Just (confirmed/not just at stock holders announcement) announced, so time for a thread.

Suicide Squad Cast Revealed: Jared Leto to Play the Joker, Will Smith is Deadshot

Jared Leto, Will Smith, Tom Hardy, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney and Cara Delevingne will make up the all-star cast of Warner Bros. supervillain tentpole Suicide Squad, it was announced on Tuesday.

Based on the DC comicbook, the story centers on the team of supervillains who are given a chance at redemption by the government. The catch: Their mission will probably kill them all.

The actors names had long been rumored for the high-profile movie, which opens Aug. 5, 2016, but their deals and characters hadnt been finalized.

Heres the official cast/character list:

Jared Leto The Joker

Will Smith Deadshot

Tom Hardy Rick Flagg

Margot Robbie Harley Quinn

Jai Courtney Boomerang

Cara Delevingne Enchantress

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Horrible. If it was possible to drop my interest below zero, that just did it. if the Superman movies didn't make it obvious enough, DC hasn't a clue what they're doing.

Thank you, glad I'm not the only one.

I think this quote sums it up best :

The Joker looks like a Juggalo. This is not a good look. The Joker should never look like he just came off a three day bender at an ICP concert. Or like he’s cosplaying as James Franco in “Spring Breakers.”

If the Joker is a gangster with a frozen smile, a terrorist with facial scars, or even a psycho with HA HA HA HA tattoos doesn't matter to me. They're still the Joker.

BTW Rapper Common will join the Suicide Squad cast in a unspecified role..

Could he be..Black Manta?!!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=119601

Edited by terry the lone wolf

I came here just to laugh at the new picture of the Joker.

Goofy tattoos, grills, and goth/emo eye make-up... Just hell no. haha.

I'm so annoyed that Jared Leto is the joker. I don't think he is a good choice. I'd rather see Michael Pitt try his hand at it based off his work on Hannibal and Funny Games. He can be turned up to 10 psycho, but also sophisticated and brooding, and his hair is amazing haha:

8e486fd91e0a4ba6cb471854e5d12eb2.jpg

Hannibal-Season-2-Episode-11-Mason-Verge

Edited by Gakken85