Hey guys, returning after a long hiatus. Quick question, I remember back in the day the Animeigo version of SDF Macross was THE version to get, however in my cash strapped student days that was a difficult pill to swallow. These days the Animeigo version is out of print. Is there anything comparable on the market now? I've heard the ADV version is... not as good.

While these days I know Macross like the back of my own hand, one of my primary motivations is to be able to share Macross with whatever spawn I create in the coming years...

Maybe for the 50th anniversary they'll be able to shake off the shackles of HG and finally release the set with English subs.

On a related note, correct me if I'm wrong on these:

Macross Plus BD: OVA no subs, movie has subs?

Macross Frontier BD: TV series no subs, movies have subs?

I'm sensing a pattern here...

Edited by Akilae

Assuming no spawn have left the gate.....and you are in no rush to see a subtitled SDFM......perhaps it may be worthwhile waiting.....who knows what good things may come as a result of the latest Macross F English-subtitled movie release.....

In either case....an Animego boxset can be found on ebay for relatively cheap.....like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Animego-Macross-Robotech-Series-DVDs-/231169192471?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35d2c1f217

Also, only the hig expensive Frontier movie box has subs, the previous hybrid movie/game release had no subs. With that said, if they released the blurays without the big box and artbook, I'd pick up aj extra copy to share.