Thanks for the heads up on the transformation manual. Could you verify if the rear landing gear in the manual is actually different from the image posted here?

Looks like based on the manual, the rear landing gear tires needs to be rotated.

Frontier spoiled me on armored and super packs as most of the time the VFs were seen rocking them, I love the VF-25 on its own but they just looked so war ready with the packs on. I just couldn't get my fix in DELTA.. 2 episodes with super packs.. :/ well, that's just one more thing to add to the list of the many things wrong with delta but that's another matter entirely.

Can anyone make an educated guess at what are the chances of this new Hayate VF color scheme to be sold together with the super packs at a later date?

Frontier spoiled me on armored and super packs as most of the time the VFs were seen rocking them, I love the VF-25 on its own but they just looked so war ready with the packs on. I just couldn't get my fix in DELTA.. 2 episodes with super packs.. :/ well, that's just one more thing to add to the list of the many things wrong with delta but that's another matter entirely.

Can anyone make an educated guess at what are the chances of this new Hayate VF color scheme to be sold together with the super packs at a later date?

if it does happen then it will be at the end after they release everything.

Oh frak I thk I figured out a way to get a episode d05 early...did anyone try applying bandai's kit decals into a dx before?

If so maybe a messers reaper emblem could make it to the d05 for a pseudo-reaper..that is if you secured the preorder...canon emblem notwithstanding

Edited by seti88

Oh frak I thk I figured out a way to get a episode d05 early...did anyone try applying bandai's kit decals into a dx before?

If so maybe a messers reaper emblem could make it to the d05 for a pseudo-reaper..that is if you secured the preorder...canon emblem notwithstanding

It would be too small. The kit is 1/72 scale and the DX is ~1/60.

I realize that but it wouldn't be that small no? Or is there a way to print out another scaled version and decal it on the DX?

Can you apply some prime and coat just a specific area without necessary coating the whole valk..

If you are going to resize and print the decal, you might as well also design and use the new reaper insignia rather than use Messer's.

For accuracy, you will also need to mask and paint black trimming on the figure. Hayate's rebuilt 31J is blue, white and black.

I like messer's reaper emblem better than the knight :p

But i was thinking of utilizing what's available, since i don't print decals, although there are services or material out there.

Whether it is difficult to do is a separate question on technique which i have no idea on.

Plus its kinda a method of not relying too much on p-bandai and coming up with the customisations yourself. Imagine getting model kit decals and applying them on the valk. The back of the 31 is like a blank canvas waiting to be decalled ^_^

True. ;) But, what's the point of applying a kit decal if you can't get a DX one? Securing a regular release DX VF-31J is a problem already to most people. Bandai should release everything thru P-Bandai exclusives. So it's not a problem acquiring it. :rolleyes:

I like messer's reaper emblem better than the knight :p

But i was thinking of utilizing what's available, since i don't print decals, although there are services or material out there.

Whether it is difficult to do is a separate question on technique which i have no idea on.

Plus its kinda a method of not relying too much on p-bandai and coming up with the customisations yourself. Imagine getting model kit decals and applying them on the valk. The back of the 31 is like a blank canvas waiting to be decalled ^_^

Do it and post pics! For me, I'll just wait for Bandai to offer the tampoed version.

I dont know if its easy or even possible to do hence the original question. Am no pro modeller..That and i would need to secure a Dx of course. But if its easy or possible, then there would be opportunity to do so even with mirage, chuck or even a 31a...

I guess i need an opinion of someone who maybe did customise their DX's before...

I can say from making my own waterslide decals for Transformers faction symbols, you just buy clear waterslide decal paper (ebay has good deals), print whatever you want, trim and apply. Very easy to do! Only problem is the design and colors may not show up well if they are lighter than the area you apply them on.

I see.. were the transformers surfaces similar to a DX too? Did you need to add a solvent or coating, to get it to survive handling during transformations...

I don't own any DX figures yet. I've used waterslides on painted and unpainted surfaces but nowhere that gets rubbed during transformation so I've had no issues. Just applied them and they look good. Some decals require a coating but I used paper that said no coating required (laser printed). Here are a couple examples of mine (Megatron's chest and Shockwave's arms):

Megatron_DSC03891_zpsnueq4wl4.jpg

Transformers_DSC04097_zps5gffhdoa.jpg

Problem with the reaper emblem is it's going to take a lot of white, so you might have to do some fancy painting to get the decal to work out correctly.

Either that, or use white-backed decal film (if it exists) or pre-paint the decal film with white before printing the emblem onto it.

Edited by Chronocidal

Problem with the reaper emblem is it's going to take a lot of white, so you might have to do some fancy painting to get the decal to work out correctly.

Either that, or use white-backed decal film (if it exists) or pre-paint the decal film with white before printing the emblem onto it.

Yep, I didn't look back at what the emblem looked like before I responded earlier but since it has a lot of white, you should get white decal paper and it should work pretty well that way. White decal paper does exist, here.

I don't own any DX figures yet. I've used waterslides on painted and unpainted surfaces but nowhere that gets rubbed during transformation so I've had no issues. Just applied them and they look good. Some decals require a coating but I used paper that said no coating required (laser printed). Here are a couple examples of mine (Megatron's chest and Shockwave's arms):

Megatron_DSC03891_zpsnueq4wl4.jpg

Transformers_DSC04097_zps5gffhdoa.jpg

That looks like its been tampoed! ;) Cool...so if looks simple enough to stick on with minimal fuss..I guess it could work on some level for the DX.

Plus the link you posted on the LaserJet Waterslide decals look interesting.

I might just want to try something on customising a DX, and would need to get it printed on a color laserjet for colors...

That looks like its been tampoed! ;) Cool...so if looks simple enough to stick on with minimal fuss..I guess it could work on some level for the DX.

Plus the link you posted on the LaserJet Waterslide decals look interesting.

I might just want to try something on customising a DX, and would need to get it printed on a color laserjet for colors...

Thanks! Besides the drawback I mentioned earlier, these homemade decals are the best decals I've used. Easily customizable, no worry about placement since they "slide" and as you say, they look tampoed on. Good luck and I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Edited by Slave IV

Now that the Draken is out of the way, I only need the VF-31C and I can start saving money again :p

I do wonder how the remaining VF-31's will fare now considering how the show ended up. Messer's will probably sell quickly due to it being piloted by the lead male, but will Mirage's still be popular enough to sell out quickly, considering how poorly written her character was.

Maybe people will just ignore the characters and just buy based on the colour used. Like, personally I find Chuck's VF-31 really cool looking due to the yellow.

Not a fan of Arad's though. It's just seems a little...Christmasy?

Am not going for the 31S as my fav valk since there wasn't any armored valk + arad didn't get that much screen time valk battle wise.

I would likely go for a 31A, and either the D02/final episode D05. And perhaps chucks since its different as a radome.

Or if these are hard to get, i would just get the kits instead. :p

Not to sound catty but maybe that is as much as bandai deserves based on a lackluster delta.

Hey everyone. Haven't kept up with this thread. Is there any word on a VF-31A release? DX, Bandai 1/72 or Mecha Colle kit, Hasegawa kit?

The TomyTech one is out, but don't expect it in any other form for a while. Not at least until mid to end of next year. They still need to push out the remainder of the main, character-piloted Valks.