Ugh... so far the costumes are looking like cheap Sentai knock-offs...

And why is Jun purple instead of pink?!?!?

Pink doesn't look right on screen. :lol:

The hell? How does anyone expect them to glide in suits that heavy?

Worked for Batman. :lol:

As teaser trailers go, that was pretty standard. Give me an actual trailer.

As a Gatchaman/BOTP fan for over thirty years, (fark), I have to say that no matter what I am interested in the prospect of a LAM, so I will wait and see about this.

• 2 weeks later...

As a Gatchaman/BOTP fan for over thirty years, (fark), I have to say that no matter what I am interested in the prospect of a LAM, so I will wait and see about this.

I agree interest level still 4/5 for me.

Feathered style capes is a major part of Gatchaman's iconic image, with the centre of the cape ending around the lower back and the winged portions finishing at the knee( in general, each character's cape varied)

Gatchaman's cape at rest (not gliding/windy environment) were more static, like a birds wing at rest.

Lineart and each episode was inconsistant with this...BUT this ain't no Batman with ankle length cloth cape!!!

I hope the new anime pays homage to this , because the above image is f*#%ed!!

I hope the new anime pays homage to this , because the above image is f*#%ed!!

There is a new Gatchaman anime in the works?

I don't like the helmets on the live action version either. They look too much like motorcycle helmets and not the iconic bird beaks. I think Gatchaman might be one of those things better suited to the animated world.

I'm reserving judgement until I see the design of the GOD PHOENIX and vehicles. Unitl then...

Stuff the fact that they will probably be turned into generic 2 dimensional EMO teenagers who can fly and other non cannon things. If the Phoenix sucks it all sucks :)

Thanks, I think. I looked at those sketches and thought I must have followed the wrong link. This doesn't look like a Gatchaman show I want to see. It makes the Imagi version look like some of the best designs ever.

• 1 month later...

NEW trailer....

I think that must be the trailer for a 360 game of the movie...because theres no colour in it. WHERE ARE THE COLOURS?!?!?!

Going by the trailer this looks pretty terrible, sigh.

Suit design is poor. Suits just dont look dynamic or colourful enough. Jun shouldnt be a tomboy. She also needs pink. Someone forgot to colour the God Phoenix. Far too much emo. Fights and SFX look barely a cut above recent sentai films.

Sorry for all the negativity. After Yamato, Gantz and Kenshin being such good adaptations, this looks disappointing.

I think that must be the trailer for a 360 game of the movie...because theres no colour in it. WHERE ARE THE COLOURS?!?!?!

Going by the trailer this looks pretty terrible, sigh.

Suit design is poor. Suits just dont look dynamic or colourful enough. Jun shouldnt be a tomboy. She also needs pink. Someone forgot to colour the God Phoenix. Far too much emo. Fights and SFX look barely a cut above recent sentai films.

Sorry for all the negativity. After Yamato, Gantz and Kenshin being such good adaptations, this looks disappointing.

But if they make it all colourful, it will be indistinguishable from Power Rangers, which you obviously don't want.

Gatchaman is already an ended content a.k.a owa-con (オワコン).

Have you watched Ohayo Ninjatai Gatchaman on NTV?

http://dai.ly/xieus9

I don't have any hope of the movie.

Yeah, I watched that one almost every day! It was quite funny sometimes. It's finished now, but they have "Mazinger ZIP!" instead now. That is not so funny.

The movie..... I won't watch it at the cinema but I'll rent it to see if I can spot myself.... :D

• 3 weeks later...

Gatchaman Crowds... They shouldve just called it Tiger & Bunny 2.....ugh.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-07-08/gatchaman-crowds-heroes-g-suits-and-powers-revealed

This looks equally as bad as the live action. Who is making this stuff? People who haven't seen modern American superhero movies? Gatchaman could be awesome. You have movies like Iron Man, Avengers, Incredibles, and others that get the whole sci-fi hero/team against large scale enemies. But with these new Gatchaman projects it seems like they are going in the wrong direction.

Gatchaman Crowds... They shouldve just called it Tiger & Bunny 2.....ugh.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-07-08/gatchaman-crowds-heroes-g-suits-and-powers-revealed

Oh, Tachikawa... I only know there is Isetan Department.

http://youtu.be/j0mAVsjI1s0

And the immigration office. :)

Ah, the place you hate...

Oh, and if anyone wants a YF-25 Prophecy Bandai kit, they have one in Tachikawa Book Off.

This one, right? (Off-topic) B))

post-14942-0-67913500-1373465651_thumb.jpg

And the movie was deleted... :(

• 2 months later...