South Ataria in FSX

Gerli

This is a little project in which I was working since the beginning of the year. I had created a lot of scenery for Flight Simulator X in the past (Mostly Argentina airports) buy this is my first time creating something "Fictional".

It's still in development but all the things are (mostly) in place. I need to expand the city and add some (military) traffic to the airport. Also I need to improve some of the geometry and textures of the Ship.

Sorry about the quality of the video, my internet connection is not very reliable to upload big files...

fsx_2014_10_02_22_36_28_63.jpg
fsx_2014_10_02_22_36_50_35.jpg
fsx_2014_10_02_22_38_50_09.jpg
fsx_2014_10_02_22_41_39_66.jpg
fsx_2014_10_02_22_43_54_29.jpg
Edited by Gerli

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

im impressed. are the high sections on bridge mounts there because that part of the island floods?

You mean the highways? I saw some of them in TVA and put them on the scenery, looks cool :) There are some part of the city still unfinished, I need to put more buildings around them

G_P_SDF_Macross_01_x264_3_A08_E61_D_mkv_

The terran where the SDF-1 is on it's like 100meters above sea level I think

Edited by Gerli

FSX is coming to Steam soon (next week) Maybe the performance may get better with the new Windows 8 support.

Anyway I'm done with the city... at least with the buildings; I have to add some vegetations and rocks on the craters.

fsx_2014_12_13_23_20_18_11.jpg
fsx_2014_12_13_23_24_45_30.jpg

Moving into the "interactive" part of the scenery I begin working with the civilian Airport... it's seems civilians and military share the same airport so I transform one of the plataform in a passangers terminal. I don't have data about this so I used a building that I made some years ago from an Argentinian airport and changed the name :p

It's not much futuristic but for a regional airport... it's ok I guess... (Maybe I should add some UNSpacy flags and other things)

fsx_2014_12_17_23_22_41_81.jpg
fsx_2014_12_17_23_24_05_59.jpg
fsx_2014_12_17_23_24_22_81.jpg

I picked up a copy and can report FSX runs much better via the steam version. Most mods seem to be comptaible too.

I would be happy to help beta test the island :) I'm tempted to get back into modding FSX because we really need a nice looking VF1 with a VC (no offense to whoever made it, but why is it all one smoothing group?). I thought I might start via the F14 since it is so close to the shape, and just boost its stats some. No plans for transformation (unless FSX suddenly gets hard body physics and deformation animation)

Anyway, awesome work! Please keep us up to daye, and let me know if you need some help here and there (3d model wise). Does FSX allow for LODs?

I picked up a copy and can report FSX runs much better via the steam version. Most mods seem to be comptaible too.

I would be happy to help beta test the island :) I'm tempted to get back into modding FSX because we really need a nice looking VF1 with a VC (no offense to whoever made it, but why is it all one smoothing group?). I thought I might start via the F14 since it is so close to the shape, and just boost its stats some. No plans for transformation (unless FSX suddenly gets hard body physics and deformation animation)

Anyway, awesome work! Please keep us up to daye, and let me know if you need some help here and there (3d model wise). Does FSX allow for LODs?

Thanks! I'm gonna make my own VF-1 for this project but as a scenery object, later we can add some more detail and make it usable.

And yes, there is a LOD system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...