Newbie ANSWERS thread!

would the weapons for a 12 inch or 1/6 scale figure go well with a 1/48? i'm planning on buying some weapons....my 1/48 looks boring with just the gunpod :p  :lol:

Hikaru was intrigued by your query. Here's thr result. ;)

that looks bad ass!! :o:o

i will do that right now. :p

edit : here is a few pics, i got knocked off of the server so it took longer. we should start a thread for giving 1/48 new weapons :p

Edited by zeo-mare

speaking of musha i have the old musha gundam MK II and a few others i wonder if the armor would fit on it.

Edited by zeo-mare

• 3 weeks later...
hey zeo-mare did you blackwash your 1/48 so the detail in the lines would show? how did you do it? <_<

hi i used a gundam fine tip marker, and got very good results.

chris

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, it sounds like this was already answered but I want to be absolutely sure. In the original Takatoku SUPER VF-1S there is no wing stop so you could pull the bone white wings all the way forward.

In the 1990 Bandai RE-ISSUE SUPER VF-1S a wing stop has been implemented so you can no longer sweep the wings the entire way forward?

Also, it's said a few times that there were no heat shields for the Takatoku valks but the Super VF-1S takatoku does come with a heat shield doesn't it?

Basically, if you don't own either Super VF-1S but you come across one at a garage sale with no stickers applied, no box, and no armor, what would be the easiest way to tell which Super VF-1S it is? I'm guessing it'd be by sweeping the wings forward and seeing where they'd stop.

Does the Takatoku Super VF-1S armor fit on other Taka valks?

Also, it's said a few times that there were no heat shields for the Takatoku valks but the Super VF-1S takatoku does come with a heat shield doesn't it?

No it does not come with the heat shield. When bandai bought the molds after takatoku's bankruptcy, they made heat shields for the DYRL valks.

In the 1990 Bandai RE-ISSUE SUPER VF-1S a wing stop has been implemented so you can no longer sweep the wings the entire way forward?

Correct,lt has the same limitations of the Jetfire toy from transformers and DYRL 1/55s.

Basically, if you don't own either Super VF-1S but you come across one at a garage sale with no stickers applied, no box, and no armor, what would be the easiest way to tell which Super VF-1S it is? I'm guessing it'd be by sweeping the wings forward and seeing where they'd stop.

THe takatoku super valkyrie is bone white(yellowish off white), with an amber canopy. The andai 1990 reissue, has a clear canopy, and pure white finish. The 1990 also has less diecast, and no black plastic near the knees. Takatoku can swing wings forward, the bandai 1990 and DYRL toys cannot.

Does the Takatoku Super VF-1S armor fit on other Taka valks?

Yes it can. Takatoku super armor can fit everything EXCEPT the bandai 2001-2002 re-issues.

• 1 month later...

Yo, not really a newbie question, but I also didn't think it deserved its own thread. Anyone know what scale the cheap Banpresto (redundant, I know) 2002 DYRL? Valkyries are? Are they 1/100 scale? That seems about right but I've scoured the box three times now and can't seem to find the scale listed anywhere.

I've seen this question asked before, but I've yet to see a response.

On the 1/48 sticker sheet there are two sets of stickers shown for the Macross insignia that goes right under the cockpit. One has the Macross insignia and the other is plain white. Are we supposed to put the white ones on first and then put on the one with the insignia? And if the answer is "Yes," what's the reason?

As always, thanks for the help!

I've seen this question asked before, but I've yet to see a response.

On the 1/48 sticker sheet there are two sets of stickers shown for the Macross insignia that goes right under the cockpit. One has the Macross insignia and the other is plain white. Are we supposed to put the white ones on first and then put on the one with the insignia? And if the answer is "Yes," what's the reason?

As always, thanks for the help!

i think the white stickers are just extras.

the yamato sticker sheet is chock full of pointless stickers that has no real place to go.

just use the red kite stickers for the sides.

Rad- I've got a Banpresto and a 1/100 scale Battroid model standing next to my Koenig... If you are a bit er... hard of vision you can pretend that the 'presto is 1/100 scale but it really is too small.... looks more 1/144ish to me.

Rad- I've got a Banpresto and a 1/100 scale Battroid model standing next to my Koenig... If you are a bit er... hard of vision you can pretend that the 'presto is 1/100 scale but it really is too small.... looks more 1/144ish to me.

actually the banprestos are bigger than 1/144, and smaller than 1/100. i have the doyusha 1/144 valks and they are way small in comparison to the banprestos in fighter mode. i'd say their about 1/122.5843 scale. :p

The white stickers are for placement underneath the kite symbol. I think it is to block out the black from the stripe underneath. It might also be to let the symbol sticker adhere better(sticks better to something on paper rather than on plastic).

What about the white sticker then? :p

I just answered that. I should have rephrased. you place the kite sticker onto the white sticker, then put the white sticker onto the fueselage where you would put the kite sticker. That way it the kite adheres to the white and has less chance of peeling. Graham may have mentioned this when the first 1/48 sample came out in late 2002.

If you look at the instructions for the sticker placement, it does look like you're supposed to put both the white and the kite on the same spot. But it didn't make a lot of sense to me because the white sticker wouldn't necessarily stick any better to the toy than the kite would.

But if it's real purpose is to provide a nice white background for the kite, then that makes a little more sense. I'll have to look at folks pics and see if I can tell if they used the white sticker or not.

Have folks been applying the kite without the white background sticker? If so, are you happy with the results?

I just answered that. I should have rephrased. you place the kite sticker onto the white sticker, then put the white sticker onto the fueselage where you would put the kite sticker. That way it the kite adheres to the white and has less chance of peeling. Graham may have mentioned this when the first 1/48 sample came out in late 2002.

You didn't get it. Even then you cannot stop the white sticker from peeling. :D

All it does is to block out the blue, black or red underneath.

why are there not fast pack kits for 1/60th scale yamatos, I mean the only way to get a normal (not colored like max and miria) is the tv type hikaru, but those are getting harder to find, does anyone know why yamato didnt make one like they did for the 1/48's

yamato intended to make fast backs but decided against it simply because of the original toys were made...they would've had to recall all the older toys and/or provide upgrade kits for those who want fastpacks...like new legs, backpack and forearms and quiet honestly, i doubt they wanted to do anything like that so when they brought out the 1/48 scale they decided to just kill the 1/60 fastpack project and just concentrate mostly on their 1/48 line

why are there not fast pack kits for 1/60th scale yamatos, I mean the only way to get a normal (not colored like max and miria) is the tv type hikaru, but those are getting harder to find, does anyone know why yamato didnt make one like they did for the 1/48's

because they didn't think of doing it until after the fact. <_<

they released a bunch of regular non FP valks, then released the strike and supers, then realized, shiet! what about the previous releases?

they had time to make it so the 1D can have a full set of FP on it but didn't bother to release it with it. the TRU CF(or the other CF) can support the leg and arm armor but no backpack booster.

so you're next question would be, will one ever get made?

NOPE, never gonna happen. :angry:

its been a long time since they've released a new valk or anything 1/60 scale. you can do what i did and just buy a bunch of 1S strikes and give them some custom paint jobs. only problem with this is, you can't make the strikes into supers hence why i've been looking to score some strike-side missile launchers with no luck. :(

Back on the white sticker under the kite thing:

Ive been curious about that myself. I was going to do it on the first one i bought, but it makes the sticker stand WAY out off the valk, so I never ended up doing it. I dont think the kites look all that bad anyway, and Ive never had one peel off on me. The only stickers that peel are the no step ones and sometimes the intake danger signs next to the engine intakes. And even that u can prevent by trimming the sticker down.

YA know in my experience theres no way to really stop the yamato stickers from peeling. Their stickers really suck in general. I play with my toys so this might be the reason but even if I avoid the stickered areas they still peel. This does not happen as much on my bandais but to be fair the bandais have most of their stuff painted.....and its great that they did.

Yamatos best solution to this is to either tampo or pad print all over the place or to use a much stronger adhesive for their stickers.

And for the armor question haterist pretty much covered it. There would be a ton of complaints if fans had to drill our own holes, and heck not everyone has time to do so. I am not sure if I am right on this but perhaps new legs or leg parts were to be included for the seperate FAST packs? I think they were planned seperately for the 1.60s but I am not sure.

because they didn't think of doing it until after the fact. <_<

they released a bunch of regular non FP valks, then released the strike and supers, then realized, shiet! what about the previous releases?

they had time to make it so the 1D can have a full set of FP on it but didn't bother to release it with it. the TRU CF(or the other CF) can support the leg and arm armor but no backpack booster.

so you're next question would be, will one ever get made?

NOPE, never gonna happen. :angry:

its been a long time since they've released a new valk or anything 1/60 scale. you can do what i did and just buy a bunch of 1S strikes and give them some custom paint jobs. only problem with this is, you can't make the strikes into supers hence why i've been looking to score some strike-side missile launchers with no luck. :(

well thanks for the answers :) I just started collecting macross toys and just not that enthusiastic about the 1/48's, from what Ive heard they are very very fragile, and the whole backpack thing, coupled with the price, I dont know if Ill get any :huh:

actually they aren't really that fragile, we just have a bunch of clumsy members that dropped their valks. it doesn't just snap on its own, if anything the 1/60 backpack hinges are way worse.

i thought the same thing you did about the 1/48's a while back, now i got 13 of them. believe me, you won't be disappointed with your purchase. they're way expensive as is now and with no future releases on the horizon(other than GBP armor) the price is only going to go up then you'll really be SOFL or broke as hell. :p