Grew up with the Battle of the Planets and G-force as my favorite cartoon as a kid. Dipped into Gatchaman as an adult. Have high hopes for this!

I was kind of excited about the Imagi Gatchaman before seeing the character design. Shinji Aramaki is working on this live action version so there should be some cool things in it. If anything we should get a good Jun yo-yo toy from this show. Actually we better get one because I've wanted Jun's yo-yo for years.

Yet, after watching the Speed Racer movie. I have a feeling this live action Gatchaman won't get close to that level of quality. Speed Racer is the go to guide for live action anime.

Edited by JetJockey

yeah I didn't like the Imagi character design either , after the project was shelved the footage I saw of them jumping off a building ,gliding to the street etc.. didn't look that great either (incomplete as it was) a shame as TMNT had some great CGI and action scenes.

Yet, after watching the Speed Racer movie. I have a feeling this live action Gatchaman won't get close to that level of quality. Speed Racer is the go to guide for live action anime.

Strangely true, though Yamato was pretty damn good too.

Strangely true, though Yamato was pretty damn good too.

I haven't seen Yamato yet.

Not sure about it. If it succeeds, may they'll go through with Go Lion.

I think they should do a Saber Rider live action movie. It would probably be better suited for live action compared to Go Lion/Voltron.

Not sure about it. If it succeeds, may they'll go through with Go Lion.

Why do a GoLion movie when Mazinger Z is so much better suited.

I haven't seen Yamato.

Definately worth checking out, as is The live action Cutie Honey movie.

I apologize in advance if this comes across wrong but I never pictured half that team as Asian much less all of them. I adored the series and I'd love to see it as live action but... For instance, I picture Tiny (G-force) as someone like Seth Rogen.

I'm just a Westerner. What do I know.

If Macross went live action and Roy Fokker and Claudia Lasalle were Asian in blonde hair dye and black face I'd still foam at the mouth for it.

Edited by Astralith

The OVA God Phoenix is pretty cool too. Although, the original probably is the best. I have the toy/model that was released some years back with a plastic flaming phoenix. It's really good and has small vehicles that actually fit in the phoenix.

BTW JetJockey is your avatar Ken's plane from the Gatchaman OVA by chance?

Yeah. I love that scene when he runs to the jet. I wanted to find something similar of Hikaru or Max (this being Macross World) but I couldn't.

I apologize in advance if this comes across wrong but I never pictured half that team as Asian much less all of them.

really? Because they've been all-Asian and (unfortunately) all MALE for a while now ^^ ;

Meh, the animated version of that CM was always way better though, I gotta admit. Blew me away first time I saw it played on the train.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgBouGEAgrw

anybody else notice the uncanny resemblance that some water sports helmets by a company called Gath have to the Gatchaman gear?

gath.png

cosplayers, have at it! :p

With my physique I would only be good as Ryu and that helmet is simply the wrong shape. LOL!

Well now........I suppose that this has promise. If it does get made, hopefully I'll be able to see it! For me, as others have pointed out, only the original God Phoenix will do. I too have the Unifive God Phoenix and it is gorgeous. Although, mine is now broken due to falling off of my bookcase............ :unsure:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...