How Are You Going To Celebrate?

VF-15 Banshee

well I just finished watching Macross do you remember love movie ...read macross 7 trash and mylene beat ...now I,m watching macross 7 tv series .now I,m on episode 21 ... wow I can't believe I,m going through torture again .... kinda kidding .. I think this is my 3rd time ever looking through the whole series again . I haven't watch it in 8 years .

Started watching Frontier. I do like Ranka's voice better in the TV series. She's definitely doing the "I'm the cute moe-girl" voice in the movies.

I'm glad that someone else noticed this. In the podcast, when I mentioned her voice was different in the movies I was told that it was because she had "aged". Well, I think it's more that with experience and training, she has learned that this is what "anime voice" sounds like, and this is the way it should be done. I much preferred her more natural-sounding TV voice.

I just finished watching Macross 7 1-49 and two encore ..... got 1 more encore and movie to go. I don't think I can sit watch macross dynamite. I don't think I will watch it again (macross 7 series) for next 10 years... so the 40th anniversary.

What, you don't like to see Basara singing to the KUJIRA?!

Just finished Macross Frontier episode 20. Man, that was a hard way to go for Mikhail. I'm glad they changed that in the movies. Impaled through the chest and then blown out into hard vacuum. Valkyrie pilot's curse strikes again.

What, you don't like to see Basara singing to the KUJIRA?!

Just finished Macross Frontier episode 20. Man, that was a hard way to go for Mikhail. I'm glad they changed that in the movies. Impaled through the chest and then blown out into hard vacuum. Valkyrie pilot's curse strikes again.

yeah I reallly like the movie version than tv show...

anyway the only reason why I re-watch macross 7 again because my favorite two people in this whole series... Max & Millia ... so they are not in the dynamite, I might not watch it... I don't know I,m skim through it... oh Basara Basara what a torture !!!!!

Continuing the celebration with a DYRL/Flashback Double header. I must have seen DYRL 20 times now, and it never ceases to amaze me how stunningly beautiful it is.

I have probably watched that close to 200 times and it is still amazing. I am currently trying to find a 16:9 Anamorphic DVD of it. The one I have is 4:3 letterbox.

I have probably watched that close to 200 times and it is still amazing. I am currently trying to find a 16:9 Anamorphic DVD of it. The one I have is 4:3 letterbox.

I stopped counting when I hit 90. That was well over a decade ago so it would be the same ballpark range by now too. I still can't bring myself to watch the new BD release of it all the way thru though. What a way to ruin what could have been the best release of the movie since it came out on theaters close to three decades ago.

Just finished the last episode of Macross Frontier. Man, that was a great final battle, especially with the Quarter Macross Slice-ing Galaxy's main cannon and then Battle Frontier Falcon Punching Battle Galaxy in the face. I can still see, though, why the whole, "you're both my wings," solution annoyed the crap out of people.

There were a couple of minuses though. They fixed this in the movies but Alto needed to have a last duel with Brera. Ranka just magically moving the virus from Sheryl's head to her stomach was a bit of a stretch since they made so much of a point to say that Ranka's the way she is because she was born with the virus.

So from what I saw of the final battle, most of the islands were destroyed, most of the fleet's warships were also destroyed, so they really made it by the skin of their teeth eh?

The scene of the Vajra folding out over Macross City on Earth; was that a retouched scene from Plus or something else or made specifically for Frontier?

I'm not sure what would happen to Bilrer but the guy definitely has an unhealthy obsession with Minmay and somebody is gonna have to answer for the Galaxy conspiracy.

So, now I just have Macross II and the Frontier movies left and then I'm done. It's been a long road since I first started watching SDF Macross in September, but I'm getting there.

• 4 weeks later...

It's really cool to see that some of the restaurants mentioned in SDFM really exist. Even 30 years later!

Sow how was the food?

You mean yummy or not? So good. There are hundreds of restaurants, rivals one another, but they survive because they all have enough skills to offer delicious cuisine.

• 4 weeks later...

As part of my celebrations (I don't think the 30th Anniversary is quite over until Macross 30 comes out) I've been reviewing Macross on my podcast, currently in episodes 12 and 14. I've done SDF, DYRL and FB2012 so far.

http://reignofchaos.podbean.com/

I listened, and it was extremely good! You've definitely got a good show on your hands!

That said... your co-host on Ep. 14 is misinformed... "Clash of the Bionoids" wasn't a fandub, but an official, paid-for product. And HG was DEFINITELY "minding the store" when the AnimEigo and ADV SDFMTV DVDs came out (AnimEigo used HG's master tapes, and ADV used AnimEigo's restored footage). Not EVERY blockage of Macross is due to HG.

But yeah, other than that, a fun listen, and I can't wait to hear more!

Edited by Gubaba

well I just finished watching macross II and watching the original macross series... wow that was great show. I was sad when I got to the ending. Didn't wanted to end at all... I haven't watch that series almost 9 years .

I haven't watch macross frontier... since it so new and fresh in my mind, I watch the movie version couple years ago...I might not watch it anytime soon.

I watch 49 plus 3 encore of macross 7 in November last year ... I just can't get into macross dynamite because once again basara I just can't take it anymore of him.

Finally I haven't watch macross plus the movie or OVA version in long time also... around 9 years... maybe in the future I watch it again.

So right now I,m macross drug out. !!!