were headshots, that's not enough to kill this captain... and I can promise that all eight won't be headshots, because his swarm of buddies will get in the way. I simply cannot kill this dude before he or one of his friends kills me. The kicker is he levels up just for surviving the encounter, which means next time I try he'll have even more hit points.

Oh, and this is the kicker, and while I'm probably just going to quit at less than 50%. I'm at a point where, to advance the game's plot, I have to kill some war chiefs. I have one available to go after, and the game helpfully tells me to try to kill his bodyguards before I do. Yeah, that captain I can't kill? That's one of this chief's bodyguards.

Dang man, sorry to hear that. I've actually been having a ton of fun with the game (and I think I'm right about where you stopped playing). I too initially started the game frustrated at how quickly the warchief's buddies take you out before you can grab and dominate him, so I spent some time and upgraded that area of effect smash attack (don't know what it's called). I then went ahead and upgraded my hit count bonus (making a well timed attack worth x3 hits, and you only need five now to unlock a finisher).

Now, when I jump in, I build up five hits as quick as possible, and spam the area of effect finisher, which pushes everyone back while doing a little damage. Rinse and repeat until the grunts go down, and the captains are near the end of their health. Then, I pick them off one by one till the chief is left (unless I can somehow get lucky and grab him first). Kind of tedious, but I'm predisposed to enjoying this type of combat, as it's really similar to arkham (albeit, more brutal), and I loved arkham.

Lastly, for your "only ranged attacks work" uberbro, I haven't encountered someone like this, but I'd recommend getting the auto-dominate combo finisher, which lets you automatically dominate an orc, which regenerates your arrows as a side effect. I've spent a lot of time upgrading my stats rather than playing the story missions, so YMMV on how feasible/efficient this is.

I honestly completely understand how you feel about how OP some of these guys feel. In the first area of the game, the first warchief I fought took my down 8 times, before I up and quit, only coming back to finish the job before moving on the next (grassy) area. I thought it was "cool" and "innovative" at first how time continues after you fall, but it sort of got annoying quick.

I've currently stopped playing the game for now (as I picked up Bravely Default, which is awesome, for the moment), but I'll get back to it once I tire out of Bravely Default

Edited by Archer

Dang man, sorry to hear that. I've actually been having a ton of fun with the game (and I think I'm right about where you stopped playing). I too initially started the game frustrated at how quickly the warchief's buddies take you out before you can grab and dominate him, so I spent some time and upgraded that area of effect smash attack (don't know what it's called). I then went ahead and upgraded my hit count bonus (making a well timed attack worth x3 hits, and you only need five now to unlock a finisher).

Now, when I jump in, I build up five hits as quick as possible, and spam the area of effect finisher, which pushes everyone back while doing a little damage. Rinse and repeat until the grunts go down, and the captains are near the end of their health. Then, I pick them off one by one till the chief is left (unless I can somehow get lucky and grab him first). Kind of tedious, but I'm predisposed to enjoying this type of combat, as it's really similar to arkham (albeit, more brutal), and I loved arkham.

Lastly, for your "only ranged attacks work" uberbro, I haven't encountered someone like this, but I'd recommend getting the auto-dominate combo finisher, which lets you automatically dominate an orc, which regenerates your arrows as a side effect. I've spent a lot of time upgrading my stats rather than playing the story missions, so YMMV on how feasible/efficient this is.

I honestly completely understand how you feel about how OP some of these guys feel. In the first area of the game, the first warchief I fought took my down 8 times, before I up and quit, only coming back to finish the job before moving on the next (grassy) area. I thought it was "cool" and "innovative" at first how time continues after you fall, but it sort of got annoying quick.

I've currently stopped playing the game for now (as I picked up Bravely Default, which is awesome, for the moment), but I'll get back to it once I tire out of Bravely Default

Yeah, I kinda got back to it too. What I wound up doing is simply ignoring that warchief and his bodyguard.

Now there's a captain wandering around who's immune to everything. Immune to stealth, immune to combat, immune to ranged. The only thing I can think of that might work is riding a graug, but even then he's strong vs beasts.

Now I probably will quit it without finishing it, but it's less from frustration and more because I'm getting tired of it and I have other things to play now. I picked up Sleeping Dogs (again) for the PS4, but I also have been in a Gundam mood and I've started importing used copies of the PS3 games from an Amazon seller. I wound up getting Gundam Unicorn (bleh), Battlefield Record 0081 (ok, until that dang Grublo!), ACE R (meh), Gundam Extreme Vs (haven't played it, but I liked previous games in the series) and Gundam Breaker (very addictive) for around $80 total, including shipping.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I just beat watchdogs PS4. Picked it up on a sale for 20 bucks. Its feel just like sleepingdogs. I think i like hong kong triads better. But pretty decent that i finished it.

Dialogue Script is forced and almost terrible but the story is decent.

Picked up Shadow of Mordor over the weekend, I'll give it a go in the next couple of days or so.

I also really need to get back into Destiny, I stopped at level 20 since now you really have to grind, grind, grind along with playing in the Crucible (which I'm not a fan of) to level up.

-b.

Picked up Shadow of Mordor over the weekend, I'll give it a go in the next couple of days or so.

I also really need to get back into Destiny, I stopped at level 20 since now you really have to grind, grind, grind along with playing in the Crucible (which I'm not a fan of) to level up.

-b.

Its a grind grind grind. 20-23-4 is not bad. Once you hit 25 its all about farming your ores,heliums,spins,etc...

Its a grind grind grind. 20-23-4 is not bad. Once you hit 25 its all about farming your ores,heliums,spins,etc...

Cool, thank you. Then I need to get back to it then.

And as far as farming for ores, spin metal, etc. that's something that I'd gotten accustomed to doing as far back as the beta so that should be a breeze.

Sorry, I know Destiny has it's own dedicated thread.

I also need to trade in a bunch of games for PS4 that I have just collecting dust, like Killzone Shadow Fall, Battefield 4, Call of Duty Ghosts, and Second Son. I'll probably NEVER get around to playing any of them.

-b.

I also need to trade in a bunch of games for PS4 that I have just collecting dust, like Killzone Shadow Fall, Battefield 4, Call of Duty Ghosts, and Second Son. I'll probably NEVER get around to playing any of them.

-b.

Far be it from me to dissuade you on Killzone, which I found to be rather dull, or Ghosts, which I thought was both boring and stupid. But Second Son is worth getting around to.

Honestly, outside of some sunk cost "I spent money on it, so I better play it" I really don't get why people are bothering with Destiny.

(Never played Battlefield 4, so I can't judge.)

Far be it from me to dissuade you on Killzone, which I found to be rather dull, or Ghosts, which I thought was both boring and stupid. But Second Son is worth getting around to.

Honestly, outside of some sunk cost "I spent money on it, so I better play it" I really don't get why people are bothering with Destiny.

Cool, all of the games are at least opened so I don't loose anything by checking it out. And if I end up enjoying Second Son then I will keep it. I'll let you know how that turns out.

I actually enjoy Destiny, but I'm not a fan of the leveling system post level 20. I'm a plug and play guy for most of the games I play and only if a game really captures my attention will I do whatever is necessary to enjoy the full experience (Mass Effect Trilogy, Diablo III being the most recent examples of games I've actually finished and/or replayed). Otherwise I end up with another to add to the trade-in list.

-b.

Because it was so bad with BF4, we wanted to see how they were going to fix this. And because players became "unintentional beta testers". Probably something we don't want to repeat with BF: Hardline.