Overdrive now offering replacement parts for Yamato

any idea how long does it take for them to reply a request? It'd been a week since I put in my request and no reply from them so far.

For my Garland parts it took a weeks for them to contact me. Than it took 4 days for me to get the parts. That was truely fast IMHO....... :blink: I am now an Overdrive fan...

any idea how long does it take for them to reply a request? It'd been a week since I put in my request and no reply from them so far.

In my case it was a week, others have waited a month.

In any case it's a great thing we're getting replacemnet parts ^_^

I took a month but I got my parts. :) What suprised me is that I didn't get the shoulder hinges I asked for but the shoulder hinges with arms (minus hands)?! :huh:

Is this what everyone else has been getting? I don't understand why they just don't ship the hinges. If I have to take it apart too attach it to the fighter I don't mind having to take the arm apart as well. I'm not really complaining its just the Yamato could be saving itself some money just shipping the shoulder hinge instead of the hinge and arm.

Anyway I have my new arms so when those cracks finally turn into a break where the arm falls off I'll replace them then! :lol:

I'll post picks of exactly what I got tomorrow as I don't have a camera handy at the moment.

Just got my parts from Overdrive yesturday. Talk about fast. Great service from Overdrive. I will have to use them in the future for more purchases. Just have to wait for the dollar to get stronger before I do that.

Argh! I just replaced the head on my VF-1S only to find that both of the shoulder hinges are cracked! I hope Yamato has fixed this problem by now. Looks like I will be sending another request to Overdrive. This time for replacement shoulder hinges.

I may have to re-think any further purchases of yamato ver. 2 1/60s.

Edited by North of 49

Just got my parts from Overdrive yesturday. Talk about fast. Great service from Overdrive. I will have to use them in the future for more purchases. Just have to wait for the dollar to get stronger before I do that.

Argh! I just replaced the head on my VF-1S only to find that both of the shoulder hinges are cracked! I hope Yamato has fixed this problem by now. Looks like I will be sending another request to Overdrive. This time for replacement shoulder hinges.

I may have to re-think any further purchases of yamato ver. 2 1/60s.

I wouldn't worry about it that much. Most people report the problem with the VF-1S and as long as you loosen those upper arm hinges under the shoulder pads it should be allot better. Mine hasn't broken yet (just cracked) and considering what I got for my $18US to replace I am happy (both arms, minus hands, instead of just the shoulder hinges). If we lived in Japan it would have cost nothing but what can you do?

Edit:

Here are the pics I said I would take. Here are the 2 arms that I recieved from Overdrive when I requested the should hinge replacements. Note that they come with the shoulder plates attached but I removed them this morning so that I could loosen that ball joint up a bit.

post-9075-1234364559_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

I wouldn't worry about it that much. Most people report the problem with the VF-1S and as long as you loosen those upper arm hinges under the shoulder pads it should be allot better. Mine hasn't broken yet (just cracked) and considering what I got for my $18US to replace I am happy (both arms, minus hands, instead of just the shoulder hinges). If we lived in Japan it would have cost nothing but what can you do?

Well I don't mind paying for the parts at all but I wish I had put in the request for the shoulder hinges along with my last request. I'll take your advice and loosen the replacement hinges shoulder screws to relieve some of the stress on the hinge.

Just frustrates me that I haven't touched the valkyrie in over two months and when I last looked at the hinges they were fine. No cracks and not broken. They spontaneously cracked and broke without me touching it.

Oh well, I will keep my fingers crossed that overdrive can come through for me again. Until then all Yamato Valkyrie purchases are on hold.

Cheers!

Edited by North of 49

For my Garland parts it took a weeks for them to contact me. Than it took 4 days for me to get the parts. That was truely fast IMHO....... :blink: I am now an Overdrive fan...

Why did you need to get Garland parts through them? Yamato USA gives out parts pretty freely for the Garlands.

Vostok 7

I sent a request for replacement neck hinges for my 1/60 YF-19. Have not yet heard back and it's been over a month. Maybe I called them by the wrong name?? SHould I send another request??

are they still doing replacement parts for the broken hinges? I sent them an email over 2 weeks ago and still no response. Someone mentioned they were good at replying whether or not they had the parts but I still have no idea if they are receiving my requests.

You won't know till they get back to you. Email them again 1 or 2 more times. Give it up to a month before you get pissed though. That's how long it has taken some of us just to get a response.

Over drive posted this today:

Mar

06 Notice regarding Yamato Replacement Parts: March 6, 2009

Filed under (Info) by admin @ 07:10 pm

First we are sorry but due to the changes in the exchange market the shipping fees for the Macross replacment parts will be raised.

To check out the new shipping fee list plese click on the link provided below.

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/macross_parts/

Next most of the parts for the requsts sent from January 20 to February 17 have arrived. We will start contacting the people who sent in requests during that period starting on Monday. A few people who have been contacted are still pending but those should arive soon. If you are not contacted by Tuesday please contact us after first checking your spam box .

Please note this excludes the people that have been contacted with the

information that their requests that have been turned down

Thanks to those who have posted photos...guess i'll get me a set of VF-0S, a 1/60 VF-1S v2 shoulder parts and the right thigh leg of YF-21.

I think its fantastic that Yamato is actually giving the whole arm rather than the hinge itself since the hinge is pretty hard to get to for people who have fat fingers and not the most dexterous hands like myself. This way I can just simply pop the new arm in rather than performing surgery on it. Will make my orders later. :)

After 3 weeks from my initial request, Overdrive has my parts awaiting for payment and is ready to be shipped. Seems they request multiples just fine as long you explain how many Valks you have.

Requested:

4 x 1/60 VF-1S Roy Ver Arm Parts(2x Left, 2 x Right)

1 x 1/60 VF-1S Roy Ver Head Part

1 x 1/60 VF-1A Hikaru Ver Arm Part (Left)

After 3 weeks from my initial request, Overdrive has my parts awaiting for payment and is ready to be shipped. Seems they request multiples just fine as long you explain how many Valks you have.

Requested:

wow, lots of defective parts for replacement there...

I bought a Roy with a cracked hinge on the left shoulder because I did not know how far I could push my pristine Hikaru vf-1s. I used it as a dummy version to see how durable it is. Even with a cracked hinge it held up pretty well and show no further signs of the crack getting bigger.

I just paid for my hinges yesterday but I don't even know if I'm going to replace them anymore. It's not worth having to worry about it cracking again when a cracked hinge seems to relieve some of the pressure from the pin. But it's nice to know I have replacements just in case.

Requested:

1 x 1/60 VF-1S Roy Ver Head Part ???

was it missing in the box ? :blink:

Edited by Ghostkiller

wow, lots of defective parts for replacement there...

Just the usual hairline crack of the shoulders. Better have replacements ready just incase.

1 x 1/60 VF-1S Roy Ver Head Part ???

was it missing in the box ? :blink:

Nah, I just needed a new one. :)