1/100 Toynami Regult

ff95gj

It did. Even though it's a Macross mech in fine standing, because it has the dreaded Toynami and Robotech names on the label it got shuffled off to the pit of shame :ph34r:

<_<

Wow, this thread is getting difficult to find. Perhaps we need a new forum called "Toys that are really Robotech toys but that everyone pretends are Macross toy because they happen to like them"?

This Robotech Battlepod looks really nice. I'm glad Toynami is able to offer it at such a reasonable price.

Got one on the way for $34 shipped.

This will do just fine next to my 1/60's.

Its cheap and it doesn't transform so I'm not all that worried about its posibility.

Why do people say it is difficult to find this thread? I bump into it all the time, and that, as I said, is making me want one of these "Row Boat take Battle Pod"

It's not hard to find, I was making a joke about this Robotech toy being moved from the Toy forum to the "Other" forum and then back to the Toy forum. :)

And I agree, the more I see this Robotech Battlepod the more I think I might get one. I've never been a big fan of the Robotech Battlepod's design, but I really should have an enemy mecha in my collection, and $20 for a Robotech Battlepod seems like a cheap and easy fix.

It's not hard to find, I was making a joke about this Robotech toy being moved from the Toy forum to the "Other" forum and then back to the Toy forum. :)

And I agree, the more I see this Robotech Battlepod the more I think I might get one. I've never been a big fan of the Robotech Battlepod's design, but I really should have an enemy mecha in my collection, and $20 for a Robotech Battlepod seems like a cheap and easy fix.

Actually, I'm in the wrong here but it's a Robotech toy... for some reason I thought they released it under their Macross banner. So which ever mod moved it... you're right, I'm wrong... I'm ashamed... :(

just seems weird to move it after 3 pages worth of posts...

Actually, I'm in the wrong here but it's a Robotech toy... for some reason I thought they released it under their Macross banner. So which ever mod moved it... you're right, I'm wrong... I'm ashamed... :(

just seems weird to move it after 3 pages worth of posts...

:lol: it's much ado about nothing, really. It's been good for a chuckle though. :)

I think part of the confusion lies in the fact that "Regult" is on the package. Unless I'm mistaken, that name was never used in Robotech.

Well, considering the "battle pod" is from Robotech: The MACROSS Saga, which is just a bastardization of the SDF Macross anime, I say it's Macross. You can call it a "Regult," or a "Battle Pod," but it's the exact same design regardless of what you call it.

Edited by VenomMacbeth

no... in this case, the revvy is the one way out of proportion... even without seeing it next to the Toynami version the pod is reduced in size so that the skinny legs are able to support it.

Well, considering the "battle pod" is from Robotech: The MACROSS Saga, which is just a bastardization of the SDF Macross anime, I say it's Macross. You can call it a "Regult," or a "Battle Pod," but it's the exact same design regardless of what you call it.

lol. It's not like we've heard that argument before, but it's not how we do it in MW... but it's an argument best left in the RT debate thread.

no... in this case, the revvy is the one way out of proportion... even without seeing it next to the Toynami version the pod is reduced in size so that the skinny legs are able to support it.

sure, but the effect is exaggerated in that picture by having the legs hanging straight down

Although the revys look cool, they're WAY exaggerated. Where do those zentradi logos come from that are on the revys? I never saw them in either SDFM or dyrl.

The line art...

If you look at all the sketches and tech drawings of the Zentran/Meltran mecha from official sources, they have insignias, squad designations and even unit numbers all over them (all in Zentran, of course). Back when animation was actually still hand-drawn, as opposed to the CGI cel-shading of mecha done nowadays, it was most likely too time consuming and difficult to animate logos on each and every Regult and Glaug in every single scene. It was just easier and more cost effective to refrain from adding them to footage.

Why do people say it is difficult to find this thread? I bump into it all the time, and that, as I said, is making me want one of these "Row Boat take Battle Pod"

It will go well with your "Bulky-Lee"*! :lol:

*Old bablefish joke...

Thanks Graham :)

I hope some company in Japan picks up the toy. It should be very popular, especially since the sofubi medium is still enduringly popular there.

Eagerly waiting for UPS to deliver mine...

Egads! I never noticed before how leggy the Revoltech Regult is. The Robotech Battlepod looks better proportioned.

I've seen a lot of variance in the line art over the years. Regults either look a bit stocky or a bit leggy. I personally didn't have any issues with the Revoltech's design. Revoltech tends to be a bit on the dynamic, 'cartoonish' side. Toynami on the other hand seems to typically stay in the "Real Type" style, and their Regult follows suit. Only their Super-Posable Valks were rather like the Revoltech look, IMO. Even the Super-Posable Mospeada items were closer to Real Type look.

I just ordered one of these from BBTS based on this thread. I am a sucker for Zentradi mecha of any size, and the sculpt on this one looks excellent. It's also refreshing to find a Macross related item for under $100. ^_^

Mine arrived today! It is sooooo nice! Simple & clean, perfect price point, very sizeable! It has a good weight to it. Sturdy. Another great point is the satin finish on all the paints: Just glossy enough to say 'metal', but dull enough to say 'realistic'. There's a lot of nice detail that would probably come out with a nice, acrylic wash - and the paint is textured just enough to support it, I believe.

The movable main guns are a really, surprising feature. None of the smaller guns move, but the vinyl material and lower price point give a lot of inspiration to customize them for movability, or replace them with metal barrels & whatnot.

Size-wise, it goes perfectly well with 1/100 scale pieces, but also looks wonderful with Takatoku's 80s, larger-scale sofubi Valkyries. I already can't wait for the Heavy Missile version. Where can I preorder?

Daisuke, you did an amazing job with this! I've had a lot of sofubi toys and models in the course of my life, and this is absolutely one of the best I've had the pleasure of owning.

(I came home late from work, and sick with a head cold. So photos will have to wait until Saturday.)

Guest sh002

ordered one from bbts. would still love a 1/72 version to be made. it would be cool if they made 1/100 zentradi figures.

Edited by sh002

I saw some hoobaloo over whether this belonged in the Macross toys section, it should be noted that the label says Robotech Battlepod and then underneath "Regult" so I think it should be considered a cross-bannered toy that belongs equally in either.

For the price it is a decent toy. Unfortunately living down here it costs more to ship than the actual product.

I think most people would agree tho that it would have been awesome to have included the additional knee articulation shown on the prototype on the back of the box tho, as well as ankle joints. It's the only two things that are really missing that would have made it complete. :(

It is very common that you see many different toy packages from different toy companies that picture on package is different from actual product inside.

This figure was orginally designed for full articulation in plastic/PVC material. But after we received production quote from our factory that cost was too expensive.

That picture was taken at the time when it still had knee joints, but in a time when we're in a process of making the package design, it was too late to exchange photo for final production version.

We had to decide if we going to cansell this project, or make in different material. So that we decided to make it simple and less parts in vinly. And that's how this toy came out.

Edited by Maiden Japan

I had a couple of friends from Japan order some from me. I went to go pick them up and when I saw how big the toy was I decided to get one too. I never planned to get one because I'm not big on vinyl toys but I liked the proportions and the sculpt. I'm not that crazy about the paint application and the minimal detail, but that's the trade off for getting it at this price. I don't remember it being this big in the convention displays. It's actually cool to have a decent sized regult to display with the rest of my toys. We're in desperate need for enemy mechs to balance out our collection. I actually want to change my vote in the other thread to a Nousjadeul-Ger... DYRL version, not the TV...

I took some shots of my Toynami Regult today, comparing them to various Macross and Robotech products, both vintage and modern!

Regult vs the vintage IMAI 1/100 Destroid Tomahawk:

RegultVSTomahawk.jpg

Tomahawk Down!

TomahawkDown.jpg

Regult in flight configuration, just for the heck of it:

RegultFlight.jpg

Toynami Regult in comparison with 1/100 Toynami variable Milia Valkyrie, 1/100 Imai Tomahawk and Matchbox Zentraedi ("Micronized") soldier:

QuickCompare.jpg