All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

My Life for Aiur! Final part of SC2 trilogy came out yesterday. Got to play that just to finish of the story.

Yeah, I'm going to play the expansion just for the single player campaign too. While the multiplayer is fun I just don't have the time for it. Sadly it seems like this will be the last RTS I play for some time as I don't see anything interesting on the horizon. RTS games seem to be a dying genre these days :(

EA is kind of silly, maybe star wars battlefront is not that good :unsure: :

http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/12/9724656/star-wars-battlefront-reviews-ea-access

You'll be paying $60 for 23 GB on PlayStation 4, 19 GB on Xbox One, and 27 GB on PC. My BF4 folder is 64 GB after all the DLCs and updates. If this doesn't scream DLCs, not sure what will. And Battlefront doesn't have a single player component.

Yeah, I'm going to play the expansion just for the single player campaign too. While the multiplayer is fun I just don't have the time for it. Sadly it seems like this will be the last RTS I play for some time as I don't see anything interesting on the horizon. RTS games seem to be a dying genre these days :(

Yeah, it's a shame. For me the online aspect is a bonus that supplements the story of the single player campaign. Multiplayer is great fun and all but sometimes I'd like to know why I'm kicking your ass in this battle, some objective I need to achieve. I loved the old game Myth(from Bungie) for that reason. 3D, destructible terrain, troop formations! Too bad that game ip is dead. Good news is the BattleTech game got funded on Kickstarter. I've got that to look forward to.

I have two quick questions about Windows 10 and X-Box games as the MS website kind of dances around it.

#1: Do you have to own an XBox in order to play the Xbox 360/One games on a Windows 10 Machine? It seems like you have to run the game on the console and can then play it one the computer, which is all kind of BS.

#2: Do you then have to use X-Box Live? I have no interest in the service as I do not play anything multiplayer and just play the campaigns.

I have two quick questions about Windows 10 and X-Box games as the MS website kind of dances around it.

#1: Do you have to own an XBox in order to play the Xbox 360/One games on a Windows 10 Machine? It seems like you have to run the game on the console and can then play it one the computer, which is all kind of BS.

#2: Do you then have to use X-Box Live? I have no interest in the service as I do not play anything multiplayer and just play the campaigns.

1 Yes, you must have an Xbox One. It's a streaming deal. The Xbox is running the software, the PC is just displaying it and sending input back to the console. It's not for circumventing the console, but it can be useful. I was playing NHL 16, for which there is no PC version, while watching a hockey game on the TV that my Xbox is hooked up to.

2 You don't have to use the paid Xbox Live Gold, no. You do have to use Xbox Live Silver/a Microsoft account. Then you simply log into the Xbox itself and the Xbox app on your Windows 10 PC. If they're on the same network, your Xbox will show up in the app as available for streaming.

When it comes to streaming, I've done PC to Shield, PC to PC via Steam, PS4 to Vita, PS4 to PSTV, and Xbox One to PC. I'd say that Xbox One to PC is probably the best, along with Steam.

Anyone play Battlefront yet? Heard they worked-around-fixed the crappy spawn system but it's still not a sure fix. Explosive spam will be through the roof in about 2 weeks when everyone levels up and unlocks everything. Saw that coming in the beta. Heard content was lacking for a $60 game. Four maps, 11 primary guns and casual gamer-gameplay. And stupid lock-on 1-shot which basically has no counter except spamming the jetpack button and hoping you avoid the missile.

I'm skipping Battlefront too, I despised the beta. To me, it actually felt too much like Battlefield and not at all like Battlefront in any way, plus it had god awful spawns, and it seems like over 1/4 of the content was cut and saved for the stupidly expensive season pass. I'll stick with Fallout 4, this one was an easy pass.

I've been looking at getting Killing Floor 2 to play with my gf. Has anyone played KF2 or KF1 and can you give an opinion on what you thought? This game should be right down our alley, as we actually met in a pickup game of L4D2 four years ago.

Oh, and check out Galak-Z! It should totally appeal to the vast majority of MW forum goers!

Anyone play Battlefront yet?

Fully intended to pass. As much as I loved the original Pandemic games, I never really had the sense that EA "got" Battlefront. The reviews have sort of reinforced that notion. Frankly, it just didn't seem like a game worth $60, especially with next to no singleplayer (I'm not a multiplayer gamer). Plus, you know, Fallout 4.

I was talking to a buddy of mine who's at EA, though. He said he's going to send me an Origin key on Monday, so I guess I'm going to play it now.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Fully intended to pass. As much as I loved the original Pandemic games, I never really had the sense that EA "got" Battlefront. The reviews have sort of reinforced that notion. Frankly, it just didn't seem like a game worth $60, especially with next to no singleplayer (I'm not a multiplayer gamer). Plus, you know, Fallout 4.

I was talking to a buddy of mine who's at EA, though. He said he's going to send me an Origin key on Monday, so I guess I'm going to play it now.

hey mike s.

is this a good deal, what do you think?

Persona 4 Golden $9.90 PSN Digital Download

http://slickdeals.net/f/8263653-persona-4-golden-9-90-psn-digital-download?v=1

i got a pstv and need something to use it on. not sure what to buy.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

not sure if anyone cares but

Contra Shattered Soldier PS2 classic is on sale for $1.50 on PSN (for ps plus users), grabbed it with persona golden as a dollar fifty is nothing and i never played the ps2 contra.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/contra-shattered-soldier-(ps2-classic)/cid=UP9000-NPUD20306_00-0000000000000000

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

i brought a pstv bundle with a dual shock 3 and 8 mb card last year with lego and slycooper for 50. just opened it up, still downloading some games.