you get paid to build model kits!?!?!?!?!?!???? are you hiring?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

close but no. I just have such a long commute I always end up with an hour before I gotta actually start so I always bring something I'm working on to pass the time.

post office tried to deliver my unicorn kit but of course the usual thing no one home can't drop it off. made arrangements to get it tomorrow after work.

Something feels off. I just finished the O Raiser and it says each wing takes an LED. So that's two..........the Twin Drives take 1 each....that's 4. The head supposedly lights up........that's 5..........I only got 3 LED's....how the hell? Is this right?!

Something feels off. I just finished the O Raiser and it says each wing takes an LED. So that's two..........the Twin Drives take 1 each....that's 4. The head supposedly lights up........that's 5..........I only got 3 LED's....how the hell? Is this right?!

It's the Master Grade Gundam 00 Raiser it, right? According to Gundam Planet, the kit can take 5 LEDs, but is only supposed to come with 1. The blog Mech9 and Amazon's product description second that, so if anything it sounds like you lucked out. Gundam Planet says you can buy the extra LEDs separately, but I can't find a listing.

I've got 2 leds arriving today so I only thought it needed 3. the instructions don't indicate 5 until you are in the middle of assembly and I got this at a hobby store so they wouldn't of known.

if I got too I got spare lights in the Hi-Nu, Nu and old Exia. I'll be fine. just means more batteries if those are dead

speaking of which, Amazon just dropped the ball and now my led set won't arrive until the weekend. I called Amazon asking what happened all I was told was wrong tracking info and pretty much oh well.

I told them as a prime user it's unacceptable to have advertisements stating 2 day garuntee and not recieve it a week after ordering.

so I got a 90% refund, close as I'll get.

but now means this gundam won't be complete until Sunday or Monday.

Despite buying a lot from Amazon, I actually quit Prime. All of the benefits they keep adding don't appeal to me (or in the case of Instant Video, not good enough to switch from Netflix), and most of the time I'm patient enough that I can just spend over $35 and wait a little longer.

Sometimes, though I think they screw with non-Prime customers. I preorded a book, and they hadn't even prepared the order the day after release. But on those occasions, I send Amazon a nasty email, they change the shipping to one or two day, and then I'm set.

it just doesn't fly with me when you use your prime and say it's shipped but then delay it almost a week after ordering. it sent Monday and now I don't get it until the weekend? and they pretty much said "hey that's life." so I just told them what's the point of spending a hundred dollars a year for hardly any movies worth watching that are already available on Netflix and Hulu then delaying packages with a 2 day delivery? I'd be okay if it were a day late....but 3? and being the 2nd package this week to be delayed? come on!

You're ordering during the busiest shipping time of the year. UPS alone has hired 95,000 temporary workers. And a lot of the time, it's not even Amazon's fault stuff isn't getting shipped right. Once it leaves the warehouse, it's in the shipping company's hands.

I, for one, have really enjoyed having Prime. I don't care about any of the secondary benefits, I just know that free 2-day shipping is awesome, and the $8 upgrade to next-day shipping is super cool. Plus, I signed up my account with a student email address, so I get it half-off. I've never had a miss on the 2-day shipping, or even the next-day shipping, and I've definitely used more than the subscription fee in shipping costs.

Of course, I can't check my email or log into Amazon for another week or so, because my family are using my Prime account to get gifts for everyone (including me) and, you know, spoilers. But everyone's gonna get their stuff on time with free shipping, so that's pretty nice.

I know it's the busiest time of the year. I understand that. my problem is the item shipped Monday under the 2 day agreement. problem is don't advertise it to arrive on X day and when X day comes you suddenly get a notice saying "we screwed up and your package won't be showing up for 3 more days after our initial promise."

where I work if we say "yes we can have it there on X day" and it doesn't show up on time we take the heat for it not ups.

Typically, if Amazon quotes a guaranteed "delivery" date for Prime shipping, and they miss that date, they will offer to a month to your subscription if you call them on it (up to a maximum of 12 occurrences per subscription year). Although, in this case, you might have made out even better with that refund.

P.S. I've had several "misses" in my first year as a subscriber, including one in my free trial month, but Amazon has stood behind their agreement and given us the free month each time. I won't personally complain about that. But everyone will feel differently about which Prime benefits are valuable to them, and what they are worth.

Edited by Nekko Basara

considering the amount of times I buy from them it alone is worth prime, but when you've had several bad things it makes it hard. start of the year they missed a delivery by several days, another where it went to the wrong address and a few damaged.

but yeah I guess I'll just have to sit still and wait and just kinda work in parts not related to the leds which won't be to hard just boring.

I think it's the curse of the 00. gotta find those matching drives so I gotta test the one I had for exia and the one on hi nu or nu gundam little later.

but yes I do blame Amazon. I ship stuff all the time, almost daily. if you don't put the right shipping type on there you're screwed.

either way, got my unicorn! box is HUGE!!

I think it's the curse of the 00. gotta find those matching drives so I gotta test the one I had for exia and the one on hi nu or nu gundam little later.

but yes I do blame Amazon. I ship stuff all the time, almost daily. if you don't put the right shipping type on there you're screwed.

either way, got my unicorn! box is HUGE!!

Grats, man! Enjoy! Agree that you should get what you pay for with prime!

Grats, man! Enjoy! Agree that you should get what you pay for with prime!

Yeah sadly Exia's LED is busted. Which doesn't surprise me I got this kit around 2008 when it first released. I would think batteries would just be the only cause but it looks like the whole unit is dead. That kinda says something about quality : /

*snip*

UN_MARINE, can't wait to see some full shots. I know some people feel like panel-lining doesn't look "realistic," but I'd like to show them your work. I feel like the way you've done it really comes across as a hard-working war machine.

*snip*

Cool, thanks! Sure, feel free to share the pic. Yup, I was trying to make it look like it's been in operation for a while.

EDIT: Typos

Edited by UN_MARINE

Well, now I'm full blown pissed off. These should of shown up 2 days ago, they finally show up today and guess what? Both are duds, they won't light up. Even went to the store, spent another 12 bucks on 2 lil batteries and neither of them will light up. Contacted amazon and they only will issue a refund which I'm already getting so what's the point?

Can't reorder them either without spending anywhere from 6-20 dollars depending on when I want to get them, why? Just so I can have bunk again? -_- this is just........disappointing. I forgot how much of a crap shoot these lights can be.

You just don't have any luck, dude. Hory Froating Head-sama must be angry with you.

I suggest you repent for whatever you did.

HoryFroatingHead.jpg

If it were it's probably because I stopped buying Macross stuff to support Gundam.

But I also remember that Bandai's LED's aren't always reliable.

Have any of you guys built the HG Psyco Gundam? If so, do you know if it fits in a Detolf?

I want to keep my Gunpla on the same scale, and I currently have them in a pair of Detolfs. They're on the glass shelves, but they look kind of empty with nothing on the bottom. Most 1/144 gunplas seem too small for that area, though. i was thinking something bigger might do it.

Just grab an LED and a watch battery. Bend the terminals to contact the battery and put it in your gunpla.

Except the area it needs to go in has to be able to turn on and off thru the gunpla body piece. It hurts my brain thinking about those things.

Have any of you guys built the HG Psyco Gundam? If so, do you know if it fits in a Detolf?

I want to keep my Gunpla on the same scale, and I currently have them in a pair of Detolfs. They're on the glass shelves, but they look kind of empty with nothing on the bottom. Most 1/144 gunplas seem too small for that area, though. i was thinking something bigger might do it.

No, it doesn't fit. The height alone on the kit is 15 inches when built. I think the opening channel is 14 high 11 wide. Which is why I'm cringing right now on my PG unicorn, I think it's to big and that's not including the stand -_-

Am I the only gunpla guy who doesn't like Detolfs?

i dunno. I mean, I don't think they're ideal, but I haven't found anything better that didn't cost a fortune.

No, it doesn't fit.

Bummer. I think I can still cram Kshatryia in there, but I dunno about the other one then.

i dunno. I mean, I don't think they're ideal, but I haven't found anything better that didn't cost a fortune.

Bummer. I think I can still cram Kshatryia in there, but I dunno about the other one then.

I'm actually almost out of space. I have 7 Detolf cases and they're pretty much crammed. So this means I need to start figuring out what can go back in their tubs or boxes. That might happen this week.

No, it doesn't fit. The height alone on the kit is 15 inches when built. I think the opening channel is 14 high 11 wide. Which is why I'm cringing right now on my PG unicorn, I think it's to big and that's not including the stand -_-

I've been told in the past that the individual shelves are 15x13x15.

Edited by anime52k8

I've been told in the past that the individual shelves are 15x13x15.

I could always build a Psyco Gundam, maybe pose it in a low stance, see if it'll go. And if not, set it on top... Those Detolfs are shorter than I'd like anyway.

I'm actually almost out of space. I have 7 Detolf cases and they're pretty much crammed. So this means I need to start figuring out what can go back in their tubs or boxes. That might happen this week.

Dang! I just have two. One has nothing on the third shelf, and I could cram a few more on all the shelves. But, I'm just using them for 1/144 gunpla. My Transformers are either on bookshelves in my computer room or in a tub in the closet.

I just don't dig the whole glass case thing. I prefer bookshelves and wall shelves. Detolfs get cramped easily, which looks weird in contrast with the openness the glass is supposed to promote.

qX4GmQD.png

Well you're not really suppose to just cram the detolf cases, but when yo're like me and you have a ton of crap you kind of just tend too. I'll tell you what though they're not very Macross friendly.

I got so many of these and delivered because when we moved into our new house we decided to get everything we needed to make it a nice place. So I was originally going to have 3 rooms, bedroom, theater room, work room. The work room was going to house all my stuff but in the end we changed our minds and have 2 rooms each, 2 bedrooms, and 2 places to call our own and then 1 room being a study and 1 room being a work out or guest bedroom.

In the end after measuring the room I had for my theater stuff I could only fit 7 detolf cases. I wanted like 12, could of gotten 12. But the only wall I could put them in could fit 7.

post-600-0-33592200-1419149107_thumb.jpg
Unicorn is coming out well I had to burn off some caffeine so I started building tonight after the christmas party.
I like how everything services a purpose for the parts, no matter how odd they look. I have 3 sections left to go before I begin the wiring of the LED's and getting them placed. I'm very nervous as I dunno if I'm looking at the booklet right on what it wants me to do.

But today was also a lot of fun. Gonna be a good vacation.

That's just it: a Detolf doesn't hold all that much. They're rather constricted, so everyone who has one, has it crammed full of gunpla and figures. I reckon 2 large Billy bookcases (or the one extra-large double-Billy) could hold more than 4 Detolfs, with a less-cramped layout, for less than the price of 3 of the glass cases. It's also my personal opinion that the sturdy wood shelving unit looks better than the glass cases.

Every time I see the PG Unicorn, I like it more. I knew Bandai wouldn't let us down. The only letdown was some of the initial promotional material.

I live in Texas. Between dust coming in from outside, and the whole house being made of cellulose, (not to mention my 4 cats, my dad's 12 or so birds, and the rest of my family) dust is a major issue. I usually just try to keep my displays blown down, but I have considered getting a couple Billy with either the Morliden or Oxberg glass doors. I'm led to believe the hazed look on Morliden is just an optional panel, and that the glass itself is clear.

Of course, it is more expensive, and I'm still not a big fan of closed displays, but it is another option.

Oh the things I would do if I had money.