Macross DYRL: Proper English Fandub

Hikuro

Well I kind of fixed it, I dunno how but I did. Sadly though I couldn't make a credit roll or put my water mark on there, but seeing how I'm more focused on getting the stream version out first I'll deal with the DVD variant much later.still, I got the subtitles to work juts fine with this encode. I'll have the movie hopefully up by the end of the day if not sooner.

as stated previously, the streaming version will be edited. Some scenes will be taken out by a few seconds or slightly longer to insure that someone does not copy my work and post it as their own as 2 previous people have, one being a MW member here.

They kind of dipped after Part 2 I think. I tried to fix that area specifically, the vocals I think turned out great. Rarely ever had a moment where you couldn't hear anyone as well as others. But If anyone complains they can't hear ANYONE at any given time I'd tel 'em it was time for hearing aids.

Yeah, I think with the first one you did, there were some vocal parts that were low, then next scene, it'd be much higher. I ran the audio of the video through Adobe Audition, and they look pretty level to everything else. You should keep the audio of this for when/if the Blu-Ray of DYRL comes out after the series on BD.

Congrats Hikuro, this new version of DYRL is really really good!! Sound s is really good & the voice actors are great and who ever does Misa is awesome!

I love the scene where Misa sees her 1st true love vanish, such a haunting scene.,,

Congrats Hikuro, this new version of DYRL is really really good!! Sound s is really good & the voice actors are great and who ever does Misa is awesome!

I love the scene where Misa sees her 1st true love vanish, such a haunting scene.,,

I like that scene, too. As for the sound of that part, it's done well. The fade out of Claudia, then the fade in of the ambient noise coming out of her memory. Hikuro, are you done with all the mixing voice and sound? Doesn't seem like there's much left.

I'm glad people are liking it. I had to change up the tags cause it didn't recognize 99% of what I had typed in. So hopefully it'll spawn some more hits in the coming weeks. But with this, I'm officially done with DYRL. I can fist pump myself and knock it off my list as being something I will proudly accept as done.

Hm....I've tried 4 times now to get new high-res footage so it's not so damn letter boxed like the youtube variant. But Avid doesn't want to use the footage I give it. I'll have to try another way of ripping the footage from the DVD files.

Hm....I've tried 4 times now to get new high-res footage so it's not so damn letter boxed like the youtube variant. But Avid doesn't want to use the footage I give it. I'll have to try another way of ripping the footage from the DVD files.

Good luck with that. Avid seems a bit testy when it comes to this stuff. I wish that Adobe Software I gave you would boot on your computer. Premier is very easy to use, as is the Audition sound editing software.

Thanks. I managed to get a useable codec but that means I'm on my second conversion. It's sad cause there's some darkness and a tad bit of pixelation from this process. I may just have to wait till I get some great rip and convert software versus the free stuff that gives me crap.

Which is also something I need to look into for my new transformers project. If you guys are subscribers (which after so many views on this page I should have a few hundred and not 125!) you can take a look at the awesomeness.

So I went to your Youtube Channel and just watched DYRL for the first time........and it was AWESOME. Thanks for all the work you and your team put into this project. I tried watching it once before and it had 4 layers of subtitles on the screen and it ruined everything so I quit watching about 10 minutes in. Anyways, I'm gonna go have some dogfights between my VF-1's and Battle Pods now (insert flying noises here). Thanks again.

dude just finished the cover for the fansub take a look. It needs a bit more text I'm hoping to get it done and if you allow try my hand at the actual dvd design image.

here is the link Hikuro

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=36263

Edited by leading edge

After a fun friday hanging out with the girlfriend and seeing DOTM bumblebee in person, we went home and had our movie night which was DYRL dub. She had a few bit parts in there so she was anxious to see how she turned out.

First time I actually watched the movie from start to finish without pausing or having to take a break cause i've seen it so many times. Noted to myself a few things I'd want to change, but overall it was much more impressive than the first variant so long ago.

After a fun friday hanging out with the girlfriend and seeing DOTM bumblebee in person, we went home and had our movie night which was DYRL dub. She had a few bit parts in there so she was anxious to see how she turned out.

First time I actually watched the movie from start to finish without pausing or having to take a break cause i've seen it so many times. Noted to myself a few things I'd want to change, but overall it was much more impressive than the first variant so long ago.

Sounds like a success. Can't wait to see it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeeeeeeep........been busy. Work is getting the bests of me and I'm finding my time staying there in my office and playing with the new PC my boss got me. Sweet lil number with 16 gig ram 2 TB hard drive, kick ass graphic and video card and been learning how to use Adobe and making movies for the store and taking photos.

Gotta say, any sort of big update on this movie has been put on the back burner.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm going to hold everything off for some time. With the announcement of the 30th AV release of DYRL coming in the summer time, I might just wait and see if I can make a real blu ray release of the 2.0 audio. I don't know, not experienced in the manner, but it's entirely possible.

• 1 month later...

I think I'm going to hold everything off for some time. With the announcement of the 30th AV release of DYRL coming in the summer time, I might just wait and see if I can make a real blu ray release of the 2.0 audio. I don't know, not experienced in the manner, but it's entirely possible.

I was searching this forum to ask you about the same thing you put up in your last post. It'd be awesome to have the English dub you did on the new format.

That's the plan, if I can get a portable bluray drive and the program to rip it. Some good news is that my work just approved my check request and I THINK my supervisor ordered me Adobe CS6. It might be one of those deals where I have to do the video off the clock on a work PC, dunno if my laptop could take the pounding and eating of ram.

Well, if you need any help, or use of a good computer, let me know. I will have the Bluray when it's out, as well as a pretty powerful computer with a Bluray burner, and the software. I have the CS4 Package, so if you need anything, let me know.

CS6 is great. Plus, in all honesty, it's available as a subscription service for far cheaper than as a physical software package. The entire suite is 49 a month. Which comes out to waaaayyyy under the thousands of bucks the total suite is. Of course, you stop paying and the software disables, but whatever. I have ZERO valk models but a lot of software, so, clearly my priorities are somewhat suspect. Heh. Also, a lot of the stuff (InDesign...) is not useful to you.

The thought came to mind as well since now you can do payments. But 50 bucks a month is a bit much sometimes. we're going thru an instructor at a co workers college and that's how we're getting it so damn cheap.

It should be fun though, I think.

• 3 weeks later...

Been doing some thinking on what I plan on doing should I be able to somehow rip the blu-ray edition of DYRL and optimize the english track. Here's what I'm planning on for hopefully the definitive edition;

1) Optimal Video resolution to match what the Blu-ray will pump out, but try to keep it under 8 gigs.

2) Clean up the English track a bit, add some more effects that went missing, and fix some of the vocal tracks.

3) Redo the Flashback 2012 credit sequence, add in a better credit list that matched the original video.

4) Try to do a Karaoke track for all the minmay sequences. Someone will need to show me how that works though. so volunteers are welcome.

Any other suggestions?