MACROSS 30: Hints & Tips

Tochiro

Unable to resist the shiny glittering lights on the ground, It seems that I have filled up my inventroy, does anyone know what the BOX item is and or how to store them somewhere else

Update.-

I feel silly now, it was my ammo...

Yeah, those are ammo boxes, for when you need to reload. You won't need to carry so much, especially at first, so you should manually transfer the items into the storage area on the ship every so often. I find that 3 or 4 boxes per weapon are enough to have in-hand, the rest can go into storage. Carrying fewer items onto the field means you can have more items to pick up while you're out there and take back home before you reach the limit.

you can play with your us account even with dlc from jp one

i have unlocked in another race blue-print for VF1A "skull squadron custom ",there is 3 color red,blue,green and his Special attack you see the 3 shoot in same time

Can you say me what is the Red guild mission lv 22?it is for this moment the only i do not found

You might have problems downloading any new DLC from PSN if you play from a non-JP PSN account though, if the DLC applies to savegames instead of game data. Dunno about Macross 30 though, mine hasn't arrived yet.

Edited by hulagu

Yeah, those are ammo boxes, for when you need to reload. You won't need to carry so much, especially at first, so you should manually transfer the items into the storage area on the ship every so often. I find that 3 or 4 boxes per weapon are enough to have in-hand, the rest can go into storage. Carrying fewer items onto the field means you can have more items to pick up while you're out there and take back home before you reach the limit.

Yup, so far I have been selling my box 3 ammo cuz I never use the head laser. I have mainly been using my gunpod so I am swimming in ammo. Upping the damage on the pod gives the oomf to take out some of the bandit motherships.

the third weapon is not always haed laser

with strike pack it is beam ,with double strike pack the double beam,and with VF1S "skull squadron custom " you shoot a nuclear missile

with mico missile ammo go fast,maybe because i play in hard i have to shoot more

so far in chapter 3 i have VF1A ,VF1 J, VF1A,J,S SKull squadon custom ,with them we can use POWER,STRIKE or Double Strike pack

Guys, need your help. I'm used to the previous PS3 / PSP games so I chose controller Type A. I found out that it's not good for free roaming as the POV depends on the lock on targets. I switched to controller Type C as Tochiro recommended but I found out that the I have to keep pressing the lock on button, otherwise a lot of ammo will be wasted.

Is there any way to "unlock" the target in controller Type A or to keep a fixed lock on Type C?

Guys, need your help. I'm used to the previous PS3 / PSP games so I chose controller Type A. I found out that it's not good for free roaming as the POV depends on the lock on targets. I switched to controller Type C as Tochiro recommended but I found out that the I have to keep pressing the lock on button, otherwise a lot of ammo will be wasted.

Is there any way to "unlock" the target in controller Type A or to keep a fixed lock on Type C?

What do you mean by having to keep pressing the lock on button? If you are just free roaming and not in combat, then you shouldnt need to press it. In-combat, the whole point of the system is that it changes the POV to make the battles more cinematic. Having said this, the most dramatic POV changes in-combat only happen if you are in fighter mode. In which case, I'd suggest using Gerwalk instead.

One question:

How can I install a optional pack into my Valk?

I had developed a VF-0 Ghost Booster Pack, but I don't know how to install it.

Small window that is overlayed on the window that shows the valk you have selected in the hanger.

Yeah, you "unlock" the targets by pressing L1 and R1 together. Simple. It's the same in the PSP games, by the way.

The problem of installing pack is solved.

Story walkthrough:

Mina decided to be a Valk pilot, Aisha gave her a VF-11 Thunderbolt, and assigned her and Leon to a simple container picking mission. They spotted an adult Vajra drifting around the mission area. Don't attack it, it is a lv 27 enemy, focus on your container search and retrieve job.

That is all of the Chapter 1 story.

Chapter 2.

Aisha received an request from Lilong, she wanted them to sweep the Vajra threat, and spotted a "Knight" in VF-25 Messiah Valk who was protecting the Vajras.

When Leon's team arrived the place, they engaged the Vajra. And then A VF-25 Messiah came and fight Leon. It's Alto and Sheryl. Alto didn't believe everything on the planet, and feel hyped up when he's fighting, until Sheryl spoke up. Alto stopped the hostility and go with Leon. He explained that Vajra is not human's enemy, somebody was controlling them with implanted machine. And the couple were attacked by unknown enemy when they arrived Ouroburos.

Mina felt excited to see Sheryl. When Sheryl touched Mina, Mina fainted again and Sheryl felt strange.

Thoughts on Valk:

-VF-0 Ghost

VF-0D--->VF-0A--->VF-0S------>VF-1A

-VF-0S(SS)

SV-51a

YF-29(30th)

When I applied the Ghost Booster on my VF-0S(SS), the speed is going faster but harder to rudder the plane.

Finally, I got the DLC YF-29! It's quite weak because it's consider as a "beginner" machine. Until you upgrade it.

So can someone please give me (or us) a translation of the shop menus (just the basic main tab menus) of the SMS shop and the SDFN-8 I feel like the first two selection in the shop are the same. But everything else im slowly learning by trial and error. So far I love this game I lost track of time and its all ready 4am .

in shop

-buy

-buy go in ship stockage

sell (your inventary)

sell item from ship stockage

i am now in chapter 4 ,it s the second map,you can back in first map to make guild mission,there was even new one and finally gain 2 rank2 valk likeVF0D you can now boost them with little more than 100000pt...

ooo save rdgulary i have just lost 2h of play because a loading freeze (only the first in 30h)

Might seem kinda stupid, but how do I use other Valks? I'm stuck on the first one and I've made the next 2, but I can't seem to swap to them. I've literally pressed every button on the controller and nothing works.

EDIT: Never mind. Found it out and now I feel stupid. XD

Edited by Zerotaku1

Yeah, I actually fell asleep in the hangar menu last night at 6am :lol: Fortunately I managed to get back to base before faceplanting into my couch.

The shop menus were kind of interesting, this is the second time I've seen a game where you can purchase or sell things to or from your current inventory, or storage.

If anyone needs a quick reference for the quest menu:
1: Select Quest

2: Turn In Quest (ones you can turn in will show up light blue)

3: Give Up Quest

I think the one option I'd really love to see most right now is the ability to select which weapons you carry with a little more flexibility. My ghost-boosted VF-0S is still better than my VF-1A in some ways, but I can't carry reaction missiles on the ghost version. The micro missile pods still get the job done, but I love those nice big explosion effects. ^_^

Also, loving that valks have separate sound sets. The classic VF-1 gunpod and missile sounds made me smile. :)

Edit: Oh, if you've made them already, what you need to do is go into the first option on the hangar, and select which pilot you're editing with L1/R1. Move down one row, and you should be at the aircraft selection, then you can move left or right to pick different planes. Moving down one more row will let you select pilots and passengers.

Once you unlock different weapon options, moving down one from the aircraft lets you select different fast packs or weapon loadouts with left and right, bumping pilot and crew to the third and fourth selections respectively.

Edited by Chronocidal

Stupid question where is the quest menu? I've just been the quests they give me.

You actually have to go to one of the Hunter Guilds (towns) outside of the ship.

Each town will have different missions.

Its best to do these immediately after a story mission, when they put you back on the area map since returning to your base ship will automatically start the next story mission instead.

Also, why the hell are steak, pine salad and pine cake status boosting items!?!?!?!?! lol.

How exactly do you unlock the different paint schemes? I'm up to chapter 4, and still haven't unlocked any alternate schemes at all. Up to the VF-11C, and still nothing but the defaults. No VF-1 strike pack either. :blink:

I know some of the blueprints have to be bought from various locations, but I haven't seen anything like a paintscheme yet.

How exactly do you unlock the different paint schemes? I'm up to chapter 4, and still haven't unlocked any alternate schemes at all. Up to the VF-11C, and still nothing but the defaults. No VF-1 strike pack either. :blink:

I know some of the blueprints have to be bought from various locations, but I haven't seen anything like a paintscheme yet.

Some blueprints should be the prize of some Vanquish Races.

You can select them from the hangar menu. When you go into the menu screen with the valk stats, one of the selectable options underneath all the tuning is the colour selection. There should be about four colouring options for each valk. So far, it seems you cannot make your own like you could in the PSP games. :(

The fokkers vf-0s I got from a side quest, from the one town nearest the mothership, it was a red marked quest the had vf-0s in the description, it's a totally separate craft than the one that you get as SMS.

The sv-51 fast pack is the lvl3 vanquish silver prize, I just got it, I can say vanquish races are not my thing...I have no idea how one gets gold..I barely made silver hitting each marker dead on and boosting for like 90% of the race.

I get the feeling those will get much easier as you unlock higher level valks, and the ability to boost their stats above rank 1. I was within one second of getting the silver on one of them, but figured I'd wait for a faster plane.

I also think it'd be MUCH easier to run them with the controls set to normal, instead of having to roll all over the sky to get through the targets.

You can select them from the hangar menu. When you go into the menu screen with the valk stats, one of the selectable options underneath all the tuning is the colour selection. There should be about four colouring options for each valk. So far, it seems you cannot make your own like you could in the PSP games. :(

That's the only thing I feel disappointed about this game.

Does anyone know if the stats for valks are in the same order as the Ultimate Frontier games? Don't know where my PSP is so I'm having trouble making heads or tails of the stats that aren't in katakana.

EDIT: Nevermind, found my old MUF guide. Everything looks the same except for stability being taken out. I'm going to take my time grinding each valk. I'm having a lot of fun so far!

Edited by TyrValein

Does anyone know if the stats for valks are in the same order as the Ultimate Frontier games? Don't know where my PSP is so I'm having trouble making heads or tails of the stats that aren't in katakana.

EDIT: Nevermind, found my old MUF guide. Everything looks the same except for stability being taken out. I'm going to take my time grinding each valk. I'm having a lot of fun so far!

Nope, the Valks stats in Mac30 are totally different from PSP MAF/MUF/MTF series. But the customization system is still the same.

The order of the customization menu in Mac30:

Body--->Gun Pod--->Melee--->Weapon 1--->Weapon 2--->Weapon 3

and you can buy customization points by spending money.