PS3 Macross Do You Remember Love Hybrid Pack

Astralith

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Is this really worth it for the game? I know the movie is the main attraction, but I just was curious.

Also I heard it was just upgraded graphics of the same levels on the Frontier psp games. To me personally, from what I've seen, it looks alot like the ps2 game that came out long ago.

Any help is appreciated because I was thinking about getting this movie/game.

Oh, also. The collectors edition has an art book in it. Can anybody tell me if that's worth getting the CE for, or can I get alot of that extra artwork through other books!

Edited by unclechopchop

The game is too short to really have anything in the way of reviews. See Gamefaqs for discussion on it:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/665236-choujikuu-yousai-macross-ai-oboete-imasu-ka-hybrid

Also, this writeup from Kotaku:

http://kotaku.com/5938372/the-newest-macross-game-is-beautiful-but-dated

Thank you. I've checked those spots, but unfortunately I guess I'm trying to find out more.

Is this really worth it for the game? I know the movie is the main attraction, but I just was curious.

Also I heard it was just upgraded graphics of the same levels on the Frontier psp games. To me personally, from what I've seen, it looks alot like the ps2 game that came out long ago.

Any help is appreciated because I was thinking about getting this movie/game.

Oh, also. The collectors edition has an art book in it. Can anybody tell me if that's worth getting the CE for, or can I get alot of that extra artwork through other books!

It's got several books, actually, not to mention an entire extra disc worth of bonus materials. Look at all this stuff!: http://www.macross30.com/1stmovie/anniversarybox/ To me it's worth it for that alone. The game is the sweet icing on the top of a delicious cake. It all depends on how much you can find the Collectors Edition for, though.

• 1 month later...

Just got this. How do I change secondary weapon type? Couldn't figure it out. Graham

What do you mean? It's the same as the PSP games, L+square (If I remember correctly -- it's become subconscious by now!).

What do you mean? It's the same as the PSP games, L+square (If I remember correctly -- it's become subconscious by now!).

Haha, despite probably having hundreds of hours on the PSP games, I guess I'm starting to go senile.

Anyway, loving the game, but not that impressed with the movie quality. Anything black colour looks really grainy. I'll stick with watching my DVD versions I think.

Graham

Haha, despite probably having hundreds of hours on the PSP games, I guess I'm starting to go senile.

Anyway, loving the game, but not that impressed with the movie quality. Anything black colour looks really grainy. I'll stick with watching my DVD versions I think.

Graham

Glad you're enjoying it! I think overall image quality is better than the DVD, thanks to it being a better transfer, but yeah, it still is really grainy in places. There are pluses and minuses for all the releases of DYRL, I think, so I certainly won't be throwing any of them out. :)

• 2 years later...

Hey guys. I know this is an old thread. But I just want to ask how good the DYRL PS3 game is for the Hybrid one? And also for the Wings of Goodbye Hybrid? I found two on sale and I'm hesitant to get it since for sure it's not on-par with the Macross30 game. And how long the game is?

Thanks in advance. ;)

The DYRL one is the longer and more fully featured of the two. I also think it has decent replay value. The WoF one isn't bad but it's really short. Both are supposed to be extras to theor respective movies rather than full games in their own right.

Hey guys. I know this is an old thread. But I just want to ask how good the DYRL PS3 game is for the Hybrid one? And also for the Wings of Goodbye Hybrid? I found two on sale and I'm hesitant to get it since for sure it's not on-par with the Macross30 game. And how long the game is?

Thanks in advance. ;)

I've got a set coming in, but not until sometime in August. Although the game is not the main reason I bought the set, I'm curious as how good it is, as I liked Macross 30 as well.

The DYRL one is the longer and more fully featured of the two. I also think it has decent replay value. The WoF one isn't bad but it's really short. Both are supposed to be extras to theor respective movies rather than full games in their own right.

I've got a set coming in, but not until sometime in August. Although the game is not the main reason I bought the set, I'm curious as how good it is, as I liked Macross 30 as well.

Thanks Tochiro and Abbadon. Guess, I'll get the DYRL. ;)

• 6 months later...

Don't laugh at me. I just now, today, got a PS3. Obviously, I'm not much into gaming anymore. But, I figured I can get a decent used PS3 now that the PS4 is out. I suppose it's too late to redeem the old DYRL side scoll game that the box set came with. I set up my Japanese account, and I entered the code, but no such luck. I'm assuming it's telling me the code is no longer valid or something, but since I can't read Japanese don't really know what it's telling. I tried redeeming under my user account settings, and I tried in the PSN store as well.

I knew it was a long shot, but I had to try.

Actually, I still have the physical PS1 game that I purchased years ago, but it wouldn't play on my US PS3.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for bumping old thread. Got around to play the ps1 dyrl game that I downloaded years ago using the code last night, two questions:

1 - is there no way to save game? It says something about no memory card but doesn't PS3 have a hd?

2 - I got through the armored Valkyrie stage and some really long message popped up and won't play more afterwards, the message said something about changing disc and memory card again, how do u continue the game afterwards? There is a yes/no question on the screen at this point.

I only read very limited Japanese and mostly katakana so can't understand the messages very well.. Any help is appreciated.

• 7 years later...

What do you know, I'm bumping this thread again after another 7 years.

I recently popped the Flashback disc into my PS3 and attempted to play the Flashback video, but my PS3 keeps giving me errors. The DYRL main disc played fine. I don't remember if I have I have ever tried the Flashback disc, does anybody have any idea why it won't play?

2 hours ago, TheLoneWolf said:

I think the Flashback 2012 disc is a regular DVD. If that's the case, then it's probably region locked.

As for blu-ray discs, the US and Japan are in the same region, which is why it's playable on your PS3.

It's a blu-ray. The flashback box says blu-ray, the disc says blu-ray. My PS3 can see the title, but then gives me the 80029903 invalid disc message. The PS3 is my only way to play blu-ray disc unfortunately, but I'll try to test it on another player. 

So I tried playing it on my PS3 and got the same error as you. Even tried it on my Series X and PC and none of those could play it either. I guess it's an authoring error.

I just think it's hilarious that this is the first time anyone's ever mentioned this. I guess we were all understandably too focused on DYRL 😆

2 hours ago, TheLoneWolf said:

So I tried playing it on my PS3 and got the same error as you. Even tried it on my Series X and PC and none of those could play it either. I guess it's an authoring error.

I just think it's hilarious that this is the first time anyone's ever mentioned this. I guess we were all understandably too focused on DYRL 😆

Oh man. I was hoping it would play on other platforms and that it's an isolated PS3 issue. :( I can't imagine I never watched it when I got it 10 years ago, it must have worked before.